Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the worst thing you ran over with a Hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Badger and a fox

2. BRENT

BRENT

redtailed hawk eating some road kill. Darn thing didnt take off in time.

3. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Hit a kid off his bike in my 48 pickup, was driving through a suburb after work and crested a small hill. On the other side a kid was weaving in and out of the centre dotted lines so i downshifted and revved it , he looked back. He swung to the right and as i upgeared he cut me off to the left, i was doing about 35 mph. The next second i had this kid clawing his way toward's me on my hood. Then he lost contact and slid over the front, i pulled over and he was under the grill still hanging onto the bumper. He climbed out and i could see part of his spine amid some gore . He was a bit of a mess, luckily i had witnesses who said i hadn't been speeding and they said the kid had been riding dangerously.
    I later went and spoke to his mum, she said that thank god i had taken care of him after the accident and she had tried repeatedly to get him to abide to the road rules. So maybe now he would listen.

I thank my lucky star's that things would have been far worse for him had i not removed my tunnelram and bugcatcher 2 weeks earlier.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  4. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Hit the lil fluffy dog of the town bully with my 48 pickup, damn thing ran straight out in front of me off the curb after spotting a cat.
    I braked hard and heard a crunch but nothing came out from the back, part of it was wedged under my front crossmember and the rest had painted the road for about 20 feet. So i pulled over and headed down to his place, i told his sisters the bad new's but they said that he had a right to know in person. So they called him up, luckily he was out nailing my cousin so he turned up in a good mood.

I explained the situation and he wasn't overly impressed but i avoided getting into a blue (fight) with him after pointing out his yard wasn't even fenced, so it was his fault. So we went back and i dragged what was lefty of fluffy from under the truck for burial. Because i'm such i nice bloke (guy) , i even dug the hole.

5. flatout51

flatout51

Hit a deer in my A sedan... Just bounced off the tire into the door. Didnt even leave a scratch... On the car. The deer was not so lucky.

6. Re: Whats the worst thing you ran over with a Hot rod

My foot and it put me off work for 6 weeks.
    Broke a few bones that wouldn't heal right.

Culprit was an Ardun powered T bucket I was pushing while trying to steer at the same time.
    'Silly, I know, but I was a dump punk teen then .. lol

7. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Back in the minitruck days, I have hit a bedliner, dead dogs, possums, dead and otherwise, hit a turtle on the interstate and drug him until he wore away and bounced out from under the truck. In my roommate's 78 Datsun we hit what looked to be a bowling ball paved over in the slow lane, jumped the truck, knocked out the radio, threw the truck out of gear. Got stopped by a dead sheepdog under the truck. Nearly got hit by an airborne Hayundai on I 95 that had hit a camper and then shot through the median. Truck in front of us hit some roofing metal that stood straight up in front of us. We went to the side and it spun sideways before we could hit it.

8. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Buddy, I just spit coffee on my shirt!

I hit a porcupine as big as a buick and it felt like I was on two wheels for a couple seconds.

9. This was in 1974. I'm with a buddy in his '66 Mustang, coming home from a night of bar hopping and it was like 3 AM and foggy out. We're doing maybe 65 and all of a sudden there's something ahead in the road and he clobbers it full force.

We drag it maybe another 50' before the car can be stopped. Turns out to be a 5' piece of telephone pole that folded the entire front suspension back under the car. We're standing off the side of the road contemplating what to do when this big-assed '65 Buick comes up and rams the Mustang square in the ass. The car looked like an accordian.

The Buick backs up, drives around us and vanishes into the mist. The cops were sympathetic and called a wrecker. Never found out anything about the Buick, which left a wide trail of anti-freeze behind it. The Mustang was eventually fixed, lucky he had collision on it.

Bob

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

every time I read this thread now I have the dead skunk song stuck in my head lol

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

worst thing I ever saw was some real funny jokers dragged a store mannequin in the road and left it with ketchup all over it, glad no one got in a wreck trying to avoid it, some people just need to have the crap beat out of them is all :mad:

12. Smilin Jack

Smilin Jack

13. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

This is my fear and why I dont run over snakes in the Jeep (no doors, windows or top)...

