Register now to get rid of these ads!

Issue #39 of Rolls & Pleats out now!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jerry_Rolls&Pleats, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Hi everyone!

At long last, issue #39 of the mag is currently being printed, and should be ready to ship by the end of the week. For ordering info, please send me a PM specifying your country, or email me at: [email protected]

You may have noticed that in the past couple of years the release dates of Rolls & Pleats have been pretty inconsistent to say the least. With the global economic crisis combined with the rise of internet, the sales of all printed magazines have dropped quite a bit... and when you already have a very low circulation (compared to magazines that are in the newstands) that means it's just not economically viable anymore. So I launched myself into other business activities, which is why I haven't had much time to dedicate to the magazine. But even though the mag doesn't bring much money (if any at all!), I want to continue doing it just for the fun.

Rolls & Pleats used to be a quarterly publication... now it's been nearly a year since the release of the previous issue, and it might be the same until another one comes out. So please be patient, but whenever an issue comes out I'll pack it with the latest car show coverage and some cool features.

It's not impossible that I release another issue earlier than that, but I can't guarantee anything. It will depend on how much free time I get. In the future, though, I'd love to go back to more regular publications - hopefully that will be possible!

Because of such irregular release dates, I've stopped accepting new subscriptions already a while ago. So unless you're already subscribed to the mag, you'll have to mail order each copy individually… or just pick it up from one of our vendors.

Thanks to everyone for the continuing support,

Jerry

Here's a preview of most pages from this issue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Please don't let it die! I love this magazine and am proud to own every issue. Thanks for the update...I can't wait!

3. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

4. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Nice. Thanks, Jerry.
    Slim

5. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Thanks for the nice words! I sure won't let it die, the mag is so much fun to do... it's like my baby, what kind of parent would let their baby die?! :D

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Rad!!! Looks like another great issue with great coverage!

Support the print media especially the "little guys"!!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Rem

Rem

I'll second loveoftiki. I've bought R&P from the first issue, and although I've let some other mag subscriptions slide, I always look forward to the new issue - I was only asking Graham at AAM about this a couple of days ago.

8. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Anxiously awaiting for them to arrive at the vendor down the road!

9. x2!!

10. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

Looks like a great issue..................and Nick is going to shit his pants that his roadster is in it from Jalopyrama.:D

11. Sweet! I was just wondering about it the other day. Hadn't got one from my subscription in a while. No big deal! Happy you got another one out!

12. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Awesome cant wait to get it!

13. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

And Nick almost did shite his dickies!

14. Retro61

Retro61

Really hope you can keep it goin! I love this little Mag!!

15. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Great magazine, happy to see it back!

16. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Great to see some local stuff in there! Looking forward to it.

17. Awesome Jerry! I'm glad to see another issue out. Looks like another great one.

Thanks for the coverage on the Chemical City Coupe. I'm honored to be included.

I'll have to pick up several copies to show my future grand kids that I was cool once. LOL.

18. fat141

fat141

19. Man good taste runs rampant on this site ha-ha

20. Ordering my copies to pass around all those who helped on the Dragster...

21. Jerry, good to see the next issue on its way...........have been suffering withdrawl symptoms, you do a really nice magazine and am looking forward to getting this issue........I get mine thru Wayne Hadfield @ Kustom Ink here in Oz....he'll be pleased too......keep up the good work, thanks, Andy Douglas

22. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Very Cool and I wish you great success.

Remember our past is very important to our future as Hot Rodder's

I love the cover car!!!!!!!!

Best Regards Jimbo

23. Jerry always enjoy rolls and pleasts from the very first one.enjoy it more then the big guys mags when i sold off a lot of my mags i said hell no to of selling my rolls and pleats

24. MODELAHEMI

MODELAHEMI

Jerry,thanks for the coverage and pics of my ride.what a privilege to be in you mag. I would like 3 copies of this issue.how do i pay for them?

John gottier

25. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

Thanks for the comments guys!! :)

PM sent

26. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Cool to see a couple of local HAMB "Heros" in there...Dave50 & Leadsledmerc. Congrats fellers!!!

27. BadLuck

BadLuck

Thanks for the little write up on my 52 Jerry.. love this mag.. you have HUGE support here on the HAMB.. awesome work!

28. Like many I had been wondering where it had gone, good to see its still kicking Jerry. Been on board since issue 1 and its one of the very few mags I still buy. Always top notch.

29. It looks to be a great issue as usual, Jerry! Keep up the good work, 1 or 2 issues per year is much better than none at all! Keep it going, you are doing a wonderful job!

To anyone who hasn't seen it, this is one of the best magazines out there, and I am fortunate enough to have every issue. We need to support people like this who are putting their time and effort into creating a quality publication (and doing so without the backing of a huge corporation, and at their own expense). Buy a copy, you won't be disappointed!

30. Anything new coming from you Justin?