Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Fords ' only ' run to Blowing Rock NC ... info ... and a INVITE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, May 20, 2006.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

May the 27th ... Saturday

This is a invite to ALL 1932 Ford owners ... to join us on our somewhat annual 32 Ford run to Blowing Rock NC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We meet up just above Charlotte NC @ 10 o'clock ... off Interstate 77 and drive up to Blowing Rock NC via the Blue Ridge Parkway. We usually have 35 to 40 Deuces. Fiberglas or steel - - Ohv or Flatmotor - - Highboy or fendered ... it does not matter ... if it is a 32 Ford ... you are ... WELCOME ...

We all eat ( Around 1 o'clock or so ) at a resturant in Blowing Rock and then go your own way. Some spent the night ( lots of tourist motels ) and some go back home. A few go to Cherokee NC to gamble or Gatlinburg ...

If interested PM me ...
    Hotrodprimer, Rusty Streamliner ( Marshall ... from Johnny Paycheck fame ) 3 Deuces , 32 Viper and a few other folks from here usually go ... :)

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...I'd love to be there Randy, but I don't think everyone there would want to wait on me while I push her along...:rolleyes: thanks for the invite...:D

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

You would fit right in ...
    Just a bunch of Deuce folks getting the 32's out and going for a ride thru the mountains ...

What good are they if you do not drive them ? ? :)

4. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Blowing Rock?......Is this in the same country i live in:D

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

It is actually a well known tourist resort town ... at 4000 feet, on the Contininental Divide ...

Go here for a little more information ...

http://www.blowingrock.org/therock.html

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Ford made glass cars in '32?:eek:
    HaHaHaHa!!!

Josh

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

We are PC ...
    Politically Correct ... :)

No agendas ... No attitudes ... No Problems ...
    Just a bunch of folks out having fun with their cars ...
    :D

8. looks like a blast -maybe next year :D

9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Wish I could make it, hope to do it next year ! Will she be at the same time ? to mark the calander?:D

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

If I had the time and a bit more money I bet my Vicky project could fit in the back seat of a rental car, and enjoy the tour.:rolleyes: This tour sounds like a great event for the 75th, have fun, and post photos.:D

11. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Let us know by how much the 'glass ones outnumber the steel ones by. :rolleyes:

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

This is number 5 in 6 years ... always on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. We skipped last year. My Father had died, another one of us three who put this together has some business he had to attend too .. So we took the year off ...:) . You are WELCOME ... to come and join us ...

Usually it is more steel cars than not ... Lots of sedans and coupes ... there are about 6 or 8 steel 5 Windows in the group, 4 or 5 steel 3 Windows and 3 or 4 steel Roadsters .

A lot of the partcipants are in the same club I am in ... " All Deuces " ... and most are long time, hard core 32 Ford folks ... and the 12 of us in the " All Deuces " have over 20 Steel Deuces between us ... and a few fiberglass ones too ...

3 Deuces has 3 steel ones
    HRP has 2 steel ... 1 Fiberglass
    32 Viper has 2 steel ones
    Rusty Streamliner has 2 steel ones ( of Johnny Paycheck fame :) )
    I have 2 steel ones

That's just the HAMBers ... :)

13. Hope you take pictures!

14. luckystiff

luckystiff

i was just up in boone and blowing rock yesterday. beautiful place and only about 40miles for me. if any of your group are gonna cut down 321 coming back tell them to be careful. the road just outside of blowing rock is a mess. they are more involved with the road work up there and there are large chunks of rock all over the place. really nice area. if you guys who do that run have never been you should take some time to drive over to Hot Springs,nc sometime to. much more private and secluded. and if you wanna stay the night theres some nice cabins all over up there. we've found a REALLY good one and try to do a weekend up there 3-4 times a year. i love this part of the state. moving here is whta stopped me from moving out west long ago...ken....

15. 2-TONED

2-TONED

KOOOOOL! Deuces Galore!
    maybe i should come & LEAD the way in a 34 3 window how would that be?!!
    or id start at the back & pass y'all! :eek: :D :p

16. ha, ha...

