Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMBIGRAM in BETA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 3, 2013.

1. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Cool. And I'm @churchequipped if anyone wants to follow.

2. texastramp

texastramp

Okay ........... I get a tweet telling me to go to Jalopy Journal to look at the Hambigram page........ i thought well this was a cool idea so I signed up to Instagram and tried it but the first thing they ask is do you want to connect to facebook and then there are the hash tags ... twitter .. facebook .... instagram ..oh hell, that's just too much bullshit ....... But then that's just me I guess. ..... Fuck it, I'm goin to the shop!!!

3. rld14

rld14

Fellas,

DO NOT sign into Instagram via Facebook UNLESS you want every Instagram pic that you post or "like" to show up on your Facebook news feed.

I have a separate login/account for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

I also have a Facebook account, the key with Facebook is to set your privacy settings correctly and don't "friend" people that you don't want to. For all intents and purposes I am only friends with people on Facebook that I've met in real life, mostly people I grew up with or am actual friends with.

That being said I am going to go work on the Lincoln to make up for oversleeping and missing Rhinebeck.

4. Boosted54

Boosted54

Ryan,
    Thanks for brining instagram to the HAMB. Ive been posting my entire build on my instagram.
    www.boosted54.com
    instagram @boosted54

5. Slickster

Slickster

Very cool. I like Instagram so I dont have to listen to people whine but I get to look at some cool pictures.

My IG acct http://instagram.com/scottyrdfl

6. nexxussian

nexxussian

That's soooo cool!

I'm with several though, I have had nothing to do with EEF (Evil Empire [that is] Facebook), so I have no knowledge of how it works. :(

Do you have to "join" Instagram to participate?

7. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

So Instagram is only for cell phones?

8. rld14

rld14

Nope.

http://www.instagram.com

Most people seem to use it on their phones as that's what most people are using for pics these days..

9. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

No way to register there.

10. Westco48

Westco48

IG rules, pics only no bs...gotta go back and tag #hamb on some of my pics.

11. Been digging the IG for a short while now. The #HAMB feed is neato, thanks!

Follow me @elpolacko

12. Roothawg

Roothawg

OK, so I am technically retarded...

Is Instagram a bunch of random pics from different people or do you subscribe? I am pretty much behind the times.....

13. Slickster

Slickster

Found ya. Sweet goggles haha.

14. I don't like or use [​IMG] HRP

15. striper

striper

So can you add pics via computer? I can't find a button to select pics from my PC like you can from a phone.

Pete
    @petespicer

16. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Ryan - thanks for putting this together. I, like you, am in the same boat for Facebook. I really only keep it to host photos for threads here, but have been burned in the past when they change the URLs on me.

I've been following Cody Walls wagon build on Instagram. It's a cool tool for stuff like that.

17. I am also one of the curious but somewhat ignorant old farts on here. I don't have a smart phone, only this desktop computer. So how do you sign up to play? If you go to their website it asks you to sign in but I don't have an account.
    Can anyone on here go through the basics for people who have no clue at all? I just heard of this and know nothing at all about it other than what I read on this thread.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  18. gbrown

gbrown

I actually tagged some photos just the other day #hamb. This is great.

Follow me @qbrown01

19. otas

otas

I feel your pain about Facebook. Who cares about most of that crap!!! Looking at pics of old cars I cn dig. Rock on.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

ok, so what's the "user" name we can follow

21. daddio211

daddio211

This is just a "feed". In other words, any photo hashtagged #HAMB by any IG user shows up on the feed set up by Ryan. Just like doing the search function within IG for #HAMB photos show up newest to oldest.

I'm daddio211 if anyone wants to follow.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

22. Dave50

Dave50

IG is Great

Dave32ford

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  23. D Staig

D Staig

I joined instagram a few weeks ago on our roadtrip to Austin, purely from peer group pressure from Lucky, Piero and Des. I fucking live Instagram!

Hambigram is cool...i'd like to be able to identify who's posting what though??

24. D Staig

D Staig

Oh wait i get it, you just hit the #hamb on your instagram pic and you can find the pics other people are posting.

25. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I think if you click on the photo it should show you who posted it.I have the same name as here .I figure most guys may have the same as their Hamb name but who knows..

26. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

bingo :d

27. josh highley

josh highley

Good Idea. It's a great way to skim thru picture after picture of really cool shit, without all the bs around it!

28. n847

n847

I think this is a cool idea! It took me a while to find people to follow on IG, but now its cool! Most people I follow are all call related...so there's not too much BS to sift through. I'm also just now starting to figure out how and why to use a #.

29. I noticed someone posted the photo of my 32 grille earlier. I once used it as my avatar. I guess you can post stuff from places other than your smart phone?

30. metalix_421

metalix_421

good idea, I post alot of rusty shit on ig.