Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official Vintage Torque Fest Thread May 3-4, 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Jun 14, 2012.

1. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Transparent Cherry Pie.... mmm yes! I hope you get that poor old Phaeton on the road.. would be nice to see it in Iowa. Either way will be good to see you out there!

2. Ok, got a question for you guys; I'm an amatuer artist and drew this old stock car scene on a white pine board (cleared with 2 coats satin varnish)and framed it with red cedar;....it's about 24" x 10"....this one's titled "trouble in turn three"
    I'm thinking of donating it to auction off at the Torquefest,...do you think it'd sell,...or if anyone would bid on it? (I don't wanna look like an idiot at the show and no-one bid on it.)
    honest opinions please...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Amateur? Shoot it looks killer to me!!

4. von zipper

von zipper

5. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

That is a very nice job on the artwork, I'll bid on it.

6. I'd bid on it too Sam! Looks cool.

7. ...no close-ups on that one but here's a close-up shot of another "board"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  8. Are you kidding man that's Kool !I can't even draw a straight stick figure man ill bid on it!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

very nice Sam. You won't look like an idiot

But Hotrodeo might!

10. Tin Can

Tin Can

Sam, you are no amatuer! These boards are awesome that you have been drawing lately. I think you will be amazed at how many bids your artwork will bring!

11. ...I still mite Bob, but maybe not for the artwork!

12. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I agree Sam, I'd bid on that in a heartbeat.

Bring it on.

B:)B

13. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there a HAMB Meet & Greet planned? I did not see it posted but I am old and half blind and I may have missed it. If there isn't one planned yet, what time and where should it be at on the fairgrounds?

14. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Meet & Greet breakfast at Sunshine Family Restaurant on Friday morning. Meet time 7:30-8:00.

15. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

this only it looks a lot nicer

Attached Files:

16. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about one at the fairgrounds during the day on Saturday? By 7:30 AM I'll already be at the fairgrounds working.

17. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Sam those are awsome, I'd like to have one too.

18. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, I'm game.

19. To late bob you got that title

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

20. Jamoke

Jamoke

I go news for you, your no amatuer that is killer !!

21. ...thanks guys for your comments on the wood-art, I mite bring a couple of em to auction off for this great cause.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Sam - we would love to have that be a part of the auction! Everyone should know that Sam actually did a piece for me a while back of my car and it is on my desk where I edit all the video for the Vintage Torque DVDs. His stuff is not amateur....
    It's just that he doesnt charge for his cool art.........
    Thanks for all your help Sam - and for anyone that doesnt know - he also rounds up the swap meet with all the other Tin Butchers that come out.
    There is no way this event just happens.
    It takes people like Sam, Steve, Mitch Huffington from Tin Militia, Brandon from The Bombers, Scott from Romin Chariots and a whole lot more to make this thing run smooth.
    We hope that everyone will give us some slack as we deal with this new location AND the influx of new rides and spectators. Will we outgrow Dubuque this first year? Never know..... It sure seems like we have a LOT of positive response in the tri state area as well as the hot rodders coming from all over. This is a good thing, but we may need some patience from the hot rod family while trying to iron out details that may have to happen on the fly while we are at the show.
    We are already in talks with Dubuque about getting some remote parking for spectators and this will give us more room for hot rod parking if we need it in 2014.
    Know that we are committed to bringing everyone a weekend to remember for the entire year.....
    Thanks for supporting the show and seeya in Jefferson WI at the swap meet!

23. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

I am headed to Mexico tomorrow for a week long vacation on the beach. I get back on the 2nd and will be driving to Dubuque on the 3rd. With all this hype, I think I am more excited for Torque Fest than Mexico.

See you there! I'll be the one with the sunburn :)

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Is anyone heading to Torque Fest from the Rochester, NY/ Watkins Glen/ Williamsport, PA area? I need to organize a relay. :)

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Hotroded?
    we have one pre registered car from Pittsburgh PA as well

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

I already talked to Ed, but Hornell, NY is too far out of his way, but is right off I-86, which is on the way for someone traveling from central NY

27. John...thanks for the kudos on my artwork;, been thinkin about donatin to the auction for a couple of years; I'm excited now to see how much my scribbles can help out your cause. I've met and talked with your 2 daughters and they are nice kids, anything we can do to help yours and others is a good thing.
    I do have to mention that for some friends and special people I run across; I do art pieces for them at no charge, I do sell my stuff to others tho....here's a shot of the one I did for John of his Ford coupe...(the flash made some of the black turn blue)

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the comments on your volunteers also; the Tin Butchers enjoy being a part of your events, it's a great feeling helping out; more people should try it.
    Since we are down to the wire on this year's T-fest; I'm really gettin stoked.
    I do believe you will pack the place!...and the weather looks like it mite finally warm up to comfortable temps.
    Can't wait!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  28. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hope to see/talk to all you guys!

29. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

cant wait , at this time next week i'll be hitting the road for dubuque in my roadster followed by a 64 galaxie wag towing a 13 ft scamp camper , cant wait to hit the show w my fellow rod tosser car club members

Attached Files:

30. iarodder

iarodder

Yeah it wont be here soon enough! Does anyone know if they are having Gary's graffiti night over the river after the open header parade?