Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has the cheapest prices for EMS patch panels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SMOKINFLATHEAD, Jan 16, 2009.

1. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

I had been watching a listing for a patch panel on "the bay" and it expired, I got an e-mail that it was relisted. Long story short The listing went from $79.00 to $102.00 in less than a week! I'm sure the price of steel is rising, but shit! So, I'm thinking, It's better sooner than later on purchasing the panels for my 36'. The now price for everything I need for the 36' is over $1,000.00 :rolleyes: Ya, I know!! Maybe an alliance vendor sells them? Thanks for the info. Jay

2. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

Hey be more specific on the panels and body style, lottsa people making them nowdays

3. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

1936 Ford 5 window coupe. I need, tail pan, rockers, quarter panels, cowl patches, one rear fender to running board patch, front floorboard kit. :rolleyes: I think that's it?

4. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

5. Ems is on here - they often offer up some swap meet spots at the Charlotte Auto Fair - stand up guys for doing that

"ems customer service" is their name

6. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

They are not HAMB Alliance vendor/member but there is a phone number listed in their user profile that you could call and see if they offer any discounts to HAMBers.

7. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

the tail pans fit so so. i put one one my friends 36 and the body lines aren t as crisp as the originals and they didn t line up to good either. kinda had to find a happy medium between the two. but then again where would find an original ass end thats good to replace it with....

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

on 35/6 fords if the body lines dont match the replacement panel, the solution is that the left and right 1/4 panels are not aligned at the same vertical hieght, a slight drop on either side will cause the body lines not to match. just shim up or down to have the body lines match. it can take a lot of fussing to get it right and the help of a few friends

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

thanks for remembering

10. ems customer service

ems customer service

we manufacture in the usa, tooling made in the usa, all of our employess make real wages to support there families. just regular guys making a regular living. just having more fun then most.(sometimes) parts are priced to cover our costs.

when you call us, we take as long as needed to answer all your questions, inlcuding helping guys with install questions, you buy a part from us you get a much of our time as you need, does your china importer do this???

we ship a part ups we gaurentee that it gets to you undamaged, if it does not we replace it free, no extra cost, does your parts importer do this???

is the price really that high???

11. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Matt,

The n.o.s., o.e.m. and repops all fit about the same for this era vehicle.
    Keep in mind Ford used several vendors to stamp parts from stamping plants all over the country. I'd been told for years, that parts that didn't fit cars built on the line, were consigned to the dealer parts bins.
    If you think old Ford sheetmetal is a bitch to fit, try old Italian shit!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Meanwhile, back aboard The Tainted Pork"

12. Check emsautomotive.com. I was looking for some stuff for my 40 Coupe. You can't exactly order from that site but it will link you to an authorized dealer. I had checked on "feebay" for the stuff I needed and it was $845 from one guy and the same stuff from the authorized ems dealer it was $753.

13. ammuscle

ammuscle
    from Greenville

Check out www.vintagepartsclub.com for great price on EMS.

They also carry Brookville Roadster, Vintique, Legendary, Gorilla etc and have a bunch of NOS / NORS like door skins, carb kits.....not produced for decades.

14. Topsterguy

Topsterguy

What a pile of crap. I would not deal with these guys again, and neither would many people I know. You had to "be there" but what goes around comes around.

15. 5window

5window

Why is it always FNG's who drag up ancient history posts? Either be much more specific or stop wasting bandwidth and giving people bad names.

16. 54rat210

54rat210

Ive always said you pay for what u get. I ordered a lower front quarterpanel for a 1954 Chevy from EMS.. Though high quality it doesnt line up with the door jamb. Some modifications will need to be done.

17. 5window

5window

I always figure if a part lines up correctly ona 60 ear old car that it wasn't mad correctly int he first place. :)