Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cup holders in a hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Lee, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Cissel

Chris Cissel
    from Fresno Ca

Check out hotrodleather.com. He is a hamb alliance.member.

2. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I like them too. You can tell how hard you corner by how far they swing out.:D

Google bar bouy or caddie-bouy you can still buy them.

[​IMG]

3. sedanbob

sedanbob

Not very HAMB friendly, but I bought two drop-in cupholders from a boat/RV dealer, then built a fiberglass frame to hold them.

Attached Files:

4. Judd

Judd

Kevin
    Red Green would be proud of you! I have to go by the refrigeration supply house in the morning think I'll get a cup holder for the Galaxie while I'm there.
    Judd

A friend got one out of some Toyota (Land Cruiser maybe) that screws under the dash and slides out for use. Works great in his 64 Nova.

5. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

I make these out of harness leather...They snap on & off, so you can just mash 'em flat and put 'em under the seat. They come in a several colors.

They're not for everybody, someone said they were a little too "S & M" looking...well all I got to say is "Whip me, bite me, beat me...but respect me."

EW

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

When you shut the door the drink spills out all over you. Dumbest place, ever, for a cup holder. Gary

7. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I made mine from 3x2 1/2 exhaust reducers a can fits perfect in the 2 1/2 ' part (bottom) and a can with a cosy on it fits the 3" (upper) part,and any take-out coffee cup fits. Welded them to a flat piece that bolts to the floor & welded pieces between them for a little compartment for smokes,sunglasses,etc

Tried to upload a pic,but no luck???

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well hell I'll add to a zombie post. I thought those 2 circles on the inside of the glovebox door were for cups.

9. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I made this one out of a couple of pieces of PVC pipe and a chunk of PVC trim. It's solvent welded together and faired in with a little epoxy
    [​IMG]
    It's mounted to the inside of the glove box door on my 40 Ford PU and slides inward to let the door close when it's not in use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also added the circular style door check that limits the glovebox door opening to 90 degrees so it acts like a base for the beverage of choice.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  10. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

11. I leave a roll of duct tape on the floor, and the cup sits in that. When I'm done, the roll goes back under the seat, for its next use.

12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

you left the "eat a donut/krystal" part:D

13. desotot

desotot

Pick line and I.V. Dangle it from the rearview mirror, you can probably get some used stuff at the local hospital for free.

14. BINGO! label on or off both good.

15. The only problem with the roll of duct tape is after you have had a couple too many adult beverages while your team is losing the AFC playoff game and your driving your buddy home who wont stop ribbing you cause his team won that roll of duct tape will somehow end up going thru the windshield. Happened in a blue 61 Ford van I owned in 1985.

16. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Man that is a great idea right there. Think I will have to make a few of those.....

17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I've seen them still being sold at the Boat Marina

18. Colville

Colville

I bought a VW cup holder basket deal that fits over the transmission hump. Just bent the bottom to fit in my olds. Works good for me. ImageUploadedByTJJ1365733214.208004.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. wendoverwill

wendoverwill

Here is what I made for my F1.

20. wendoverwill

wendoverwill

Woops, No pics.

Attached Files:

21. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

For summer use...once when facing a looong trip in an old car on a 100 degree day, I built a cool drink system: Insulated gallon jug of frozen lemonade strapped down on back seat, long hose forward with a wire hook to hold the end to dash within reach. At one point I nearly drowned...I had the hose in my mouth as I slammed the thing down from 80 to go into a toll booth. I think there was lemonade spouting out of both ears...
    Now, for future reference, I have a military canteen hose made for soldiers wearing gasmasks, long hose with a bite valve at the mouth end...I really like it when I get good tech from my tax dollars! Makes war seem really worthwhile!

22. Cerberus

Cerberus

My significant other asked if she could use my truck. I told her yes. As long as you don't put your cup holder in it. I told her the suspension is stiff and you are going to need all the support you can get.

Attached Files:

23. Poesrodandcustom

Poesrodandcustom
    from Kentucky

LMAO! Great visual.

24. slychamp

slychamp
    from Qc ca

a reverse ABS toilet flange work for me:)

Attached Files:

25. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

I like those gimbaled cup holders out of boats, and most of them just slide into a little reciever, and if you are seriously worried about looks, you can put 'em under the seat.

26. Here's one I made for my 40 PU, two used 1950's Offy pistons.

Attached Files:

27. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

You could try one of these, I don't know about storing it under the seat or mounting it in the glove compartment tho. I here they're super expensive too.
    cup holder.jpg
    :cool:
    Scotty

28. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

got this one from CGKid and we've never seen another one

Attached Files:

29. In my roadster, 28 Model A, I could never find one that I was able to effectivly hide and still use. I found a long one, 12 inches, but narrow, at Pep boys. Holds 2 cups and is size adjustable. I mounted it to the floor just in front of the seat pan. If there is no cup in it it is almost invisible because of the black carpet

30. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

I don't have any pics but I took a piece of a landscape timber and cut a hole in it large enough to hold a large plastic glass. I sanded it and give it a coat of stain followed by a coat or two of polyurethane. This was set on the tunnel. For some reason I never spilled anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.