Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TRUCKS ONLY PIC THREAD! Show me your cool trucks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

'47 Diamond T 201 pickup out of the barn after 25 years.

[​IMG]

2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Beautiful. What color is the body? Is that a flat paint? I love the look.

3. Guess I can add my latest Twuck on here now....
    Chopped '60 Ford

Attached Files:

4. Buzznut

Buzznut

Thanks Gulfstream...I was going for the "clean" look.

VooDoo, there are two different paints there. I used the Army Green Rustoleum that is part of their Camouflage paint line, then I had an industrial Epoxy mixed to match. The Rustoleum has been applied to the panels that are either going to be replaced or where the old paint wasn't stripped. The Epoxy went onto the panels that were stripped down to bare metal and finished. It will serve as a basecoat once I am ready to do the final paint job. Glad you like it.

5. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Whew Buzznut, apparently great minds DO think alike, lol!
    Here's MY '55 and there's a lot in common between it and yours in appearance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mine's Rustoleum Satin Oregano and I been wondering if I could get an epoxy primer tinted to match it so I could strip bare/spray each panel as I complete them? Apparently so, huh?

Looks like your front clip has been off, the firewall sprayed, and firewall-to-inner fender gaskets replaced. I definitely need to do that. Great looking truck:D

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  6. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

A little more accurate sense of the color. Sorry, iPhone pic's so not that great.

[​IMG]

Can I ask how yours is lowered so far? And what are your future plans for yours?

7. Buzznut

Buzznut

Your truck looks great...I've always dug your speedo and door panels.

Thanks Dan. Wow, crazy how similar. The Epoxy is the same paint typically used to paint handrails at schools and businesses, etc.. It's pretty much bullet proof and can be scuffed and used as a base for primer/sealer/color.

I chose Valspar LIC Epoxy, but I believe Benjamin Moore has one as well. The Valspar LIC has a better tinting system, so more colors can be created and matched.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  8. ...hey, nice Chevy's there; here's my take on one....still workin on it...
    [​IMG]

9. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Thanks for the info! Ironically, the dash and door panels will have to change cause when I resprayed the outside it doesn't really "go" with the inside being Sage & Celery. I may switch to the Oregano & Almond I have around the windows. What color do you have around your windows? I like it better than mine.

BTW, that Celery? A small amount looks good, spraying the wholer interior as I once planned would make me puke, I think! lol.

I LOVE your truck Buzznut - and not just cause it looks similar to mine. It's very well done so far.

10. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Hell Rusty, even YOU'VE got the light green thing going on...at least it kinda looks like. Or is it a faded aqua, turquoise thing? I really considered switchin to an aqua color but couldn't find any that wasn't way over the top bright.

11. ...it's actually a grey-green house paint brushed on, the truck was 5-6 different colors; I like it much better like this....I'm runnin a 292 inline/350 turbo trans in mine.

12. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Cool :cool:

13. exterminator

exterminator

Love that diamond T.What is the plan for it?

14. improved, and new

Attached Files:

15. ...just sold a 51 Chevy 1/2 ton last Saturday, so today I went out to re-invest some of the $ and bought this 50 GMC 1 ton grain truck. (same sheetmetal as a 1/2 ton)
    I'm keeping the sheetmetal and motor/trans, and taking the chassis/hoist box back to the guy I bought it from; he's gonna make a farm trailer out of that.
    I'm gonna build another pickup out of this one. I've been looking at this truck sitting in one spot for at least 15+ years, it was only 5 miles from my house.
    [​IMG]

16. Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul

17. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Very, very nice!

18. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I need to swap out that rear fender and running board, install the bumper and hood trim, then I think it's done, and it's time to drive it.

19. Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul

Thank you sir!

20. Vintage soul,
    Lovin' that truck. Sits exactly how I want my 35 to sit. Stunning!!
    Charlie.

21. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Vintage Soul - Man, that thing sits SO nice. Sorry to admit I'm an ignoramus but what year is your truck? Anymore photos?

22. I know I've posted a pic of my truck here a couple times but I like this pic. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1369239455.169109.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Coach529

Coach529

Bitchin!!

24. Here is mine... had it for 37 years - 56 Chevy!

Attached Files:

25. Thanks coach!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. tsutomu27

tsutomu27
    from Austin

QUOTE=Malibob;4438142]Oooh! I want to play, here is my humble Chev.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is cool as shit!

27. Sweet,I love the.54 grill the.most.

28. Coach529

Coach529

Before:

[​IMG]

Currently:

[​IMG]

29. Hey Coach-That 3600 is looking good!
    What are running for suspension?-looks like you ditched the original heavy duty stuff?

30. Coach529

Coach529

Thanks.

Sid's 4" drop front axle with original springs with some leaves removed. Front disk brakes

Rear is S-10 leaf springs with Blazer rear end

Both ends have updated shocks.