Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official Vintage Torque Fest Thread May 3-4, 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Jun 14, 2012.

1. A couple cell phone pics from Sat untill I figure out how to get pics off the new Nikon.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

2. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

Had a great time at the show. Glad I got to meet a few fellow hambers. Thanks to John for putting on a great show.

3. I made it Saturday. The Merc performed flawlessly. Every time I think about selling her, all I need is a good road trip, and Dubuque/TorqueFest was perfect.

Had a great time, as always. The fun/value quotient was higher than ever! Kudos to the volunteers and organizers who made it happen.

Walt

4. Whitetrash31

Whitetrash31
    from Illinois

Thanks to everyone that stopped by the Kustom Image Upholstery booth. And all the comments on jeffs yellow model A coupe that was inside..!!! A big thanks goes out to steve for putting out a price of $1800 that was the winning bid on my donation to the auction...!!!!!

5. von zipper

von zipper

Thanks John for a great show! Time to head back east! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367763945.962494.jpg

6. iarodder

iarodder

:eek: What a d#ck I brought my car up for the show had a great time despite the weather and its for a great cause. We will be back next year for sure and made great new friends and memories. I have to say I think it was well worth the trip.:rolleyes:

7. iarodder

iarodder

A huge thanks to the whole Hamb fam. It was a blast to meet new people and a huge thanks to John for having this show and inviting us we will be back for sure.

8. tucknroll

tucknroll
    from iowa

a few more sat pics. imho best show yet. the grounds are perfect. plenty of room. lots of venders. and events. thanks jon

Attached Files:

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I was fortunate to make friends with iarodder and Verno30. I also had the misfortune of visiting with Hotrodeo...just kidding Ed

10. rustang

rustang

We were only able to do the day on Saturday....but drove down 4 hrs from Northern WI, had a great day, talked to alot of people, got the tailgate lettered for my '38 by one of the vendors (stoked on this), and had a good time listening to the bands......all in all a great day....

Too bad about the rain keeping the cars off the track, this was a highlight last year... :)
    Tom

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  11. You are correct Bob and was very unfortunate to run into you but I see evolution is working and you're walking up right now congratulations
    See you soon pal
    here Are some random pictures taken on Saturday what a beautiful day it turned out to be unfortunately for that kid from Kansas City who worked on his minibike all year and swore he was going to beat me I'm sorry you were disappointed maybe you could try again next year

Attached Files:

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hey Hotrodeo...is somebody riding with you? Of course it is illegal to drive and text, but it also seems improbable that you would have the talent to do both at the same time.

13. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

A couple the ole lady took from her phone, we have more on the digital camera just haven't loaded them into the puter yet.

We trailed behind this sweet ranch wagon and an 50's chevy truck for several miles.

We stopped at The ole "Crapper Barrell" in Rockford on the way home and I proved to the Mrs. that I am a "Genius" by leaving 1 peg in this game, lol.

Attached Files:

14. von zipper

von zipper

Convoy stop on our way back! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367771218.654244.jpg

15. von zipper

von zipper

Few more from the road. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367771274.685288.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367771291.884932.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367771344.112587.jpg

16. You are correct bob texting while driving is illegal lucky for me I have cruise control when I'm texting !
    Sadly all it ever says is
    booooob commeee bacckkkkk!

Attached Files:

17. First time participant had a great time. Thanks go out to all who put in the effort to make it all happenn.

18. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks everyone for taking us along to the show thru your photos and reports. Looks like a great show for the money. Even here in NW Florida it rained and was chilly for two days. So you didn't have it bad.

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hey Hotrodeo, why don't you have the skeleton drive for you? or text for you?

20. Hey Ed, It was great to meet and talk to you, I dig your car and mini bike.

21. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Yeah we got drenched on Friday but still had a blast. Saturday was about perfect weather.

The cars were great, the bands were alot of fun, decent swap, awesome tacos but mostly great people! Oh yeah, I'd never seen minibike races that had a band at turn 2:D.

A big thanks to all who helped put on this great show.

Heres a few photos.

Attached Files:

22. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Just got home, what a beautiful day for a drive.

See my new post about my lost camera.

B:)B

23. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

[​IMG]
    Wow....i dont know what to say,lmao!

24. Sorry about your camera bob,
    Johnny it was cool meeting you too .
    I will say John wells and his whole family are the nicest folks and to actually show us his charity is for the people who need it that brought tears to my eyes !
    Great people!
    Even though we didn't get to race on the track we worked around the mud and had the racing on the back side of the parking lot which was good for me.
    And yes that was the first time at a minibike race we had our own band and they rocked!
    Thanks john!
    I got to defend my title and keep it and there are at least 5 guys who wanted it ,sadly they will have to wait til next year !
    Hopefully next year we will have it more organized and I will make a trophy too.
    So with 7 hours of driving left and me rambling I'm out
    John wells your the man!

25. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

We made it home safe and sound, helped my son unload the mini bikes in his shop. Nice meeting you again hotroded. John put on a great show despite the weather, Thanks John.....

26. Big Tom

Big Tom

Had a great time. I'm just glad Ed didn't show us his feet.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  27. tucknroll

tucknroll
    from iowa

a few more pics

Attached Files:

28. You to lo buc
    Mark has the scary feet tom

29. tucknroll

tucknroll
    from iowa