Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Yes , I know this..and a great final it was:

But what I asked about was Stock Eliminator...Sunday...Sunday..Sunday!!!

2. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Great Video thanks for posting.....Al

3. Prisc5idins

Prisc5idins
    from USA

Here are a few photos I've collected over the years. Photographers are unknown.[​IMG]

4. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Time to get this moving again. Anyone with old T-Bolt photos hidden in a shoebox?

5. FEDER

FEDER

Anybody here from the PNW? July 13th and 14th will be a 2 day nostalgia race at Pacific Raceways. There will be a N/SS A/FX class. If Your interested E Mail Me at
    [email protected] or call 425 770 9017. TBOLT DANO Ill be calling You
    Fed

6. 427rouser

427rouser

I have a pic or two of this bolt and am confused as to it's history. I know a gentleman that said he purchased it from Derringer and later traded it to louis Jones Ford for a new 66 Galaxie. It was later sold to someone in Indiana. He is who I got the pictures from and is a very honest man that is now in his 80's. Does this make any sense? The air bonnett was in his attic to it for years before being stolen here recently.

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

427 Rouser, if you included pics they didn't show up.

8. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Dennis, Do you know what the Ford instructions were about the construction of the Headers ??

9. Hope to see some of you at the FE Race & Reunion this Saturday at Beaver Springs Dragway.

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

427ROUSER has dug up some info on the old Joe Brown Ford/Walt Deringer T-Bolt. Seems it was involved in a Kentucky bank robbery and he has also tracked down a previous owner of the car. The current owner is anxious to talk to both fellows. Maybe ROUSER can fill us in on the bank job!:p Anyway, it gets this thread a saturday bump.

11. I was there...GREAT Meet. I'll post some pics on a separate thread tomorrow.

Murph:cool:

12. mickeyc

mickeyc

13. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

No, other than what I already posted.

Regards,
    Dennis

14. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

I think 63 was Tasca 63 proto-type,heard it was sold by Tasca to guy in Worcester Mass. and Tasca had it painted red with 406 power? Do not think white one still around:confused:

Attached Files:

15. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Great pictures Flintstonecharger. This is the first time I've seen a color photo of the original '63 Tasca AFX Fairlane. Maybe now the guy who made a clone will repaint his car the correct color instead of white. The red Tasca car you speak of was a 1962 Fairlane sedan and had a 406.

The wrecked '64 Thunderbolt pictured here was sold new at Acord-Connaway Ford in Eldorado, IL. The crash happened at the 1964 Indianapolis Nationals. Bradley Wagner was the driver.

16. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

Pretty sure my friends story is of the 63 car,believe it was owned by a guy with last name Jacques,will get more details

17. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

While you are waiting for the details from your friend, check out post #2591 on this website. That is where a photo of the first Tasca Fairlane that was powered by a 406 can be seen. It was a 1962 sedan and was painted red. Then the next year Tasca ran the '63 Peacock Blue hardtop powered by a 427. Dave Lyall talks about the '63 on post #988 of this website.

Again thanks for posting the color photo of the '63 Tasca AFX Fairlane.

18. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

I will get rest of story,the way I think I remember it was told to me is that it was the Tasca 63 car and supposedly Tasca offered to paint car whatever color buyer wanted,so that is when it got painted red and I think the guy that bought car was Paul Jacques,not sure of spelling. I bet not many people wanted a used race car back then with all the lettering.I do know the guy that owned it after Jacques,will pick his brain for info.He is still a car guy and knows the tale,will see what happens,

19. LennyFreebern

LennyFreebern

The Ohio dealer was Bridenthal and the magazine was the Ford Enthusiast put out by the Performance Ford Club of America.

Len

20. Race Artist

Race Artist

Flintstonecharger,

This is a fantastic photo of the 1963 TASCA car. Thanks for sharing. As far as I've seen this is the first really good color shot of the car to turn up. There has to be more out there like this, of this car and other S/S-F/X cars from that time. Any information on who took the photo and where it was taken? CT Dragway maybe?

The '63 and the red '62 cars were two different cars.

Joel

Attached Files:

21. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

Were all t bolts post cars??

22. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

I always wondered where Tasca got the 406 from that went in the 63 also that is a later shot of the 63 because it shows the modified hood with the T-Bird hood scoop and there also was 2 rows of louvers punched in the hood.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  23. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

This thread gets better & better!

24. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Yes.

25. Race Artist

Race Artist

Japar, Not sure what you're saying in your post ...

The '62 lightweight pictured had a 427 in it as I recall. For TASCA Ford to get an extra 406 motor for their '62 Fairlane project would have been no problem. I'm sure the motor for the red Fairlane wasn't taken from one of their existing race cars. Besides, I think the 406 motor swap into the Fairlane was done at DST, meaning that most likely the 406 came straight from Dearborn, not an existing TASCA race car.
    The original '63 Peacock Blue car had a 427 in it, not a 406.
    The A/FX TASCA lightweight full size car wasn't built at TASCA Ford I'm sure, so I doubt there would have been a 406 motor that was pulled from it for the '62 Fairlane ... if that is your suggestion ... ?

The picture of the car in post #2591 is a modern replica of the original TASCA car as is the white '63 next to it. Whoever built both cars didn't do the hoods it appears.

Just sayin' ...

Joel

Attached Files:

26. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

The 62 car came from DST with a 406 but it was just a 406, Mr Healey would install a 406 that he had built and run the car at the Natiolals the car may have had a 427 installed at some time I am unsure. Here's a shot of the underside of the hood where you can barly see the louvers on each side and thats Mr. Tasca looking on

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  27. Race Artist

Race Artist

Agreed that the T-Bird scoop and louvers were there on the original car.
    Joel

28. blacksheep55

blacksheep55
    from jasper ga

Dick Brannan told me the other day that the thunderbolts were almost hardtops but because of weight restrictions they used the sedans.

29. limachine

limachine

I see the Dockery Ford T-bolt mentioned a few times, but does anyone know if it's still around?
    Thanks.

30. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Need help I'am kinda a Mustang guy and this looks pre Mustang to me can anyone ID this car is this the wanta-be 62 Thunderbolt or maybe the 62 Galaxie ,I guess this was the in car camera of the 60's you may have to cut+paste click on Bill Lawton 62 scroll up when you here the 406 drag.racersreunion.com/video/bill-lawton-62-ford?comment

Last edited: May 6, 2013