Register now to get rid of these ads!

A 62 ford fallowed me home today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, May 4, 2013.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I picked this up cheap today. Nice solid truck. No motor no trans... Came with a Tennessee title that was signed off on but not notarized... Any ideas how to overcome this? The original owner is no where to be found... I really need some help with This one.. Anyways here are some pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

So I got it to my house today. Started cleaning it up. I want to put a 302 with a c6, lokar shifter, dual flow masters and a nice lopey cam.. My wife told me today the truck is spoken for, she claims it. That's good news for me cause finally I can make it what she wants. So wet were gonna make it a driver. Nothing too fancy . She wants to be able to drive it to work and still be a hot rod. So ill be tinkering with it when I need some time off from my other projects.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MP&C

MP&C

Per the grille, it looks to be a 64. Are you sure the title matches the truck, or perhaps the grille has been changed..

Nice solid truck.

4. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I have the original grill In the bed, it has been changed. Yes the title matches the vin and the build sheets

5. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Nice truck. Some states do not require a notary on a title transfer. Google Tennessee to see if they do or not.
    Enjoy the ride.

6. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)could be a nice truck , good luck:cool::D

7. supercab78

supercab78

I'd get the title squared away before I went any father. Which one gets gone first, the truck or the A?

8. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Give it to me...I'm a notary.....you don't need a old nasty truck.....LOL.....

9. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I haven't touched it other than slapping the front clip on it. And ill just do a reconstructed title if I have to. No biggy ..

10. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I have the gentlemans name and address. I will not post it on here but if anyone in tennessee is Nice enough to help me out, p.m me

11. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Many a time a title is wrong because when it was registered the DMV took the owner's word. That cab is 1964, so is the grille. The bed could be 64-65 or 66 but going by the rest of the truck I would say 1964.

1961-63 cabs have a slightly lower flatter roof. In 1964 the height of the roof was raised and a body line is evident about a inch so above the door drip rail on the roof. Yours has that line. Its a 1964 cab. The 1965-66s had twin I beams and the cabs were redesigned. So that cab was only made one year 1964, the last year for the straight front axle.

From 61 to 63 Ford produced 3 types of F-100s the so called UNI with a one piece bed and cab, the flare side and the so called wrong bed in 63 possibly late 62 as worries and complaints over the "UNI" caused ford to use the older 58-60 styleside beds as they redesigned a new styleside bed which debut in 1964. Yours has that 64 style bed.

If the factory plate says 1962 it's been changed. If the build sheet is factory Ford it's not from that truck or at least that cab.

It is possible to mount a 64 cab on a 62 chassis. Most likely though you have a 64 model truck and it was titled wrong through the DMV. The easiest solution IMHO tag and title it as a 1962.

12. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Up here you get the truck appraised and bonded Then go to DMV and file for title if no one claims in 5 years its yours but you can register and drive that day for a price.

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I bought a galaxie from Tenn a few years ago and the title did not require to be notorized.

14. 62rebel

62rebel

i love that body style Ford pickup. i had a '65 longbed and a '64 stepside. both were tanks.

15. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

Might be against the law SOMEWHERE to have a garage that clean !!!!!

16. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I spent 8 hours throwing shit out so they both would fit with two Harley's in there also!! Ha .

17. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I picked up a 90' 5.0 HO motor and auto trans today. I'm going to make this truck fuel injected . That way the wife can drive it easily. It will be a nice driver that way. It has 354 gears so interstate shouldn't be a problem at all. Ill throw a nice cam in it for the sound. Can't wait to start diving into it

18. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Don't matter what year that is..what it is, is Cool !!
    Good luck.
    Cheers........

19. castirondude

castirondude

Nice truck, I'm looking forward to your build!

I wouldn't mess with the cam unless you're setup to reprogram the computer. They are easily thrown out of calibration by cam changes.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

20. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Luckily from what I seen when when I bought the donor car , the motor is a late 89' and is a speed sensor car instead of mass airflow. In that case I'm good, I have done that several times in my fox body mustangs

21. It was my understanding that '88 California cars (Mustangs) and all '89+ were mass air. I built a 91 2.3 engine burn cvt into a 5.0 using an '88 Cali donor car...it was mass air.

Mass air is generally accepted as easier to modify unless going nuts with head changes/radical cams...at least in my experience

22. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I just bought a 1990 ltd ford wagon with a 5.0 non mass air... This is my donor car

23. castirondude

castirondude

The 5.0 has a TON of aftermarket support, anything can be made to work, it just gets more involved.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

24. You said HO earlier, so I assumed it was a Mustang or (unlikely these days) LSC Lincoln...wagon would not be an HO...and neither Lincoln or wagon would be mass air, so you are right

Anyway, sounds like a cool project

25. 53 effie

53 effie

I would agree with you on this truck. I don't think it's a 1962 either.. A '62 would have been a unibody truck!

26. aircoup

aircoup

haha my wife claimed my unibody also oh well we gotta keep em happy so we can enjoy our hobby right ?

27. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

Keep the updates coming

28. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Been a while, been working on my model a trying to get it finished up first. I did finally get the motor and trans pulled from the donor car.. What a cluster f@$#... It was a typical rusty pennsylvania car . I was also sitting here admiring the model a and was sick of how crappy the truck looked. . A quick tape and scuff job, out come the hotrod flat black... Much better . Even just for now. I'm thinking of slamming it down, moon covers and some loud stainless pipes. .. I also have all four wheels like what is on the back. Not sure what to do. I am installing a full manual valve body in the trans with a real heavy shift kit. It will be a tire burner in every gear with a heavy foot. The flat black gave me a little motivation. The best thing is I can throw a monster cam in the motor and no computer reprograms . I love older 5.0 stuff. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370824189.144466.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370824234.186578.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370824271.275773.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I done a motor change in a 84 crown vic by myself and know what a pain it was,I have a 89 for a winter beater and thought the trans was acting up and was going to pull the motor and scrap the rest since its also a pain to change the trans as its tight in there. If you are not going to use the EFi I could use some injectors for my 89 beater since I am fighting one that is dirty.

30. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

As of right now i will be using all the efi since i have the stand alone fuel harness with computer. If it all works ok I will be good. If not ill be throwing a carb and intake on there and the efi is all yours

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!