Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grundy Insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Apr 13, 2012.

1. At Spring Carlisle the Grundy booth was an aisle over. Since I wanted to insure a couple projects I have going ai went over to talk with them. Seems Grundy and Philadelphia have parted ways and Grundy is now in business separately from Philly.

Anyone know anything further about this and, if possible, can a Grundy rep weigh in on this?

I've read most of the posts regarding the good, the bad, the ugly, about Philly but I didn't pick up on this latest part I picked up @ Carlisle ....

Thanks ....

2. Weasel

Weasel

The website goes to Philadelphia Insurance - "Grundy Worldwide by Philadelphia Insurance". I had hear a while back that Jim Grundy was trying to get his company back from Philadelphia Insurance, so I too would appreciate the latest update as to the current and future position....

www.grundy.com

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Has anyone called them?

4. I did receive a flyer from them at the show but it's at home - sorry ....

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Can't believe no ones called to speak with someone, instead of trying websites and guessing. I called and spoke with a human. They are separated from Philly. It's taking longer than expected to get back to all GRUNDY. Other than that, Grundy is principal. NOT Philly.

All you have to do is CALL them.

6. FWIW, I just renewed my policy, had to make the check payable to Philadelphia Insurance.

7. I've had nothing but good experiences with Grundy, but I've not made a claim. However, this alarmed me because they could deny most Hot Rods because of this rationale...

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

When I first applied with them, I noted the modifications of my car. In fact, I believe it's required in the application to note that a vehicle is modified. Perhaps the person with that '32 (who is also suspected of lying to Grundy), didn't note the mods to the car. If that's the case, then it would make the policy invalid.

9. I'm still confused.

10. Good point. My policy isn't up until August, so I think I'll let it ride and give them a call in check in at the end of the summer.

11. cracker head

cracker head

I just got my renewal. I says Philadelphia.......

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Why? Have you called them? That should remove the confusion.

13. fleetside66

fleetside66

I just noticed that I didn't have my current insurance card for the hot rod...I must have thrown the new one away & kept the old one...another senior moment. Anywho, I called & got immediate satisfaction with a new one sent via E-mail in a PDF format (i.e. a copy of my current card). The title on the E-mail reads "Grundy Worldwide/ a Division of Philadelphia Insurance Companies." It goes on to say that "If you have any questions about your policy, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-888-6GRUNDY. / Thank you, Grundy Worldwide." The E-mail was from "[email protected]."

14. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Just renewed the 37 with Grundy. Check payable to Philly. Stu

16. Sorry this took so long ....

OK - just got off the phone with the folks I spoke with up at Spring Carlisle. She is an insurance broker who reps multiple companies, including this new Grundy company (keep reading), Haggerty, and others. There is no difference in price between working with this person or directly with the company.

Bottom line as I understand it, Grundy Worldwide is owned/operated by Philadephia Insurance Company and they have severed their relationship w/Mr Grundy by not renewing the contract they had previously after its 2 year tenure was up. Mr Grundy, now free to do as he likes, has now formed a new company called Classic Underwriters Collector Car Insurance with a new parent company (underwriter), US Liability & Insurance Company.

I have given the gal i spoke with @ Spring Carlisle this website as well as Fordbarn and asked if she would do an intro and then a posting, explaining/giving all the particulars of what is going on. Hopefully, after doing an intro, she will fully explain what is happening and this will happen soon.

As for me, I just got a reup for Grundy Worldwide and I've sent it off to her to see what differences, if any, there are between Grundy Worldwide/Philly and Classic Underwriters/US Liability. I will post anything major here.

Again, I apologize for the delay ....

17. lisapaul200

lisapaul200
    from PA

Just shopped for classic ins. Priced Hagerty, Barrett-Jackson, JC Taylor, and State Farm. State Farm blew them all away!! Less than half of all the rest. About $650/yr for 3 cars valued at $290,000.

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

So, let me get this straight. Although it is still called Grundy Insurance, Jim Grundy himself is out of the picture and has another differently named company ? That IS confusing because when we see Jim Grundy on My Classic Cars show he is saying he is Grundy Insurance.

Am I missing something here ?

Don

19. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Never heard anything still with what they call Grundy hope their are good been their 8 years Rog. Mn.

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I wonder if they could make a bigger mess out of this?

probably wont have to wait long to find out

21. .......Can everyone see why I'm confused?:confused: I mean I just saw Jim Grundy a couple of days ago on My Classic Cars (just like you said, Don) and he's pitching Grundy Ins.!

22. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Probably along the same lines as H.R Block.... Company continues and they retired.... I am sure Henry and Robert can do taxes or investments if they want though...

Did I help the mess factor?

23. papastoyss

papastoyss

When was the show taped? Last year maybe?

24. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

My Grundy renewal came in the mail today. The logo on top of the page says Grundy Worldwide a division of Philadelphia insurance companies. I don't understand why everybody is so worried. The mailing address is in Pa. If I have a problem I'll call the Grundy service rep. I'm not worried at all and I'm saving a lot of money that can be spent on car parts.

25. phat rat

phat rat

Yes State Farm is less. The coverage is less also. You have stated value not agreed value. if your agent tells you otherwise he/she's lying or is ignorant of what their selling you. I also find your claim of $650 yearly premium for $290,000 coverage hard to believe. I was paying almost $300 for $25,000 with 6 months driving and 6 months storage when I left them 8 years ago.

26. .......Maybe, Usually they are showing events from previous year.

27. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I just switched to Grundy because they are also covering my Daily Driver. The poicy states the agency name as: James A Grundy Agency Inc.. The name of issuing company is: Chartis Property Casualty Co.

28. ........So would this be the new company that Mr. Grundy has started? Does the old Grundy/Philadelphia Co. only have Grundy in the name (bought I assume as part of the sale) and no affiliation at all with Jim Grundy?:confused: