Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stupid wind!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60olds98, Apr 17, 2013.

1. We had a lot of wind here lately. I went to open my trunk and the wind grabbed it and now it's tweaked. It used to be perfectly lined up, too. Stupid wind....:mad:

2. belair

belair

You cannot imagine the wind we have had the last 2 months-everyday, all day. Unreal. And I went to school in Lubbock-it's worse than that! Everything you try to do is 10 times more difficult.

3. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Last year I had a 12 x 20 tarp and metal pole frame pull loose and land upside down on the garage like a giant dead bug. I can't believe it didn't scratch anything on the way up or down.

4. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

be glad your not in Wyoming windy 24/7/365

5. You're not kiddin! The sky is solid brown here right now. Being from southern california originally....I don't think I can ever get used to this! Lubbock just got voted worst weather in the country!:eek:

6. It's been real windy here also. Sure is fun dumping all the loose recycle paper in my work truck. I'm sure some of it is going thru Kansas about now.

7. Had some wind here yesterday, lost about 10 shingles off of the garage.

Lee

8. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Wind has caused some real damage every year at the Englishtown Car Show and swapmeet. Flying surfboards off of roofs, transistor radios, pop up tents! You name it.....

9. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Im in El Paso, Tx...we've got
    55 mph winds..my care is in the garage..

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

10. Man,the trunk lid on a 60's Olds is like a s sail on a boat,,stick it up in the air and the wind is gonna catch it. HRP

11. RED-EYE-KUSTOMS

RED-EYE-KUSTOMS
    from CA

Yeah, the wind has sucked big ones here in the Antelope Valley. Only positive thing I can think of is if you need something sand blasted, save your $ and throw your parts out side and let Mother Nature take care of it for you real quick.

12. The town you live in is called "Sandblaster" for a reason. At least you don't live, next door, in "Palmpton", knowhamsayin?

13. Ooooooooklahoma where the wind come sweeping 'cross the plains. Need I say more?

14. jeta12

jeta12

<<< wind snapped a tree limb off and hit the roof of the 50 smashed it in pretty good. My brother has got it back to where it should be need to get it finished....Wind sucks.:(

Eric

15. Wind wrecks stuff, mostly.

16. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Been windy here in Az. the last couple weeks. When it finally stops, temps will probably rise to 105. That's much better.

X2 on the wind in Wy. & SD. Ne. Ks. Ok. Tx...... I've 2 wheeled it across those states in the summer & it can be brutal. I recall a trip in 85 in SD. the wind was sooo bad my buddy's bike couldn't keep up because of the wind. 18 wheelers & motorhomes looked like they were going to tip over. When we finally stop for gas, we ran behind the building to get out of the wind. We still laugh about that one.

17. We had 70 mph gusts here last night with quarter-sized hail in the OKC area. Lawton had three tornadoes touch down in a 45-minute span with softball hail. I tried to call a buddy down there this morning with no luck. Hopefully, things are OK with him.

18. SChotrodder

SChotrodder

Was born and raised in Lawton OK, still have friends and family out there. Hope everyone there is ok. Also heard a tornado hit the Goodyear plant there.

19. Jimm56

Jimm56

Duck! That weather is headed Houston way! Supposed to be here in a couple of hours.

20. elba

elba

Had a bad storm that blew in the bottom of my 10 ft roll up door and played havock with everything in the garage.

21. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

First rule of Texas - never open both car doors at the same time. it will clean out your car in less than a second.

I recently learned that on a trip to Dublin Tx.

Godspeed
    MrC.

22. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Been windy in AZ too yesterday over 60 mph along I-40, over the weekend something chipped the windshield in my '54 sitting in the driveway turned into a full length crack top to bottom :( ,hope I can find a good used one but no luck so far.

23. I ain't no body guy, but I was able to realign the truck lid. It wasn't as bad as I thought. All is well again.

24. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Yeah those Oldsmobiles are TUFF brother!