Register now to get rid of these ads!

mopar flathead 6 electric ignition?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yetiskustoms, Apr 23, 2013.

1. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Does anyone make an hei style distributor to replace the points? Mine is being very temperamental even after replacing everything. The electronic dist would be a better way to go imo

2. stoveboltengineco.com makes one.

3. raff23089

raff23089

I'm running Stovebolt distributor in my 50 Plymouth. Big improvement, gotta be 12 volts though.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. vintage power wagon in iowa sells a drop in pertronics unit for your stock dist. available in 6 volt and 12 volt. they work great.

5. Old Dude

Old Dude

I was looking at post and was going to suggest Pertronics. They do make for 6 Cly. 6 Volt System. So many people run 6 Volt Battery, but what a lot of people don't know is they do make a 8 Volt Battery. All you need to do to get it fully charged is to adjust Voltage Regulator up by having someone sit inside and watch Amp. Meter. Back in the day, I did this to all my 6 Volt Vehicles. Most all of 6 Volt systems are Positive Ground.

6. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

Does anyone make an hei style distributor to replace the points?

Some guys make their own. If you are talking about the 230 six, you can adapt a slant six electronic distributor (vacuum type only!) to work with the 230 distributor shaft. Control it with a GM HEI module, and you've got a very sweet running ignition system. Minor machine work required.

7. 73RR

73RR

Somewhere, there is a tech thread on the Mopar /6 conversion.
    Start looking.

8. hobiehunter

hobiehunter

I saw a nice write up on modifying a slant six distributor to to work with the flathead, but I've got CRS.

9. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

I did read the slant 6 thread, but wanted to see if there was a full distributor that was available. I'll check out stovepipes website. Thanks everyone!