Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odins701 is in the hospital with burns over most of his body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5756r, Nov 19, 2009.

1. sevenfootadam

sevenfootadam
    from fresno ca

gods speed brother and remember that to those who love the lord all things are possible may the lord strengthen you and walk with you all the days of your life

2. Ebert

Ebert

God be with you and prayers sent!

3. fanspete

fanspete

Praying for you, Brother.

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

I dont know ya, have no idea what your really like and I dont think we've ever interacted in any way.

What I do know is you are one tough son of a bitch and you've got my admiration. Hang in there, you may be a long way from finished but I hope the worst is behind you.

5. hemikev

hemikev

I dont know the man , nor his family , but from Tamara and myself we hope for the best ,, prayers and a speedy recovery are with him and his family.. Kev

6. odins701

odins701

Thanks everyone! All packed and ready to go. special thanks to Norm, Eric Cashwell, and my lovely wife Maureen Golby for getting me all packed and ready to go! Thanks for the packed lunch Nicole O'Toole
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. INTRUDER

INTRUDER
    from NW Indiana

God bless him and watch over him..

8. basicbob

basicbob

Back in 1968 I was stationed in San Antonio & watched many a soldier come back from Vietnam to the U.S. Army burn center. No one knows real pain until they are burned!

Stay tough, prayers to you & your family. Bob

9. odins701

odins701

exciting news: the top nerve center "mayo clinic Rochester MN" called today to say they have reviewed my records and i'm a candidate for nerve work! I have initial appointments set for june 18 and 19! Hurray!

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is good news.

11. Fantastic Cliff!! Great news!

12. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Great news and praying for the best. Jack

13. odins701

odins701

14. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Prayers sent................

15. belair

belair

Good for you. People who persevere inspire me. You may not think of it as such, but your courage is contagious. Prayers for you interviews and tratment.

16. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I never imagined that when this first happened,I would end up being down too, glad to see you are better,i hope you got my air cleaners i sent up, Chandler striped them

17. jays41willys

jays41willys
    from nj

hi

hope he get better

18. odins701

odins701

:( I sure didn't! I've been trying to get with 5756r since I left the hospital but I cannot reach him. I hope he is ok.

19. 26 roadster

26 roadster

20. odins701

odins701

me 2, thanks Jay.

are you ok? what happened?

its this song that keeps me going https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3YrNSw5a2I :D

and appreciated!

21. rfraze

rfraze

Prayers sent.

Thanks, also sent, for the blessing we received in the form of a forward about treating burns IMMEDIATELY with EGG WHITES.
    Not long after, my stupidity intersected with gas in a can and fire, resulting in burns to ear and chin. I was lucky! THE EGG WHITES WORKED!!! After just dobbing it on, I experienced very little pain. With only two more applications, there was no scarring.

We pray for Odins701's complete recovery and that you remember egg whites for ANY burns.

22. God bless you brother. Just sent up a word to the Man upstairs. Best of luck with your rehab.

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I'm ok now, I was riding a schwinn I had just restored, and someone decided to come the wrong way down the turn lane I was in while making a turn, knocked me up in the air and I landed on my head, burst fracture at T-12 I believe, and compressed vertebrae, this was in January, and I was just allowed to stop wearing the brace thing a couple of days ago, I'm working on trying to make the muscles in my back stronger, looks like the vertebra has stabilized at only 50 percent collapse, so surgery isnt needed, at least not now :) still have pain in my legs if I do to much, from what I've found out about this type of fracture, thats something I'll just have to live with

24. odins701

odins701

Wow! Glad you don't need neck surgery! i hate having to settle for less than 100% but we have to sometimes and i found that once i did, i could move on but i only accept it to a degree and keep looking for alternatives. God bless ya and stay strong! :D

25. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I just found this thread. I join all the others who have wished you a speedy recovery.
    Please, keep us posted as to your progress. Attitude means so much and you seem to have the right thing going on.

26. aircoup

aircoup

oh my god hate fire , hope he has a fast and painless as possible recovery

27. Topbliss

Topbliss

bringing this up after months. How is odins? Anyone hear?

28. odins701

odins701

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't updated you all for a while.
    Turns out that there is nothing they can do for nerve repair.
    I've been volunteering at the hospital that saved me and with the fire department an example for kids of what not to do. :D:D
    Anyway, I've been accepted to John Hopkins for clinical trials of the new modular prosthetic arm! I go Oct 20th!
    [​IMG]

https://www.meddium.com/mas/achi3.mp

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...ement-michael-mcloughlin-robotic-arm.cnn.html

Dad is working on my car body, hoping by spring I'll be driving it!

LONG likes this.
  29. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Absolutely incredible technology !!! Go man Go ! You are an inspiration to all !

30. wow! glad you survived that ordeal and then began using what you went through as a learning tool! kudos and good luck on your recovery progress