Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Alllllll the Longroofs.....Let's see 'em boys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Me too, i hear that a lot. the Tri-Fives are just so well known, everyone thinks they were the only ones. i just point out the 59 wagons were the top of the food chain, slightly more expensive than the convertible

2. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Which was about as consequential as the Pinto Squire...

-KK

3. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

HA! After I posted that I remembered I probably need to remind people that it's Kramer's immortal words, not Michael Richards' :D

4. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

OT. Nice Stude pickup truck!

5. And some people think because it's a 55,56,57 two door handyman wagon, it is a Nomad. That's OK, we are teachers.

6. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

I get that all the time. I tell someone that I have a '58 2 door wagon, and they reply "Oh, you've got a Nomad!" No...I don't.

7. Cortney

Cortney

Was Yeoman the only 2dr 58 wagon?

8. Yeomans came in 2 and 4 door wags. The other 2 door was a sedan delivery.

9. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Well, we got her home. Lola, the lil' ole wagon. Pics all around on my album. I don't have a public photo page, so I can't post directly.

The loan process was a 5 hour cluster, but at least the car didn't give me any unpleasant surprises. Just 50 miles of learning to drive an old car again. :rolleyes:

Needs front shocks terribly and the front brakes likely need a cleaning out. The speedometer was reading wayyy off. Like 15mph off high. So for those of you who say a flattie 6 can't move, I'm here to tell you I had that 170ci engine doing 80mph! At least indicated. I'll have to ask someone nearby in the know what's up with that? Couple of unexpected surprises with brake lights and turn signals not wanting to work right, we'll see Saturday how the wires are looking at their ends back there.

Otherwise, I'm a tired, happy puppy. Period tags tomorrow.

10. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Cool man, BTW you don't need a photo account to post photos here, just click on "Go Advanced" below the comment box and click on "Manage attachments" to pick and upload a photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rat nasty

rat nasty

my 57' 2 dr. del rio is up for grabs if anybody is interested? feel free to call 502-387-2423 "Tadd" text or pm me? rolling or turn key?

12. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

'62 Falcon wagon barn find.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  13. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Thanks for the tip, LN7

14. Wow, what a clean looking Lark wagon! Exact same exterior color as the one I had. My upholstery was red to this one's blue. Kudos on such a nice looking wagon.

15. Veach

Veach

16. Awesome. I love these old wagons. There is a guy with a 1958 Chevy wagon around these parts. He takes it up to the cruise night every now and again. I always stop to check it out. Way more interesting than your average over-restored 1957 Chevrolet.

Attached Files:

17. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

This '53 Plymouth Suburban is going to be my next project...[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  18. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Very clean look! I have to say, after looking at all these wagons and seeing yours, my plan is to do a similar scheme with my Lark, only using blue tone instead of red.

I'm just not sure if I'm going with the darker or lighter blue color for that year. The interior has both colors in it, so I could use either tone.

19. I am working on a 56 buick special station also! A nd i dont know how to post picture of her .Got pictures but dont know how to post them lol.Bruce.

20. raymay

raymay

One of my old 37 Chevy custom conversion from a delivery into a window family cruiser.
    My old bone stock 55 Chevy 2dr 150 Handyman Wagon.
    Current project (a little too new for HAMB) a 66 Malibu that I am converting into a 2dr Nomad.

Attached Files:

21. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I like the wagon, but LOVE those mags. Can anyone identify the brand and model?

22. american racing s200 wheels

23. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Thank you! I may not be able to afford a set soon, but I'll definitely start saving for them.

I think this is today's only question...I'd never seen the colored window tints like are on a couple of wagons on this thread, they're either clear green or clear blue.
    Is this a film that's applied or what? Is this something you can just order and put on yourself?

24. whisky runner

whisky runner

is that a 59 pontiac wagon..front clip on a 59 chevy ..just dont look right.. but it looks good

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, sure is...looks like it fits well...and the fins look good on a Pontiac...

Or is it: 'the Pontiac front clip looks good on '59 Chevy fins'...???

R-

26. whisky runner

whisky runner

looks to be more chevy than pontiac..wonder how it registered..:).. i wish i didnt see that..now my wheels are turning..

a 59 chevy clip on a 59 pontiac wagon..:).. i only have 5 projects..one more wont hurt i guess..ha ha ha ha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

That's sad. I saw that wagon scrolling along and it caught my eye, but I just saw a 2 tone, red over black Pontiac wagon and those rims. I guess it's the whole package of original faded red paint, the flat black primered front clip and those flat rough finished rims. A nice balance of rough looking and put together.

I did not notice the rear fins were out of place.

28. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

[​IMG] DSCF5387.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  29. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

30. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95