Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. JoeyOldschool

JoeyOldschool

General Motors assembler.....but at heart an artist, and student :D

2. I'm the Wonder Bread man.
    Delivering to the northwest side of Chicago.

Cosmo

3. previous jobs,

juvenile delinquent/hoodlum, US army tank commander, bridge builder/pile driver operator, railroad brakeman, and for the last 25 yrs, locomotive engineer with BNSF railroad

Richard

4. Rikster

Rikster

I work at a graphic design agency here in Amsterdam.

5. Phil1934

Phil1934

Civil Engineer. I work at a residential piling company.

6. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

World famous pinstriper.(maybe one day)

Currently a Maintenance Technician for a food processing plant. I design, build,install and maintain mixers, ovens, freezers, and packaging equiptment. Programming PLC's and other control stuff. On the days I get to spend all day fabricating stuff it's great but other days it suck because of corporate BS.

Previously installing wireless network equiptment, complete cell phone networks. That was my favorite real job ever. Got laidoff.

7. himmelberg

himmelberg

I teach elementary fine arts at a title 1 school. Draw, paint, sculpt, build, dance and theater. In the spring we race hot wheels.

8. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm a police detective in Pearland....IAD...I weed out the bad cops..retiring next year after 28 to my ranch in Anderson

9. Marko

Marko

I'm a retired police officer, disabled in the line of duty. Currently security officer for an un-named major league baseball team in Seattle. Way back worked my way through college by working swing shift at a saw mill. In high school worked at a gas station and ran ski lifts ( now THERE's a job!!).

10. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

I'm a union commercial & industrial plumber. Been at it 25 years. Also an instructor at our apprenticeship training center a couple of nights a week.
    Paul

11. homebrew

homebrew

I am a parts mgr. at a ford dealer. have worked with ford for 32 years.

12. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

So far I am the only Accountant on the list, but I am not an Accountant any more. I retired last year to play with my cars.

13. glassguy

glassguy

i own an auto glass shop that also does rod and kustom work. i wish i read a post like this 11 years ago before i got into this shit biussness. the insurance companys have killed me! :(

14. Zumo

Zumo

Was in the US Navy Sea Bees as a Construction Mechanic (Diesel Mech), spent 8 years in the reserves mean while I was a mail boy, print operator, then a help desk punk.

Now? An in house graphics idiot for a mortgate co. I do freelance work on the side. Work on my truck when money permits. Basically have fun with my kids and tickle my wife every now and then to keep her happy.

15. Richard

Richard
    from Rocklin,CA

I'm Lead Tech for the Cocacola bottler.Get to work on vending,fountain,bulk co2,ice machines,etc.Pretty cool gig.

16. dixiedog

dixiedog

Zor - welcome to S. Ga., when you get here send a PM. Up here you have Fatassbuick and myself and then some HAMBers in Charleston SC area

17. rlsteel

rlsteel

I am a building equipment mechanic (HVAC) for the USPS for 15 years here in St Louis. Before that I was a shoe builder Salem Mo., a lead miner Bixby M0., and a John Deere mechanic Tampa FlA. RLS

18. Freelance public restroom attendant.

19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Oops for got to add this...I only gave my past jobs before..
    Besides being a metrologist,
    the last two years on the side..
    I've owned and operated a Bed and Breakfast and Antiques shop in a 150 year old historic home.
    I love it but one thing I've learned....... In old Homes such as these..
    the only thing that works is the owner.
    A Labor of Love and it's cutting into my hotrod time.:D
    http://www.zca.org/bus-keeping-room.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. jstorm

jstorm

Your my new best friend

21. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

Bouncer at the TITTY club....... :D

But that was years ago. Now I do nothing......sit around the house, look at a few cars and post on the HAMB........

I am a licensed real estate broker ........on rare occasions......

22. I started out as a house painter, moved to specialty finishes and started working for designers. When I saw how lame they were, I started telling people I was a designer (that was funny). Started designing clubs and resturants, got bored cause nobody wanted to do cool enuff stuff. Did it part time for awhile and took a welding class in furniture design in the city. I then found a restoration shop that worked on only vintage cars, begged to sweep up and started from the bottom of the ladder at 28 years old. Bought a Model A and chopped it by myself 7 years ago (freaked them out), started doing custom body work. Also went to Fay Butlers for metal shapeing, got pretty good and got fired cause they felt threatend by me (this sucked, I loved my job). Started my own shop under the name Dirty Devil. Did this off and on till I realized that anybody that wanted to do something cool, had no money, and no one wanted to pay for restoration. Through a party out of boredome and lack of a scene about a year and a half ago in a run down bowling alley (just fucking around). Party was a huge success, redesigned it, and turned it into a club. The club went from dirty little garage bands to Link Wray, Rev. Heat, and Dick Dale's in a year (blessing). I now work on my own cars when I can by day, and work the club at night. Seems i never have enuff time for the cars these days. But we do throw occasional hot rod shows! (good times)

Two things I live by:

1. Throw enuff shit at the wall, and something sticks!
    2. A man is only as good as his friends!

23. 52lomofo

52lomofo

worked for 10 years in mental hospital:eek: and now have worked last 13 in a Alzheimer's long term unit :)

j-jock likes this.
  24. I'm a structural designer. I design concrete and steel for heavy industrial facilities. I work on a contract basis so I've worked in many areas of the country. I really like the diversity and the travel as the contracts usually last from 6 months to a year or more, but as I grow older it's not as much fun as it once was.

25. McQueen

McQueen

Marketing copywriter (read: professional bullshitter...NOT a liar, that's Public Relations. :D)

I'm a musician, too, so...

...wait for it...

check out the band: www.covamusic.com

Damn, that was just shameless...

[​IMG]

26. unpunk01

unpunk01

27. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

28. 133

i work at Krystal Koach in Brea, CA. which manufactures limos, hearses, coach buses and limo buses from scratch.

29. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i turn wrench on fleet vehicles at a mom and pop shop.

30. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

Mechanical Engineer that went bad and got into management. Most of my working life (28 years) has been good, working in the aerospace field on interesting projects, getting to buy expensive machines that can make hot rod and bike parts as well as the production stuff, now it kinda sucks cause my Project is to move manufacturing to Asia (China) and although it's my job and I have to do it I feel like I'm kicking the shop guys in the balls and I no longer like what I'm doing. So I spend a lot of time here (on the HAMB) at work and try to drag my feet on this project and get through the day.