Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the f'n gospel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daddy's Toy, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy's Toy

Daddy's Toy
    from Pburg NJ

You know, I grew up around cars and car guys. I know what to expect.
    But, I sat down for a freakin hour reading the rules and expectations on Jalopy Journal when I first signed up so that I didn't foul up.
    I'm not perfect, maybe I forget a rule or 2, but I NEVER forget common courtesy.

Some guys are downright rude, pushy, and discourteous.

If you're one of them, don't bother to PM me.

2. Daddy's Toy

Daddy's Toy
    from Pburg NJ

Especially if you want to buy parts from me. HFS.

3. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What happened DT?

5. A thick skin,a good sense of humor, and the ability to ignore stupid comments will go a llllllooooonnngg way on here!

6. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Unfortunately, it's what the world has come to these days. Way too many assholes stealin' good oxygen that think they're "special" somehow, and that the rules don't apply to them. DD

7. ^^^^^ding ding ding...."the correct answer"^^^^^

8. Fenders

Fenders

Thin skinned seller?

edit: rubberrodder beat me to it

9. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Want some cheese with that whine?

10. Unfortunately, if you stopped the planet to throw all the douchebags off, we'd be so much lighter we'd probably sail right out of the solar system.

Illegitimi non carborundum!

11. hot rodders:they used to be manly tough guys now they are facebook,twitter drama queens.

12. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Assholes are everywhere and the good men are dying off.

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stupid comments? Oh...you mean like "PM sent BAM!!!" And a link to the Barney site. And "You want some cheese with that whine?" Yup...stupid.

Some seem to get pleasure from trying to egg on other members. Petty-minded and lame. Some even have the gall to get agressive with PMs.

By the same token, hating back does no good, or bitching about it here. Leave the hating to the asshats...it's their forte...their "talent". If it's that bad, just report it to the mods.

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wrong. You've bought into the movie hype. Hot rodders were generally modest, decent, considerate, and helpful. If you think that being mean makes you manly, you've got some growing up to do.

15. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Looks to me like he joined the HAMB just to sell cars and parts.

16. Baggs

Baggs

I was thinking the same thing. It goes back to the, "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all" Everyone is so tough and not scared of anything while sitting in front of the keyboard....... in one ear out the other is all I have to say about the stupid replies and stupid posts...

17. If you wanna see my gospel, I'll have to charge you for it. :rolleyes:

18. saltracer219

saltracer219

Rickybop, your right. If these assholes would spend half the time in the garage that they do trying to put the hammer down on well meaning members maybe they would get something done on their projects. Hell maybe most of them don't even have hot rods or do their own work!!

19. Is it that time of the month already?:rolleyes:

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'll never understand how someone can get pissed by something said in a forum site? And then, cry about it on the same site! Half... noa LOT of the crap tossed around here is bullshit anyway. If you can't ignore the crap or it makes you kick your dog.... log off and go build something.

Vagina.

21. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I predict this thread will be closed soon...

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And he even got the ok from Ryan. Give him some time to share some constructive input here. Right now, he's trying to sell his deceased father's stuff, and I'm sure he doesn't need any additional grief...like being called a "vagina". Jeez.

23. I used to spend a ton of time here, got burned out last year. I got sick of negativity. I left for about 10 months. The last couple weeks I've started to spend more time here. I've missed this place.....with time you'll figure out who the A-holes are and who to ignore.

There are ALOT of great people here, don't let a few bad eggs scare you away. It took me almost a year to realize this.

24. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

( With the beat Forrest gump voice i can do)....Momma always said, if ya ain't for nothin nice to say, don't say anything all...

Some people thrive on being ignorant... It's a shame but it is what it is... Unfortunately

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

If I wrote about all the crap I didn't like on the internet, not only would I be blind from staring at my monitor, but I'd be a vagina.

How the hell do these same people function in the real world? Or maybe they don't and come here to be safe? The internet? Isn't that what Facebook is for? Making friends and crying when you have a bad day?

Like I stated, a lot of the stuff written here is bullshit anyway. If your life is so serious that something on a forum pisses you off, then good luck with that ulcer.

I have crazy, sad shit happen in my life MONTHLY. I sure as hell don't air it out in public and expect STRANGERS to feel my grief.

26. metalshapes

metalshapes

You mean like the kind of guy who would only try to use the HAMB to sell stuff?

Without any meaningful participation on the Main Board?

Sorry the HAMB is not up to your standards...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.