Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford two guys garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chubbie, Apr 27, 2013.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Started but couldn't finish watching this joke of a TV show.

2. redroaddog

redroaddog

had to shut it off when they showed the "new front end" just because you can doesn t mean you should:(

3. chubbie

chubbie

I saw the show this morning again, the car is a full fendered 32 5 window coupe. i saw them cut it up...then i shut it off.

4. sedanbob

sedanbob

I understand that sponsors (advertisers) are necessary, but that show is nothing but ads. They hardly ever show actual work being done - too busy telling you who provided this part or that kit. Used to be a good show - been a long time since.

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

The two hosts are there to sell product to people with big charge accounts who like to be looked at by the easily impressed...not to please us.
    I doubt they could if they tried.

Besides...Willie, in his wannabe stoner voice, said the cars old suspension was leaning to one side.
    Case closed.

I think thats what bothers me the most about what they're doing to the Deuce.
    They dismiss the original stuff as basicly garbage...not fit to repair...so indirectly they infer that anything with a solid axle etc is also garbage.

For me...that crosses a line, because the easily impressed are just as easily led...and that could mean eventual problems for us if the wrong people start to believe this drivel.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the part I like best about these cable TV shit shows with old cars you guys complain about is you have to PAY for the privilege of watching them. I don't have cable, so I never see any of this shit.

7. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

LoL...good point...but still the few of us that know the difference and choose not to watch, are plowed completely under by the legions of "fans" who do watch, believe every word and then preach it to their friends as gospel!

8. pumpman

pumpman

Never watched it but glad I read this thread. Saved me time and emotion.

9. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

They claim independent will ride better. Ha Ha. Should leave it alone. Another bad show Gearz with Stacey David. Most TV shows with cars suck.

Ago

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Actually, it probably will ride better. It's obviously geared to the "street rodder" crowd. Plus, it's TV, so what would anyone expect?

11. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

If it gives any perspective, that Wille B douchebag has a morning show on, what was, the only hard rock radio station in Denver. Became the manager from what I understand. Ruined the station too, IMHO..

I'm glad I stoped watching TV years ago....

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

13. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

A guy came into our shop a while ago and told me he had recently purchase a flathead powered '32. He wanted to know all the parts he needed to make it drive like a new car and everything he needed to make the engine so he would never have to tinker with it ... I told him there is a dealership down the street that sells new Hondas. True story.

14. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

All of these shows are 1/2 hour commercials for the product they are installing. They all talk about how much horsepower a different air cleaner or exhaust system will provide while also increasing mileage.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sweet.