32's only...i bet lots of 'chainer' rides show up for this event. :)

17. 2-TONED

2-TONED

we'll be waiting for a BiG post FULL of 1932 fords ONLY pics so make sure your batteries are charged! :D

oh hey whens the 'model 40' cruise then? 33-34s ford only.

18. This is a sight,,,,and yeah,,,,If the weather gods are good there will be a few really nice cars,,,but there won't be a trailer in sight,,,This is a drivin' event!

As for GLASS cars,,,a good bet is my 32 tupperware roadster will be present,,,and a few others with repop bodys.

If some of the guys that go on the run dislike the glass cars,,,they keep it to themselves,,,,I haven't heard anything but praise about all the cars that show up.

The run is put on by the ALL DEUCES club,,,,,thats why it is for 32's only,,,,I wouldn't expected to get an invite to a Model A only run,,,,

Deuce and the other guys put a lotta time and effort into making this run fun and invites everyone that owns a 32 Ford,,,real or immitation,,,,

What I have a hard time with is trying to understand all the negitive crap I have read,,,,the guys that bitch the most DON'T own a 32 FORD!:mad:

Anyway,,,if you gotta chance to go,,,,I can assure you it's worth your time!HRP

19. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

This would be something very cool to see...all them Deuces rumbling by!!:cool:

Please take lots of pictures for the rest of us...glass cars, steel cars, hot rods, street rods, restos, survivors...fuck the haters, show 'em all off!!

:)

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

That's the fun of it ... driving them...
    Anyone who knows HRP and I know we DRIVE our stuff a LOT ...
    There is no ATTITUDE except the love of getting them out and driving thru the mountains ...

The All Deuces club ... started out as a bunch of hot rodders who went out together and ate every few weeks. We just ... all ... happened to have 32 Fords. Some smart mouth called us the " All Deuces club " and it stuck.

Some of us were going together to the mountains ... and having fun. Others wanted to join in the fun and said ... I have a 32 Ford ... can I join you guys ?? So we said yes ... and then ... we kind of got organized ... a starting point and a time to meet and leave from ... and it became " The All Deuces Run to Blowing Rock "

Almost all of us have or love other kinds of old cars too. Mercurys, 40 Fords ... 56 F-100's and the like. One even has 2 Ferraris ... :p

21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...well, I can sit in it out in the shop and make engine noises...does that count?:D

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

C'mon Larry, finish that damn thing already. ;) :D Did you get my pm? I know the Busby coupe photos are making you ancy...

23. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Ha Ha...yeah, Larry...sooner or later all them hotties you pay to pose with your ride are gonna figure out that it doesn't run and then they'll be hanging all over someone's IROC or something!!

Now THAT oughtta motivate ya!!!:p :D

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...in due time she'll be done.Got your PM. I was gonna take some kinda inventory and shoot some pics of all the aircraft parts and let you see what you needed...I gotta lotta shit...

25. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Rev, Rev , Rev ....
    You know you want to have it finished ...

If just looking at it gives you a RUSH ... just try to think what a rush ...
    Driving it ... would be ...

I know you are having to regroup ... $$$ after the big push ... and that you are selling some nice toys on eBay ...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4642770221

Hang it there ... it took me almost 10 years to get the Roadster done ...
    You will make it ... :) and I for one ... am looking forward to seeing it in person ... Maybe we will have a Black 32 3W coupe tour ... yours and mine ... :D ... If I get mine done in time ... I am having to slow down too ... $$$

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...thanks to all and you, Randy, for the inspiration. The coupe will live, I promise. (and, yes, it has a lot to do with $$$). I wouldn't mind an 1100 mile trip in the coupe to attend your get-together...:)

27. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

This is a BTTT ...

Had a few PM's , phone calls and a email or two ...
    Should be a good turnout ...

28. batts1932

batts1932

what the date for this year i cant find it

went last year really enjoyed it

also email addy for event chairman

thanks batts daytona

29. The Deuce run is scheduled for 6-1-2013 this year. HRP

ALL DEUCES RUN 2013 ... June 1, 2013

Proud to announce that the " ALL DEUCES RUN " to Blowing Rock NC will be held again this year and the date is June the 1 , 2013.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus