Register now to get rid of these ads!

canfield ohio swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skinner784, Apr 16, 2013.

1. skinner784

skinner784

i was thinking of going to the canfield ohio swap meet on may the 3 4 5 i have never been and was wondering if it was worth going to if anyone has ever been and what it is like there thanks

2. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Very good swap meet .Huge car coral.Lots of venders .alot of good prices.well worth the trip. The guys in our club set up a couple spots every year. Bring your Hot Rod on Sunday and park it in the free car show and you get in free to the swap meet. Did I mention also a lot of good food ..

3. flthd31

flthd31

Been here quite a few times. It's a big one but you've got to search hard to find the old vintage stuff that HAMBers like. That said, I've found a few treasures there at very low prices.
    As already mentioned....lots of vendors and lots of food!
    Always enjoyed it. If the weather's nice, you'll love it.

4. bigvinny

bigvinny

not the same since the world wide web, lots of late model junk yard stuff and chinesse tools. but that goes for most swap meets. but its pretty big and you never know what you might find. car corral is good.

5. papajohn

papajohn

Its a 3+ hr drive for.me.and I have been going for around ten years. Definately worth the trip.
    It tends to have a lot of Camaro and muscle car crap, so sometimes you have to dig. With the economic downturn, it seemed like last falls meet had more vendors. The infirld usually.has the best stuff, its the area where the last minute guys set up, the main part is all of the regulars so you see the same crap year after sometimes.

Go for it.

6. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

SO true.... I don't even go to it anymore. I don't go to any unless I am bored... Sad but true. Someones over priced stuff. Chinese tools.

7. skinner784

skinner784

Hey thanks guys I know eople will he packing on Sunday but due to work its the only day I can go so hoping I can find some of the stuff I need

8. 6-71

6-71

I am about 1 hour away,I have been going to this swap meet for years.I have made some good deals there on old parts. Since I retired a couple of years ago,I try to go on friday.It's not as crowded and you can actually talk to the venders about their parts.The car corral is usually quite full,but I don't bother looking as I can't afford to buy a complete vehicle.If you don't want chinese tools or mustang parts it is easy enough to just keep walking past them.

9. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Good way to waste a day. I've found some treasures and also made a 2 hour trip home empty.:D

10. Ha, one time I bought some crazy big tug boat rope just to not be empty handed on the 3 hr ride. It later turned into a really nice climbing rope for the kids on one of the big maples.

11. toolewab

toolewab
    from london

its pretty big and you never know what you might find.[​IMG]

12. deaconjwh

deaconjwh
    from Parma, OH
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Last year seemed to be bursting at the seams thanks to good weather. I came away with something for the car instead of just a Superboli Stromboli for lunch. A great way to spend a day in good weather hangin with friends.

13. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I have vended there for over 15 years at all 3 meets. The spring is the best turnout, in fact spaces are sold out. You will miss some vendors by not going until Sunday but if you go early you will catch 65% or so still there Sunday morning
    The point is if you go LOOK and ASK....people who piss and moan they can't find anything are those who walk around with their hands in their pockets and expect the exact shit they seek to fall off the table in front of them. The vendors don;t know what you are looking for so wear a sign....or look other than what is on the table...Stop over in the hay grain building and sign the Hamb banner on my space moonlight Movies

14. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

The spring show is always biggest, pending weather. Last year, the fairgrounds were busting at the seams it was so packed with vendors.
    Weather pending...lol
    If you can only go sunday, better get there by 8am, because what vendors left start packing by noon.
    Summer show is smallest, and then fall show is decent.

15. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

all packed to go, heading up Friday afternoon to set up. Hay Grain Building right inside the door, look for the HAMB banner, stop and sit a spell if you need a break. Vendor spaces sold out except for the track area. It will be packed as weather looks good.

16. John T.

John T.

Lots of vendors! Had a great time, met a lot of people and sold most of my junk.

17. Complete bust on my shopping list.
    6 lug slots
    Old weiand rear blower plate & carb plate
    34 ford radiator
    9" locker center section
    Some ot stuff.

Still a great time and the place was full of venders

18. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Record crowd this year....vendors and buyers....did well on sales Met a couple new (to me) hambers too.
    Next one for me Dunkirk NY in 2 weeks

19. Flop

Flop

did well myself !

30-31 roadster cowl for 70 :eek:
    a very nice model a rear fender for 30 :D:D
    a piece of a tudor cowl with nice subframe extensions for 10 ! :)