Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ** Stray Kat 500 / May 3,4 & 5, 2013 / Ron Myers Inspiration Award ceremony

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Apr 1, 2013.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stop it Jimmy! I just made my "to do" list and I need more time... :)

2. gonmad

gonmad

Mick's to do's, Lets see here.......
    Eat a granola bar for breakfast.... Check the HAMB.... Check emails (search the spam box for any garbage I sent you)... Get your wife a list of things that she needs to get done for the show. Call Two Tall to see whats shakin at the shop... Eat lunch with your lovely bride.... Check the HAMB.... Make a call to the front desk to see if there were any messages that you needed to ignore.... Any emails from Jimmy? More garbage....! Sweet talk your daughter into calling the city to discuss the show and traffic issues. Call Krobe to see if he's still a pleasant sweetheart kind of a guy.... Nope!! Check the HAMB again.... Clip your fingernails... Call Royboy to see what's shakin in the picture biz (and secretly try to convince him that he needs to do a video interview with you!)... Email Jack to see which BITCHIN car he's bringing south in a couple weeks..... Tell the receptionist to hold all your calls, while you secretly Close your door and take a nice siesta...! Call Jeff to see which BITCHIN car he's gonna bring.... Convince you wonderful woman that she needs to call Mike to make sure that they are coming to play another few jamming rounds for trade for a shirt and beer....! Check the HAMB.... Play some solitaire for awhile till "quittin' time".... Check the HAMB yet once again.... Check the spam box on your email (& think "sheesh, doesn't Jimmy ever work?!?!).... Get in the wagon and cruise home.... Tell your saint of a lady that you are beat and she'll have to make dinner cause it was too stressful of a day.... Blackmail your son into bringing some of his friends to run security and parking at the show..... Eat dinner.... Check the HAMB.... Look outside at the Merc and sigh..... Glance over at the Chevy and shake your head.... Go to the couch and watch Overhaulin reruns till bedtime...!!
    LOL!!

Love ya buddy!! ;-)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL! that is funny, now I have to update my "to do" list.

4. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I can't wait - just a little over 2 weeks to go. Looking forward to another great event

Travis had a brilliant idea of putting a link on for a slide show so you can see how cool it was last year. Hear is a link to mine from last year: http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/sk500_2012&view=slideshow

If you just want to look at pictures - please go either to my gallery http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/sk500_2012&page=all or my HAMB photo thread http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698749

[​IMG]

If you want me to take a shot of your car, please PM me before the show so I have your cell, and you have mine and we can get 'er done.
    I will be there the whole time and in the area starting Thursday afternoon/evening.

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to seeing ya Dan, That is one kool picture, thanks for adding it too the post. See ya next weekend.

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I can get Mickey to do an interview, I'm gonna need a straight jacket and some truth serum minimum.

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOl! It would take a large dose of truth serum....

8. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

waiting on my call, so what if I'm not bringing a car this year? can i still get my late model in ??

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Late model? Then that would be your El Camino. Plan on seeing ya Sunday if our going
    to be around. Going through huge Kustom withdrawals...

10. gonmad

gonmad

Its on his list don't ya know Jeff!! The nap got in the way! LOL!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. yblock292

yblock292

Damn, just kan't wait to see all you guys and gals, gonna be a great reunion!

12. wizzard23

wizzard23

Be seein' ya on Friday, Mick. Looks like there's 5 cars from the Skid Row area headin' your way. Oh yeah, you better check that "to do" list again!

13. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

My goal is to hit town Thursday evening, see you hooligans in just over a week!

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Look for my hospitality tent about a block north of the Hotel Museum and stop and say hello. My Poverty Flats banner (made by my pal Chaddilac) will be easy to spot.
    We will have free bottles of water and a ready hand to shake and hopefully share some good stories with each other !!
    I will only be there on Saturday.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  15. We plan on rolling in Saturday again this year, what a great event! Good to see you at the SKMC2013 in Guthrie last week Mick, looking forward to seeing you there!

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had a good time in Guthrie, Did ya see the truck that about hit me head on when I was
    waiting to pull into the show? God is good, It was close. Still can't believe he didn't hit
    anyone.

Looking forward to seeing every one again. its been too long. We are getting stuff crossed
    off the "to do" list so it looks like we will be ready for the party. That is a good suggestion
    Harry, I will double check my list.

Happy Trails, Mick

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since we will be acknowledging Ron Myers at the show, I thought we should us some of his
    artwork on this years trophies. Ron did this panel years ago and I combined it with and old
    pin up magazine cover girl.

Ron is so gifted he can make whicker kool.

[​IMG]

Happy Trails, Mick

18. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Too cool, looking forward to next week!

19. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

Tahlequah assholes checking in here. Not one vehicle were bringing has moved under it's own power yet. Got huge to do list on my '30 a coupe. I promise no vw bus this year, I'm bringin a radiator lol. Can't wait!

20. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

About a week away. Can't believe we're that close. Rain or shine I'll be there. Looking forward to scoping out all the new/old stuff I haven't seen in a year. Rollin in on Saturday morning. By the time we get there we'll be parked in the north 40.
    Whens the ceremony for "Hollywood Myers?"

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to seeing ya guys roll in, you add a lot of kool to the show.

Ron Myers ceremony will start at 2:00pm

Happy Trails, Mick

22. Is this one of those shows everything needs to be clean and shiny or are bugs OK? I have a lot of bugs....and pollen....and crumbs from breakfast.....

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL!! Sounds like us, a lot of our cars were down not too long ago. Some are back on
    the street and some are not going to make it. But we will still be there.. Have a safe trip

Looking forward to seeing ya guys roll in, you add a lot of kool to the show.

Ron Myers ceremony will start at 2:00pm

Happy Trails, Mick

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL!! Only dead bugs are ok....

25. I am going out to the shop to clean the '62 Galaxie for the trip to Dewey, I put a quickie paint job on it last year and some rags on the seats to make it a little more comfortable. I was hoping to get striping done but have not got that far, yet...any stipers working at the show?....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Trying to decide which '40 to bring. This will be my first Stray Kat. Looking forward to it.

27. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

This is an easy decision. Bring the coupe. Leave the keys in it. Have the title, signed over to me, in the glove box. Thanks and see you there!

Arkie :)

28. Dillrod

Dillrod

I'm still in the middle of a engine swap my uncle that's rebuilding my trans just had to have a triple bypass so the trans isn't Gona be done .. Maybe I'll be ready for the starliner show

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Yup there will be a few as always. If you need to find them just look for the band area, they are usually right near there. The DJ can point ya in the right direction if need be.

Looks Great so far!

30. What's crazy is that you have seen the coupe, in person, and still say that.

My plans have changed, slightly. I got a call from Dad, asking if his seat was still available for the run over to Dewey. Looks like we will leave Springfield, sometime around lunch on Friday, and will only be there until Saturday evening, so he can spend the night and head back to the StL area on Sunday.