Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Finding the Road Rebels...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jul 13, 2011.

1. flathead okie

flathead okie

This story is cool anyway you look at it.
    I still have my original club jacket, even tho it doesn't fit, my wife can wear it.
    She wanted me to throw it away when I got my new one, cause it's faded and slightly worn, now she's glad I didn't.

2. Thelost40

Thelost40

Thanks!:)

3. Thelost40

Thelost40

I'm glad you didn't throw it away either! :)My uncle told me he thinks his mother threw my father's jacket out after he died as it was covered in grease, oil, etc. :(

4. Thelost40

Thelost40

Thanks!:)

5. Can we see a pic of the cotton side of the old jacket?

6. Thelost40

Thelost40

I wanted to post all the pictures of the original jacket but for some reason this thread would only let me post 1 pic. When I tried to make my own thread it would only let me post two. I just tried to post again to your response and it wouldn't let me do it
    Maybe I should post an album?

7. Thelost40

Thelost40

I created an album of some of the photos of the original jacket. It's public so anyone can look at it.

8. Thanks for puting those on here. I've been trying to get info on a club here in my home town called the "Road Knights of Pepperell" but not finding much.Small town small club.

9. Thelost40

Thelost40

Your welcome! Do you have any names of who was in the club back then?
    Did you check Dennis O'Brien to see if he had a club plaque?

10. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

11. Don't know about Medford Road Rebels but my Dad (RIP) was in the Road Rebels in Perry, GA

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. Doreen - none of the ladies could come up with a plaque?

56Kustom, I have 113 Road Knights plaque patterns from the 1950/60's but none of them say Pepperell on them. There are four that are from Mass - Fall River, Adams, Weymouth and Lowell. As a matter of fact, out of 12,000 there isn't one with Pepperell on it!

Dennis

13. Thanks for looking Dennis.I was told that one of the members had a plaque and another has a jacket but haven't seen either yet.

14. Some names were Jonny Reese,Eddie and Warren Razzaboni,Bob Trotter.Can't think of any more now.I heard about the club on facebook.I've lived in town for most of my 56 years and never knew about it.

15. Thelost40

Thelost40

Nope... no plaques from the Rebellettes either!

16. Thelost40

Thelost40

Thanks TWiG!;)

17. Found this on the world wide web :cool:

[​IMG]

18. Thelost40

Thelost40

this is the plaque I had made by Dennis O'Brien.. if you look in the album I posted it matches the club card. I insisted it had to match the card because of the unique way Road Rebel's was spelled with the apostrophe S.

19. Thelost40

Thelost40

It must have been the most common name for a club.. there were 3 Road Rebels clubs in MA all near each other too.. Saugus, Medford and Westford. At least you have the original plaque.

20. We have pattern for 107 Road Rebels plaques made back in the 1950/60's - including one from Ware Mass.

Ironically, in the last 35 years, I don't think we've made any plaques for new Road Rebels clubs.

Dennis

21. I'm still hoping to get an original for you to copy.

22. Swifster

Swifster

What a great story. And the jacket looks great...

23. richard price

richard price

image.jpg
    Hello Ray, I just came accross your post that's a couple of years old now....
    I have a 55' Safari too; hope to get it on the road this summer. I'm up north in Ottawa Ont. Talk to you soon.
    Rick

24. Hi Doreen, awesome story and I can't imagine how happy it makes you to have that jacket and to ponder the history and family behind it. If you ever decide to build that car and a bad-ass flathead, let me know . . . I'll be happy to apply some of my flathead skills to the project. Take care, B&S

25. I was a member of a club- WOODWARD KNIGHTS- got plaques and shirts but never jackets- this was a great story-

26. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Was this their plaque? .....

[​IMG]
    I'm guessing this club was based in the Detroit area.

27. Nice work all around:cool:

28. Woodward Knights was based in Farmington, MI area-
    I drove a Dark Brown 1939 Ford pretty much year round-

29. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Site was moved so here it is again .....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    GAOldsman and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Being an east coast guy, I like the channeled and unchopped look, so much so I fabbed a plaque and had the local stove shop - repairs cast me 27 of them.
    All letters and objects must have a negative 3* rake so they can be removered from the mold...
    I sanded that into the generic coupe and the border, bought the letters from the stove guy, they had the rake...
    $16 each 15 years ago...
    the "HAMB" SYSTEM ALL OF A SUDDEN SAYS MY FILE IS TOO LARGE FOR THE SERVER, tried old pix from my computer still too big ........ HELP !