Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone help me with the value on this senter/rumbleseat windsheild?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kjell Elias, May 9, 2013.

1. Okey, so i got this windsheild from my dad.. and after som time on google i kinda know what i got.. but im looking to trade og sell it to get me a model a windsheild.. so here it goes, its a Packard senter/Rumble seat windsheild from around 1928-29

[​IMG]

This is mine

and here is a picture i found trew google:

[​IMG]

2. I know the rumble seat one isnt the same.. put i have seen a picture of the same one as i have.. just did not find the pic now.. :/

3. F&J

F&J

I would join the AACA.org website. That is the club that puts on Hershey car show.

They have a "what is it" forum listed in the PHOTO forum. Someone will see it, if you ask what it is, and what is it worth.

You will get a bunch of offers, as it must be a very difficult accessory to find. It may be aftermarket to fit other cars besides Packard. They will know

4. a rare enough part, it would be hard to say. $200-$300 US would certainly be fair, and get you a model A windshield....Maybe lots more on a place like EBAY if you get two or more guys that need it.

5. Thx for the tip, i will take a look at that :)

thx :) i figured it was rare when i did not find any on ebay... haha :p

6. Sadly, too many look at Ebay and think that. Just because you dont see one thats for sale doesnt mean its one of a kind and you can retire on it.

7. thats true, but it just gave me the idea to look more. but since i posted it here i just want a real estimate on what i can charge for it if i sell it :)

8. I would think more of restoration friendly sites would bring better money. Most guys here might oly think of buying it for 2 reasons,,, if they can make more money or as a novelty.

9. F&J

F&J

If it is a certain brand or if it is very high quality, a person that has a very expensive "CCCA Full Classic" car will really fight for it. Those guys like to add high quality flashy rare parts onto their show cars.

I don't know what it is worth, but if it was a high quality part in super nice condition, $1000 US would not shock me, if it was sold on USA Ebay.

If it is not what those guys want for quality, it might be only 1/5 th of that.

Your location may hurt the bids on USA ebay, but there may be a market in Europe on another ebay.

10. thx for a good reply, ill just wait and see if someone knows what it is :) hehe there is a guy here in town who wants it for his model a phaeton.. :p
    fingers crosed for high quality part :)

11. F&J

F&J

There is at least one AACA site member from Norway who reads all of the "what is it threads" on AACA. He may respond to your request just because he may want to help out a fellow Norse:cool: He knows the very early cars a bit more, but he might know about that windshield.

EDIT, Oops he might be from Sweden. I may have been fooled by his first name

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  12. that might be so, but it dosent harm to ask here :)

ill wait for him to reply there then ;) hehe.. swedish or norwegian is the same deal in this case :)