Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford two guys garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chubbie, Apr 27, 2013.

1. chubbie

chubbie

I was flipping through the TV this morning a caught the last of the Two guys garage show. they had what looked like a barn find duece coupe built in the '60s. they cut the 4" drop axle and split bones off and put a fat man front end under it. Looked like they maybe were going to "streetrod" it with power windows ect.:mad:

2. Yeah,Seems like they are taking a car that had a traditional vibe and turning it into a street rod,,I guess next weekend they will pull the flathead and replace it with a late model engine, HRP

3. sedanbob

sedanbob

Just like the restoration guys would complain about making an old car into a hot rod...

4. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

If you had watched the whole show you would have realised that these two are beyond moronic... no idear what hot rodding is about!!

5. chubbie

chubbie

No....they claimed to know alot about hotrodding. they said the thing about hotrods was you can always change :confused::eek::mad:it

6. b-bob

b-bob

And the billit electric window switch that they put in the middle of the dash really got me!
    These guys should stick with their Camaros and muscle cars.

7. I got sick of watching that show long ago. It gets painfull sometimes.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think the show has really gotten better since Willie B joined it.............NOT ! :D

I never even liked him when he was on Pinks All Out.

Don

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Yikes! I never saw the show, but I don't even like hearing about turning a traditional hot rod into a....gasp!!....street rod.

10. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

That is a shame. I make some old cars way faster with modern suspension, brakes and steering but an original 32 is too cool as it was and should not be changed.

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

it's too painful to watch these two guys

12. chubbie

chubbie

Not original 32... but a barn find hi boy coupe hotrod!! with a flathead! with what looked like a real tuck and roll interior done in mexico in 1964!!

13. specialk

specialk

The last good episodes were the one's with the original guys.

14. fleetside66

fleetside66

Before this thread gets chucked out, I just want to say that, over & above the street rodding of a very cool '32 & not even covering a great flathead while they were welding the shit out of the frame, I cannot stand the flapping around of their hands while they're talking. Totally obnoxious.

15. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

What was up with that?? They really wrecked that show with the "improvements" they made. Too bad, I really liked it. They doubled or tripled the douchebag quotient with Willie B and rendered Pink's All Out unwatchable. Those brothers and the rest of the crew that used to be on the show really offset that Rich guy's nitwiticisim and pomposity.

It was great when that nitwit flopped the crotch rocket and then made up some weak ass excuse about being used to a different style bike. Too bad it didn't hook up and 12 o'clock his ass.

16. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

17. raidmagic

raidmagic

That was one of the best things ever!!!!! Sometimes I laugh when I just think about it.

18. stevestude

stevestude
    from orangevale

All those car shows on tv are ridiculous. That 2 guys thing is mostly a commercial. I still like Jesse tho.

19. jkeesey

jkeesey

I think its the velocity channel that still has some real repair shows. I couldn't stand seeing guys build cool lookin rods and then send them to someone else to finish them. Seriously what's the point of watching the show if they don't show you how to finish it?

20. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

I used to watch 2 Guys back when Sam and that other old guy was there. A long time ago. Dont care for all the hand jesturing.

21. chubbie

chubbie

It's not TRADITIONAL to shave your head and talk with your hands;)

22. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

What they should have done:

1. Buy fiberglass body and rolling chassis

2. Deliver the barn find to my front door, save them some work, and save us HAMBers some serious heart ache!!!

23. chubbie

chubbie

We should send "willy b" a message in protest of them destroying a piece of hotrod history!

24. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I stopped watching right after the new guys took over. The quality of the show has gone rapdily downhill. A lot of commericals, although that may be the nature of the business. But, the format is so weak that it is painful to watch. And the hand gesturing...someone may lose an eye.

25. Ruddchevy

Ruddchevy

I agree they should stick with there muscle cars!

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

stupid show... just cut out the original front crossmember, and welded in a MII front end without a frame jig...just like back in the day...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

in b4 the lockdown.

my guess is that they are making these mods at the car owner's request. who owns the car?

28. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Touché, I never look at it from their prospective.