Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radir Wheels - Anyone Home?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paco, May 1, 2013.

1. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I tried all day to contact Radir Wheels to purchase some pie crust cheater slicks but from 9:00 ish up till 5:00 p.m.ish no one answered the phone. I even left a message to call me back ... nothing.

Any insight??? They still working??

PACO

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Maybe they were Tired of working.:D Sorry, couldnt help it.

3. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Business must be booming - that's what I figured.

Any dealers out here?

4. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

If they can't answer the phone or return calls, it might be better to buy somewhere else.

5. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

You might be correct except they are the only people that offer the cheater pie crust in a 26" version so ....

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you calling 866-334-3470 or did you by chance get one of the numbers wrong. I could see them not being back from a major show on Monday morning but there should be someone around to answer the phone and check emails.

7. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I called last month to order some, and was told it would be a two month wait.....

8. couverkid

couverkid

Paco, call hurst tire.

9. Jokester

Jokester

Saw a friend's car this weekend that had new radirs on it. Ho had nothing good to say about them (the company). took him months and months and months to get 4 wheels and tires. Threats of canceling the credit card had absolutely no effect on them.

Just saying.

10. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

probably have to go this route paco.

Last summer when I was wanting cheater slicks for the dragster I called several times, finally got a hold of someone and was told the 30x10s were on backorder two months. 2 months later I called and they were still on backorder so I cancelled and ended up with "normal" slicks.

Hurst, on the other hand, answered right away and told me pie crusts would be too sketchy for what I want to do :D

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hurst offers a bunch of different sizes and are a super quality deal all the way around. I have a small fleet of customer cars running around Phoenix and being raced and driven in all sorts of weather with no ill effects in any way shape or form. And, if the heat here can't kill a tire, I don't know what will!

12. choptvan

choptvan

I would shoot myself in the foot before I used those guys. Cory is a damn snob. Was to me anyway. And others. Do a search. Try Towel City. I think that's the name...

13. There's a few times I've called and no one answered, turns out they were out of the shop on other business. Got a return call the next day.

14. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I gave in to the dreaded Firestone mud/snow, I mean cheater slicks just because I didn't want a recap. They seem to be good, and they balanced ok. Just leave a little to be desired in the looks category.
    [​IMG]

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Might try calling by his proper name - Cody. Seriously though, you must have caught him on a bad day or something, 'cause he and his dad are some of the nicest people I have met in this industry.

16. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Thanks for all the info. Hopefully good news tomorrow. Vintage drags here in Atlanta on the 11th. I'd rather have those on then the Hoosiers that are on there now.

We shall see ...

17. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Radir is one tough nut to crack. For eight (yes,eight) month's, I was told they would have the tires "ready to ship in two weeks"...... Finally got the guy who answered the telephone to stop bullshitting me, and give it to me straight... I've moved on.......

18. Had these cheaters on my T-Bucket... quick delivery and great price. I put about 3500 miles on mine with no issues. If memory serves me correct, they were about 1/2 the cost of all the others on the market at the time (maybe 4 or so years ago)

19. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Wow....I had no problem with Radir Wheels. They told me the slicks where on back order and if I wanted to pre pay they would contact me when they came in. Radir did just that - 820x15 slicks with no problems - GREAT product!

Attached Files:

20. chop32

chop32

If interested in buying from someone else do a HAMB search for Towel City Slicks...there are links to other threads regarding their tires and Hurst's.
    The guy from Hurst got pretty snippy in some of his posts, but you'll have to make your own decision.
    Personally, Ill probably order from Towel City for just that reason.

21. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Again thanks all for the info & suggestions.

PACO

22. the deal with the radir slicks is this. when m/t stopped making the slicks with radir the molds were in penn. they needed to be shipped back to calif. then back to penn. due to some legal issues. there were delays to radir getting the molds back. thats why the slicks dried up. i have had no problems what so ever with radir products. the slicks they make are top notch. i have run over 170 mph on them. they last a long time to. the products we on the hamb are looking for are made in small batches and we should be grateful someone like radir has stepped up to the plate to make them. rich has a big investment into his company and it only got bigger by buying the molds. now he will have the ability to keep inventory on hand. its not like the guy only made a few tires. the tires were selling faster than they could be made with m/t. rich is a good guy and a true car guy.

23. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

racer-x I dig what your saying EXCEPT a business selling product, any product, should be answering the phone to take those orders that generates money to stay in business.

I tried again today to reach anyone at the two number (1 toll free for orders) and have YET TO REACH THEM to discuss buying something from them. They happen to be the only one with a 26" tall pie crust that isn't soooo expensive.

I just want to see if they have them ... not answering the phone has to be a reason people won't buy from them & I question the time they will continue at this pace.

"Rich is a good guy and a true car guy" but he is not a phone answering guy.

NOTE: I also left my name & number for a call back & haven't gotten one yet.

I'll let everyone know how day 3 goes later.

PACO

24. Unacceptable, with my small startup I am accessible 24/7. If I don't hear the phone ring I will see it within minutes. Call me or Email me after 10ish MTN time and I will get back to you by 9 the following morning. The smartphone allows me to take emails anywhere. I was snowed in 3 weeks ago and got back to a nice customer within an hour or so after getting stuck in my driveway and having to blow snow!

25. i talked to rich today about some lug nuts he said he was at carlisle all weekend. not only does he run radir but runs a custom shop. over the last few months several cars have been featured in the mags. the green willys in hot rod is one and the 63 bubble top ply in car craft is another. im not making exuses for him i just know he is a busy guy. i will call him tomorrow and ask about the tires you want. i will get a answer for you. they also have 32 inch tall 12 inch wide slicks. these are a newer item they make. i run these on my car.

26. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Glad to hear that you had a good experiance with them. I was trying to order a different size tire, that may have had an impact on what they were telling me. Regardless, you received good service from them, and that is nice to hear.

27. I wish M&H would start reproducing their hard wall pie crust slicks. Sorry, just a random thought that probably has no business being on this thread........:rolleyes::)

28. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Carlisle was last week, wasn't it ?

29. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

30. ^^^^^They (Firestones) look too much like a snow tire to me. ^^^^^