Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Cadillac Chop!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flop, Jul 24, 2011.

1. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

no major updates until the summer. But had the car out in the sunshine today and decided on two last little changes. Then the customizing is done and i can start on the restoration.
    I decided to put the hood ornament back on. i'll fabricate a strip down the center of the hood that will continue the line on the ornament and taper it to a point. I'm going to move the hood ornament forward about 2 inches and angle it up slightly. Gives it alittle more attitude.
    The last change i decided on was to lower the skirts a bit. Maybe about 2 inches. I may remove the small lip on the skirts. Not sure. Here's some photoshop pics.

The first step in the restoration is to get it running reliably. It's my daily driver. Full motor and trans rebuild and new wiring harness. Then removable hardtop. Then paint.

PS - I need a piece of body trim. The chrome body trim piece that goes on the door. Either side. I'm going to chop it to fit the continuation of the body trim to the new vent opening. Same as Roger did. If anyone has a spare to sell, I'm a buyer. Thanks.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. TJratz

TJratz

3. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

Minor update: I'm smoothing the firewall. Removed the stock heating motors and duct work. Probably 100 pounds of crap. Later i'll put in a modern heat/AC unit under the dash. Need to patch panel everything next.
    I also removed the autronic eye sensors and wiring.
    Keeping the stock motor and suspension. Just static drop.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. grease4life

grease4life

Yeah Ted! Glad to see your making progress. You in CA yet?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I see you removed the "box" on the side of the firewall (below the firewall side brace)...you shouldn't have...that's a perfect place to put in one 6" X 9" speaker and hide it with the kick panel...and one on the other side...or aren't you having a huge stereo...???

R-

6. caddysi

caddysi

Amazing work, mate. Looks stunning! Apparently, mine was lowered by heating the springs and watching her drop...mmm gonna be strong then.Not. Got a front end rebuild going as soon as the parts get here, with 'shockwave' air-shocks in the front, and looking for advice from anyone as far as air-over-leaf kits go. Gonna have to be a 'universal' fitting but no idea as to spec. Anyone??

7. grease4life

grease4life

Not sure what you measurement is, but you may be a able to use the piece that went on the 4 door rear trim extension. Not sure if 4 door parts = cheaper or easier to find but...

8. grease4life

grease4life

9. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

sold. the new owner lives on Long Island NY. He'll be continuing the build thread.