Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof and Detroit Dragway Reunion 2013!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Choptop

Choptop

2. Choptop

Choptop

3. Choptop

Choptop

4. Choptop

Choptop

5. Choptop

Choptop

Register for the show an you get one pass down the track with your goodie bag and admission!!

6. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

If you got a hot rod, or rat rod or any rod.....this will be one not to miss
    Race it , show it and do it............you wont forgive yourself all summer long.
    Anyone wanna get a hamb area together ??? Cold drinks and pinup girls servin them with a bunch of racin goin on......heven on earth

7. Choptop

Choptop

Just confirmed that The Slot Rods will be laying down the tunes at Billetproof/Detroit Dragway Reunion...

[​IMG]

8. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

You forgot ME!

9. Choptop

Choptop

aaaaaaaand.... the immensely huge intergalactic legend Straight Axle Steve!!! ;);)

10. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Legend in MY own mind! You going to have that New Baby there? See ya Soon.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm so looking forward to this event as it's been a long, drawn out winter here in Michigan.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  12. Choptop

Choptop

Lola will be coming along... although she may stay back at the hotel with grandma and not come out to the track. We'll see.

13. gas pumper

gas pumper

I'll be there, too.
    With the Total Insanity blown alcohol FC from NJ.
    We're not old enough for Billetproof but every body likes smoke and noise and back-up girls right?

One of my favorite tracks.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You CAN'T do that to us. She needs to come at least for alittle while to say hello. OR maybe a little Meet & Greet dinner at Sidetrack on Thursday or Friday??

AWESOME! Will be great to see you again and catch up.

15. cooljunk

cooljunk

Will be there with the Great Lakes Gassers. We will have our season opener Gasser Shootout this Sunday (29th.)

16. Choptop

Choptop

Here is a picture from Detroit DragWay on its first day open.. the Buntline Special and Dudley Proctor. Al Turners dragster in the background

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  17. Choptop

Choptop

This is the car that Al Turner won Top Eliminator at Detroit Dragway in 1959. The car was driven by Billy Robins as seen in the photo, with Al Turner standing on the right side. The engine in the car was a 283 Chevy with a 471 GMC blower and 6 Strongberg 97 carburetors on top. They had a top time of 9.54 seconds at 146 MPH. Al said it was a real big thing to win the first ever event beating Setto Pestone in the final run. Connie Kalitta went home early that day with engine problems.

We talked to Al Turner on the phone and hope he can make it to the Detroit Dragway Reunion/Billetproof on May 11th.

[​IMG]

18. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Just a heads up, if you want to run with the Great Lakes Gassers goto www.greatlakesgassers.com and check out the rules section and if your car fits contact Tim or Jon via e-mail that is on the web site or you can contact me via private message here on the HAMB. We will be turning in the gate list to Milan no later then Thursday May 9th and we cannot add you to that list at the gate the day of the race. So come on out and see 2 great shows in one place, Billetproof and Detroit Dragway Reunion

Jon

19. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

WARNING ! ROAD CONSTRUCTION RT23 NORTHBOUND ... about 10 miles , sterns rd, to 223,, 1 lane slow moving at best . give yourself some extra time. hey but at least Mich. is trying to fix 1 of there roads , too bad they dont keep on right to the track.. It will be a great day anyway !!!

20. Choptop

Choptop

Pre-registration is now closed...

but here is the good news... we've extended the pre-reg price to the day of the show, $20 gets you, your ride and a passenger into the show. You get a goodie bag, one pass down the track and The Slot Rods playing all day... and the ONLY grandstand seats that have shade are all yours (worth the price of admission right there!).

$20 Billetproof show entry, thats the SAME price as you and your passenger parking in the spectator lot, but you get lots more fun. Pit passes are $5.

21. Choptop

Choptop

another picture of the Buntline Special and Al Turner's dragster. From the first day of operation at Detroit DragWay.

[​IMG]

22. fordcpe

fordcpe

What time are the gates going to open for the Billetproof show for cars to enter.It looks like Billetproof in the front section.Drag racers in the pits and pits open at 9am. So what time does front section open.I will bring some Canadian friends with cars. Thanks Darrell

23. Will the cars and Billetproof section be on the spectator side?

24. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Good question.......
    If all this goes down in the pits, well its going to be out of control.

25. fordcpe

fordcpe

If you look at the Drag racing poster it says $5.00 to look at the Billetproof show.The Bulletproof poster say $5.00 extra for a pit pass.I'm not bitchen about the $5.00 just makes it look like the two shows are separated.

26. Choptop

Choptop

yes it will be on the west side.

27. Choptop

Choptop

yes they are separated... Billetproof on the west, pits on the east. Spectators can enter on either side and there is a $5 pass to cross over... or the other way to look at it is there is a $15 spectator fee for the car show/bands/swap/drags... not too bad. $20 gets your Billetproof ride, driver and passenger into the show, goodie bag and you get a pass down the strip.

gates for both show and race open at 9am.

28. fordcpe

fordcpe

I think it a great deal just wanted to know what time to be there.9 am I'll be there.Darrell

29. Choptop

Choptop

awesome... sorry for the confusion... its the way they've run shows and races there in the past so we just adopted the same model... there might be a way to simplify it in the future.

30. Well boys, I'm out this year. Family commitments. Bummed as I was really looking forward to the new venue and the drag racing.

Thankfully, Jo Kerr is planning on driving up from Indy in the Chemical City Coupe. Just because I can't be there doesn't mean my car can't be. :D