14. I try not to hit anything in my '35, but my '67 stepside must be a critter magnet :eek:

15. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

did'nt happen to me but...about 8:00 in the morning,405 frwy north bound (so, cal)a 70's corvette parked in the emergency lane with a 2x12 scaffolding plank run clean thru the windshield and back window ,hard top ,convertible,took out the rear view mirror.nobody was around the car.thinking WTF

16. Thanks lostforawhile!!! Now i've got Loudon Wainwright the third in my head and can't get it out too.

17. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

must have been a hamb member, he saw enough road kill :D

18. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

I ran over black ice while accelerating to pass a guy. I immediately did a 180 degree flip, and passed him going backwards. I still remember the stunned look on his face. My '29 A sedan went backwards in a ditch. No damage at all, and a good Samaritan pulled me out a few minutes later. I was much younger then, and I have been careful about ice since, as I discovered I don't like passing cars while my rod is pointed the wrong direction.

19. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.....Holy Shit

20. Love it!

21. COOP

COOP

Just yesterday, cruisin' down the h'way, hit a big coon that came out of nowhere. Just had this bucket together for about a month. I wanted to build this one low, but I didn't figure that the master cylinder and pedal was as low as it was.(cleared scrub line). Anyway the coon hit the bottom of the pedal and applied the brakes for me before I could. Not much damage, just a little clean up, but made me aware that something else could do much more damage. They say life is a learning experience..........,guess so.

22. v8paul

v8paul
    from england

I was doing about 50 in my '32 pickup, a deer come through some trees down a steep bank across from the other side of the road straight in to my path, when it realised it wasn’t going to get past the front of me, it put its head down to head butt me out the way. His head bounced off the front fender then went into the grill, and his body also squashed the passenger front fender, which soon stopped as it made contact with the wheel, and flung it away. The deer ended up wriggling around in the middle of the road. It didn’t look too well, busted legs it seemed, they were all over the place, more like a nest of snakes !. I had no sympathy for it, we have loads of the damn things running around and carried on up the road to a safe place to stop.

When i looked at the front of my truck i couldn’t believe the lack of damage, i expected to see the grill and radiator flattened in to the fan. I only noticed a damaged fender until i got home and spotted the grill too was damaged.

[​IMG]

Another time...
    Thought i'd be clever and fit seat belts to my truck ready for the drags.

I was trying to pull out of a concealed driveway and couldn't see too well to my right, so i slipped off the belt for moment to get a better view. Usually in the time it takes to take my foot off the brake and on the gas a car can be flying around the corner, so once i was happy to go, i nailed it...

Pulled out into the road and went to straighten up... the steering had stuck solid i couldn't budge it, slammed on the brakes and drove over the kerb.

Oh *#%@, my seatbelt buckle had trapped itself in the steering wheel... doh !

Never did like the four bars anyway !!!

[​IMG]

23. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

The Rattle snake or the 250 lb dead guy:D

24. My daughter's tri-cycle.

25. rlsbee

rlsbee

Not a hot rod exactly but I had one of those six wheeled ATV's. It came with an 8HP B&S which didn't cut it. So I put a 36HP JLO snowmobile engine in it. Started it up in my in-laws garage, the throttle wasn't hooked up but it was wide open. I reached over the side and turned the key. The thing fired up, stood up on the the back wheels and stopped after moving the garage wall about three inches.

26. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Hit a deer and wiped out the right front fender of my 39 in the late 60,s. Also in the 60,s moved my brothers 40 so I could get out of the driveway and backed into his RR fender with my LR fender with the same 39.

27. hoop98

hoop98
    from Texas

My number 7 rod cap

28. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

My Arch Rival coming off turn 4 for the Checkered Flag.........We still don't like each other to this day....hehehehe

29. DrJ

DrJ

I had to hose what was left of a cat off my front axle once.

I have cats for pets, so that hurt...

30. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Nothing yet, but if my ex wife ever crosses the street when I'm near............ :)