Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for the history!

2. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Nope! check the "Jungle Pam" thread, she sure looks like the same woman to me. :D

3. The face! the face!:rolleyes:

4. lostmind

lostmind

I've enjoyed this from the beginning , thought I'd add a few.

Attached Files:

5. silverking

silverking
    from UK

It was known as the Reichenberg and it killed many of its pilots whilst trying to land. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-1_flying_bomb

6. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

It is "Jungle Pam" Hardy. She was employed by "Jungle Jim" Lieberman as his back up assistant. Use your imagination here. A bigger crowd pleaser could not be imagined. Jungle Jim was, IMHO, the most creative guy when it came to promoting himself and his stable of funny cars. Jungle Pam was as big an attraction as was Jim and the funny cars he raced. Seeing a funny car storm down the strip was exciting, but seeing Pam running along in front of it in her short shorts, boots and un-fettered top was something a young, wishful thinking all-American guy could ever hope for. And to boot, she was as friendly and nice a person as one could ever hope to meet. On a par with Linda Vaughn. Check out the thread for Jungle Pam, it is great.

Ahhhhhhhhh, those were the days...

7. silverking

silverking
    from UK

Sure is: http://www.junglepam.com/

Tip: If you are curious about a picture open a new browser tab, select 'Images', go back to the photo, left mouse click and drag the photo to the other tab dropping it onto the little camera logo. Google will then, if at all possible, find all references to the photo with web sites referencing it. I find it a great way of quickly working out the history of some of these photos without having to ask. :cool:

8. chubbie

chubbie

this fine young lady IS NOT PAM HARDY!!!!!!!!!!!

9. FI-62

FI-62

This is Jungle Pam, girl friend of the late Jungle Jim Lieberman

10. Guys, that woman is NOT PAM.
    NEWS FLASH for you younger guys! The 70's were FULL of gorgeous, uninhibited young women! They were EVERYWHERE!
    Not every woman on a dragstrip in the 70's was Pam Hardy, WTF is wrong with kids these days! Jeeeez.

11. The stunning Barbara Roufs....

Attached Files:

12. Now there ya go!

13. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

...Oh yeah, "Jungle Barb" :D

14. kaiserken

kaiserken

You nailed it!

15. Paul B

Paul B

Was she married to Austin Coil ?

16. map

map

17. I Wish:eek:

[​IMG]

18. I can't say, there's very little info on her. There was a Barbara Coil, perhaps who you're thinking of?

Attached Files:

19. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

20. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

[​IMG]

This photo shows Jules Verne Allen posed at this Firestone Service Station in Albuquerque, New Mexico with his faithful terrier, Jerry, sometime in the early 1930′s.

On The Old Motor we have four more fascinating photos of this Firestone Tire Store complete with auto parts, service areas and a recapping department that you are sure to enjoy.

21. Chris Garner

Chris Garner

It is disputed as to whether the prisoner actually is Harold " Jim " Greasley but an unknown Soviet man. He is certainly wearing a Russian field cap.
    However I agree; whoever he was, he showed great courage to face up to Himmler. If not Greasley, then let's hope he survived.

1937 chev likes this.
  22. empire

empire

I agree.

23. redsdad

redsdad

The first picture is Barbara Coil. Her face does not look like the face in the photo in question IMHO. A little bit tougher as most of the shots I could find only showed the back of her head. Most of the front shots have her wearing glasses. Again, IMHO, I do not believe Barbara Roufs is/became Barbara Coil.

The second photo is Jungle Pam without distractions. Clearly not the face in the photo in question.

Last two photos are Barbara Roufs from the photo in question (again, without distractions). Clearly not Jungle Pam. Probably not Barbara Coil.

Regardless, all of them attractive women in their own way.

Attached Files:

24. distractions? is that what they are called now?

25. lewislynn

lewislynn

[​IMG]

Hey, she could round off a guys nuts doing that like that.

26. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Barbara Roufs and Barbara Coil were definitely not the same person. Barbara Coil didn't have any where near the chest Barbara Roufs had. BTW, Barbara Roufs passed away in the last couple years.

27. refried confusion

refried confusion

o0o

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  28. bsaschields

bsaschields
    from NYC

29. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

554717_10151540295434293_1744308061_n.png

Hy-Lite Park ,,,,,amusement park circa 1960 ,,Geelong ,Australia,,,

30. Cougar67

Cougar67
    from Central VA

[​IMG]
    south Wellfleet MA[/QUOTE]

Ahh the power of Google. This station used to sit on Route 6 through Cape Cod. In the summer of 1980 me and my coworkers at a restaurant got off work at 1 a.m. and piled into a huge '66 Chevy and went to Wellfleet Beach. The car's owner ran short of gas, and unfamiliar with the area all 6 or 7 of us sat upright in the car all night waiting for this station to open. Hilarious. It was very 1930's looking even then. It had flowers growing in those window boxes. I passed it many times afterward and always thought it resembled a station in an Edward Hopper painting. It turns out that it is the same station he painted in the 1930's. Apparently the station was destroyed in 2010.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100329/NEWS/3290307&Template=photos

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...fficials_debate_preserving_1920s_gas_station/

Thanks for the memories Google and Swi66.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.