Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects helped a guy find his stolen 55 today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidh73750, Apr 18, 2013.

1. davidh73750

davidh73750

I'd been seeing an AD in Craigslist in OKC/tulsa/whichita where a guy was looking for his 55 that was lost/stolen by a paint and body guy. I knew the address because a friend of mine rented the shop after this guy. He just got up and left, Cars were in there in various phases. I told my friend who had rented the place to give him a call and he did. This was about January.

Wednesday I see his ads again while strolling for 55 parts. I went back and looked on my computer. I had actually taken pictures of the car. His ads in Craigslist never showed pictures of his car.
    I decided to call him. I said I might have some information to help you. I have pictures of your car at that body shop. I said I kinda know your body guy is and know the guy who rented the shop afterwards.
    I emailed him the pictures. Within hours I saw his ads now with the pictures I had sent.
    less than 24 hours later I got 3 emails from him.
    1. the police contacted him with good information 2nd he was pretty sure he found his car, 3rd positive ID on his car.
    I felt really good I could help this guy out.

Now if I could only help the people out in boston this way

Attached Files:

2. fanspete

fanspete

Your a pretty good feller! Doing good feels good, huh?

3. That is a good story. The thief deserves jail time.

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Stolen, or did the previous body guy just abandon it and leave shop? Odd

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

6. davidh73750

davidh73750

I don't have all the details yet but he said the guy who bought it called him.

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Great to hear something positive for a change!

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

If I'm not mistaken there is a thread on here already about that same 55.

9. davidh73750

davidh73750

10. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Beat me to it. I am sure this fits the story that's on here.

11. Good on you - nice work and nice that there are still some thoughtful people out there

12. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

very lucky ...

13. Love a good ending. JW

14. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

glad to see there are some good people still out there.. nice job.. always feels good to help someone out

15. Wow! What a great ending. Glad to see there are still great people out there.

16. jesse1980

jesse1980

Great that the guy is getting his car back, and yes there is a thread about the car already but that's asking for help finding it. This thread is about a guy helping a guy find his car, same car or not, lets be happy a guy got his stolen car back and lets not bitch about there being another thread already. Great job, thieves suck and I hope the guy gets jail time.

17. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

i saw that ad this morning on cl for my area, glad you could help

18. rustang

rustang

Awesome......great to see you help him get that '55 back...

19. great deal , happy to hear things do work out , even in odd and mysterious ways , Great people are why most of us are here , to be surrounded by hopefully great and honest people

20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Did things "work out"? I still don't see any info from the owner here or the other post to indicate he's gotten his '55 back? Hope he did!

21. Good job! I'd be sick if my '55 was stolen

22. davidh73750

davidh73750

update talked with Kenneth. tonkawa police have his car. He has gone and looked at it and its all there as it was.
    The landlord said the car had been stolen in between renters. Turns out the landlord sold it for $1500 and flat out lied to Ken's face. The new owner's wife saw it on fb and worked for Tonkawa, OK police. He's picking up his car tomorrow

23. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Nice to have a positive ending for a change on one of these stolen car threads. You did good, hopefully the guy who bought it can get his money back.

24. davidh73750

davidh73750

He's going to sue the scum bag land lord if he doesn't pay up

25. Maybe you could help me find my stolen "King Canada 6500 watt gas powered geberator.

26. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

If I remember right one of the posters in the original thread said he felt the landlord wasn't telling all he knew.

Great ending.

27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

No one came across as bitching about anything, Who knows where you dragged that idea from. Some dusty corner of your own imagination.

It was merely pointing out that the car had been mentioned on here before.

And good to see someone helped him recover it.

28. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I noticed something "odd" about this thread, and the other one dealing with this that had the cars VIN posted. The VIN has an "A" in it; "A" is for the baseline, 150 models, and ALL were SEDANS, none were HARDTOPS; NO model 150 HARDTOPS were ever made. The photo posted on this thread is of a HARDTOP. Something's NOT right about the car vs VIN from the start. Just sayin'........ Butch/56sedandelivery.

29. KennyLowe

KennyLowe

With the help of davidh73750 I have located my car. He provided me with the pictures of my car after it was left in the shop in Ponca City Okla, I posted them on facebook on a couple of classified sites with ad about looking for my car, within 24 hours of posting the pictures I recieved a call from Tonkawa Okla police telling me they may have found my car. They wanted to know where vin number was on the body and I told him. He stated that he would go back and check the vin. Not long after talking to him I recieved a call from the a guy that said he has my car. He stated that the guy in Ponca who owned the building where it was left had sold it to him on a bill of sale for $1500. So I went up there today and took title in hand and checked the car and sure enough it's mine. He said I could have it back, so I am going tomorrow with a trailer to get it. Come to find out his wife worked for the Tonkawa police dept. He is a victum just like I am, and he said he wanted me to have my car back. I can't thank David enough for sending me the pictures, and of couse for the guy who has it for letting me get it back. Old car guys are the great. I'm a happy happy happy man today. I want to also thank everyone on here for helping me with your advise. Never never give up if this ever happens to you.
    <!-- / message -->

30. KennyLowe

KennyLowe

looked up reading for vin numbers, it says the "A" tells where the car was made

[​IMG]

"C" shows it to be a belair

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013