Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Apache...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shane Spencer, Sep 15, 2012.

1. what'd you end up doing with your visor GG? I was told from a few guys they had the same issue but just tweaked it back into place

2. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

I just sent it back man, im actually kinda diggin the look without the visor now.......

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

WOW man, commin along.. love the stance! Keep up the good work!

4. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Nice job on the panel. Looks 1st class with those $$ gauges & the clear.
    The little details can really make the difference.

[​IMG]

5. Buzznut

Buzznut

Damn bro....beauuutiful guage cluster!! Lookin' hella sweet.... Just a thought, inner door panels done the same way would be bitchin!

Fab them out of sheet aluminum and turn 'em out....

6. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks fellas. Buzz i may try that. Ive been wanting to get a bead roller..... I could roll a bead like the stock panels and turn the inside panel.....

Ive been busy elsewhere so the truck has sat. I went to spring carlisle expecting to grab doors and came out empty handed. I was very close to buying a repop door at a show special price but ended up deciding otherwise.

7. dubie

dubie

those gauges look SIC in that bezel. What a great combination.

8. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Threw the front clip up real quick to get an idea of how far the front needs to drop. About 4 inches lol. Has a nose bleed right now. Kinda cool to see it look like a truck for a split second. Also, i have some plans for this jimmy grill....

Attached Files:

9. Buzznut

Buzznut

And here this whole time I honestly thought you were building a taildragger... :D

My front axle is an original I-beam dropped 3.5 inches and I'm going to do the Posies 3 inch drop front spring when my fun-fund allows.

10. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Man i wish soo bad i had the original axle up front.... But in regards to the tail draggger. I realized i like the stance dead level. it has a taildragger look like that since the rear fenders sit down over the tires so much, but is still level. I saw a few with the front raised up higher n i honestly didnt like it as much as i thought i would. It needs to come down

11. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

I thought about lowering the rear of mine more also...but now I'm glad it's level. Also considered the 3" spring drop but I think it would be too much with my current tires. I'm very happy that I stuck with the 4" dropped stock axle. That f body clip we did on my buddy's truck isn't all that.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Yeah, i would love to have the stock axle. i thought i was gonna bag this truck at first but decided not to. The clip woulda been great for bags.... Its not neccesarily bad for what im doing. Just a straight axle woulda been bitchin

13. dubie

dubie

i did the straight dropped axle with mono leafs and am almost wishing I would have done a clip instead. I have a little less that 4" of clearance between the axle and the ground. I'm now making mental notes of what streets and parking lots I can and can't drive on when it hits the pavement. But it's old school and looks cool and that's what counts right?

14. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Yeah i mean the straight axle is definately cool. If i woulda done the clip myself i woulda went with a rack and pinion setup, probably a mustang ii. the camaro front has great aftermarket support but i guess its all in hindsight now anyway lol

15. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Elaborate more on the grill......Thats gonna look sweet!A little cut here and there maybe with some teeth, vette maybe.....my imagination is running wild dont leave me hangin..........LOL

16. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

I didnt even think about teeth, that could be wild..... The gmc grille sits wider than the chevy. It sits out in front of the femders on the ends. Im gonna cut it and remove about 3 inches from the center so it sits back into the grille and flush it up more against the truck. Very mild and almost un noticeable untill you see a stocker. Heres a pic of the shortened and a pic of the stocker. Very mild. I dont have a side shot but the gmc grill stock sits wayyy out. It looks wayy cleaner tucked in

Attached Files:

17. Buzznut

Buzznut

Are you doing the 100 emblem in the center?

18. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

I've got the number of a guy in Ohio, with one of these he is
    trying to sell, I think it is has the big back window...it seems to be
    a pretty nice body to start with, no motor, no tranny, build it the
    way you like, if interested...send me a PM and
    I will give you his info....

19. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

First thing that came to mind was cutting the lower center bar out shortening it and tucking it in like you are doing and maybe some 53 corvette teeth although they are kinda tall not sure how much room you have or if you could find 57 chrysler teeah they kinda resemble (slightly) 54 chevy only more aggressive.......whatever you choose to do im sure it will look nice! dig the dash it turned out good man.

20. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thanks meddler, and i actually saw a guy run some crazy center bar with teeth but i didnt like how it looked. Im sure i could figure something up with the right teeth that would look cool tho. And buzz im undecided, i have the 100 and theres actually a raised "platform" that it sits on thats stamped in the grill. I may shave it, idk tho

21. sqrlnts

sqrlnts

fuggin A right!

Looking good Green, that mustache is going to be killer.

22. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Thank ya sir, your truck is freakin bitchin man ! With everything in life this damn truck keeps gettin put on the back burner. I cant wait to drive it man. Got a lotta work yet. Hopefully ill be in paint by summer, maybe fall lol

23. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Been super busy guys, and now i need to work on my daily instead of the truck. I was supposed to meet up with a guy and trade him my current daily driver vw, for a lifted cherokee. Main reason being, so i can haul around parts and things for this build easier. But on the way to work in my vw this morning, i went to pass someone, banged 2nd gear n all hell broke loose lol. Lost a motor mount, engine was hangin low in a construction zone, a pothole punched a nice hole in my oil pan, and the axle broke. So the truck is now outta the shop again. Im tryin to get back to it fellas !!!! Hopefully soon

24. dubie

dubie

i hear ya on that one brother. I have the day off and was all set up to work on my truck but my daily driver is in need of some TLC so the day belongs to it. It's a good thing we don't have any deadlines on these projects eh?

25. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Lol yeah, best part about these projects tho. U do what u want, when u want. Keeps it fun

26. Buzznut

Buzznut

Right there with you too. My daily's transmission is acting funny and I need to diagnose before it gets too bad. Also needs a major tune-up...there goes a whole day.

Bummer about the vw...

27. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Well fellas, i think this truck is gonna be on the back burner for a few years. Ive been lookin into building my own house. I just turned 21 this past year, and have a good chunk of money saved up. I wanna buy land in the next year or so and start construction. Id like to be in the house and done before im 24. So we will see, also with the money ill save building my own house with friends and family, i can build a gnarly size shop as well, think 30 x 50 :D. So this build is to be continued ........

28. 1959apache

1959apache

weak! Who am I supposed to steal ideas off of now?

29. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Lmao, the same people ive been stealin some of my ideas from !! :D ill still be tinkering with it some. And i may throw it in epoxy as soon as the body work is done. But the paint, interior and all is gonna have to wait for now. I just sold my vw and got a 12v cummins for a daily. So at least i have a truck to pick up parts and tools. I missed out on some sweet deals because i didnt have a truck to get there in time. But yea, im almost just as excited planning the house/ shop build as i am workin on the truck lol. We will see. I know working in a 30x50 would be sweet compared to the 20x20 im in now. Its more like a 15x15 with the space taken from the workbenches and various tools lol. Im not bitchin tho, its better than layin in rocks outside

30. n847

n847

Well good for you...either way I'll leave this subscription active so I know when you're feelin frisky! At least in epoxy you can put some miles on it and shake the bugs out before paint!