Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Curious what all you hambers do for work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Certified Real Estate Appraiser - The wonderful world of rats, bats, and spiders. I work Chicagoland from the Gold Coast $1,000,000 + condos to the ghetto $40,000 1,150 sq. ft. single family; new construction to falling in on itself.

I also do custom awnings and auto upholstery out of my house. 20 years experience.

2. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

I pimp shopping carts and backroom equipment to retailers.

3. Currently a Land Surveyor pursueing my Professional License. Educated as an Architectural/Mechanical Engineer and have EIT status. Part time home repair man, and Sheep hearder/Labor bitch.

Geno

4. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

Dude - then you know all aobut rupture discs!

5. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Professional Hurricane Target...
    sometimes we do artwork!

6. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Own a business with my youngest son designing and building dust suppression equipment and electrical control systems. Started this business when I retired after 30 years in the power plant business. I like my hours now better than b4. :D

7. johnboyrox

johnboyrox
    from Ottawa, KS

For the last 5 years, Network administrator. Before this I was:

peach picker, farmer, bus-boy, Janitor, Singer/Banjo Player, Package Handler/Lumper, Assemblyman (bucket trucks and digger derricks), Welder/Grinder (Stainless), Brake Press Operator/Setup, Fork Truck Driver, Electric Motor Builder (GE), Inventory Cage Attendant, upholsterer, Construction sub-contractor, Cabinet-Maker, P.O.S. Installer, owned my own computer business, and mechanic.

But after turning 30 this year and having 14 addresses in the last 12 years, I have finally stayed somewhere for a while. I like this job because it changes every day and doesn't get boring, and I found out that your job doesn't make you who you are.

8. squirrel

squirrel

I lounge around the house, my wife goes off to her high paying gummint job every morning.

9. Milner

Milner

Juvenile Probation Officer, freelance Photographer, and some fab work on the side....

10. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

Went to school to design either chassis or powertrains for Ford; ended up running a company that 'tunes up' auto plants. Thought i'd end up bein' an engineer - now there's a whole bunch of 'em reporting to me.

scary.

11. plan9

plan9

hey terry, i was wondering if you could tell me about some of the guidance systems you work on.

i just want my remote controlled airplane to fly on its own via GPS data, honest. :D

12. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

-----------> Barber<-------------

13. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie

Official title is: Supervisor of Field Operations.

I manage a group of guys that install and maintain business telephone equipment from 4 phones to over 20,000 phones (bet ya can’t guess who that one is, okay a hint, the largest greeting card company in the world).

FF

15. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Operating Texas Thunder Performance down here in Frisco, Tx...about 20 minutes north of Dallas. Doing a bit of everything, but specializing in Nostalgia Super Stock cars.
    Aircraft Art on the side..but lately too lazy to work on anything new.
    Will be in Memphis for the NMCA (PRO/Edelbrock) Worlds Finals Oct 6-8...and Houston for the Lonestar Shootout the weekend after....ya can't miss us...big Texas flag, Ford flag and a red 63 Galaxie...

Stop by...beer is on me.
    Mark

16. dixiedog

dixiedog

Licensed General Contractor in Florida - I will build anything from a fountains, custom homes, hurricane protection, to high rises and water plants. Built reverse osmosis water treatment plants and sewage treatment plants all over Florida from 1989 to 2003 "Your shit is my bread & butter":rolleyes:

Work part time, contract work to a local utility managing the budget and schedule for $169 million project.

17. rsg2506

rsg2506

The exciting world of Database Administration. People just love to here my exciting work stories about data storage and system performance. ;)

Some day I hope to be a free lance gynecologist!

18. atomickustom

atomickustom

College professor. Dad, Uncle, and Grandpa were machinists.

19. teach'm

teach'm
    from Tucson, AZ

My "normal" job is teaching 5th grade in Corona De Tucson. I have taken an unpaid leave of absence for this school year to be a stay at home dad for our first child (a boy), who is now almost 6 months old. After my leave expires, my plan is to return to teaching.

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

21. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

I work part/time at a local hot rod shop bead blasting, sanding, sweeping, parts selling, parts organizing, and I am going to school for business/business law.

22. Winfab

Winfab

I worked in the water treatment industry....everything from residential to medical applications. Now I do steel fabrication (paint fixtures for an automotive supplier's robot paint booths) and sell hot rod and race parts.

23. Model40-770

Model40-770
    from LOUISIANA

.............Work offshore...........for about 7 years now........engine man....ARCH ROWAN..............We lost 1 rig in katrina.........it is now official we lost 4 with rita................

24. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

I'm a hosie, I mean fireman. I get to go into someones house, break stuff, cut holes in the roof and squirt water all over the place, then they thank me. It's a pretty good gig.

j-jock and 100% Matt like this.
  25. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

Very cool, your company is the reason I have been spending way too much $$$ on since the 80's! Gotta love MAC!

iPod & iTunes development huh? Got a couple of suggestions, wanna hear em? :D

26. jdubbya

jdubbya

I am a highly paid underwear model.:D

Actually I work for a small manufacturing plant. I usually split my time between truck driving and welding. I have been know as the shop's "jack of all trades."

I am still in a constant search for the perfect job.... wherever it is.

27. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

I'm a general contractor, home improvment mostly

28. bettyvixin

bettyvixin

union welder... and im working on starting my own welding buisness on the side.

29. gdub

gdub

High School Computer Graphics teacher, western artist

30. mikes51

mikes51

Industrial Designer. Now working freelance and semi retired. I've designed a variety of things from arcade game cabinets to medical equipment housings.

[​IMG]

On a side note, it's a small world. In the 1980's I worked on a video game called 720. We built a half pipe at the company and had pro skateboarders come in and perform. This performance was video taped and was part of the design process for making a game. One of the skaters that came in to perform was our own hamb'er CAB.