Register now to get rid of these ads!

Charlie price speed equipment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Apr 10, 2013.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

:mad: CHARLIE PRICE SPEED.. http://vintagespeed.com/. anyone every deal with this place???? First off two weeks ago I ordered an intake adapter... A woman took my order over the phone... They gave me the price of the order... Three days later on my bank statement the amount was different ... This is because they failed to include shipping in the price... I never did receive a confirmation of my order with any sort of tracking... Five days later my intake adapter shows up.... Wrong f-ing one..... So I call, they tell me I ordered the wrong one, that I screwed up..... How the hell is that possible?? You took my order over the phone from the description of what I needed... So after that , the gentleman says " there is one In the box it will leave today for you, I don't wanna hold you up"... Also no tracking ...so I patiently wait , till today. Five days later. I call, I get the woman who took my order. She tells me it will leave today or tomorrow and won't answer my question of why it didn't ship Friday ....that's Five days after they told me it shipped ... What kind of company deals like this? If I treated my customers like this at work,we would be out of business .... :mad: why is it so damn hard to find a decent place to spend my money.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    uncleandy 65 likes this.
  2. They've been like that forever.....last time I dealed with them was around '98 and it was the same story.

3. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Cant believe they are still running the same old way

4. alchemy

alchemy

Evidently you didn't search "Vintage Speed" or "Charlie Price" on the HAMB before you bought. They have had many threads about how bad they are.

5. Soviet

Soviet

Contact your bank, file it under fraud.

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

No, unfortunately I did not.... Lesson learned... They were the only ones who I could find that made that specific adapter... Atleast that I could find.... Ill never make a mistake like that again ... Still pissed beyond all belief:mad:

7. Dickster is my go-to guy for this type of stuff! I called to ask one simple question and we had a 45-minute conversation!

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

keep away from vintage speed,they sold me a holley 94 with the insides held togther with some sort of glue,they took my money for a carb linkage then told me i didnt get it,and it must have been lost...Really the worst business in our hobby,the most useless,lame ass person i have dealt with,and his wife ,well she is the bride of satan.,,Go with dickster here on the hamb he is great and steers you in the right direction.He will also answer all your questions

9. Only dealt with him once, I ordered a pair of Rochester 2GC end bases for my tri-power set-up. Got them in a week as ordered with the progressive set-up and new center carb shaft and butterflies. I was very happy with the service and the carbs work great.

ibflyin likes this.
  10. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

ordered an adapter and 2 rochester 2GC set up from him. had a friend pick it up for me when he was in FL. No problems, works great and looks even better sitting on top of a 322 nailhead in my 51 Mereor coupe.

11. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I thought there part quality was excellent and the price was good.... But they have gotta tie up the shipping and the billing end of it .. Customers should always have an order confirmation and a garunteed ship date, along with tracking once it is in route. I deal with this stuff every day and I never let my customers down. If something is delayed, they get a phone call and a legit reason!

12. perk30

perk30

I ordered one of their tri-power set ups. I got a lot of it will ship in a day or so which lasted several weeks, never got any tracking numbers as promised but when I finally got the set up I ordered I was very pleased with the quality and appearance and it was set up requiring only minor tuning. Probably would be hesitant to order from them again after reading other people's experience with them. I'm thinking I got lucky my first time.

13. I ordered a progressive linkage system from them. It arrived when I expected it to, and no issues with the quality, so my experience is all good.

14. Last time I got good service and good parts. that was a couple of years ago. I just ordered some more stuff last night and now I read this. If the transaction is as good as last time I'll be happy. I noticed the credit card has already been charged, Here's hoping!!

15. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Some stuff you can only get from them...I got my valley cover through e-bay, and it worked out fine...You can see what you are getting,and they must pay better attention to keep their ratings up.

16. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I've bought from him several times and had no problems, I even returned something for a full credit with no problem. He spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me helping with a problem.

He's a small operation and maybe he gets cranky or overloaded from time to time, but I don't think I've heard of anyone calling him a crook.

17. Will350z

Will350z

I think it's hit or miss with Vintage Speed, I had one of their cast Air Cleaner bases crack on me and he sent me a new one at no charge; I'm guessing I lucked out.

But like Mike51 said above, they are a small shop and tend to work at their own pace (slow).

18. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

You mentioned your friend pickup for you in FL. Where is CP Vintage located? Did not see a physical address listed on their site.:confused:

19. I had no issues with them, I talked to him on the phone and Charlie helped me out. Sorry to hear about your troubles. The no tracking number does suck.

20. salf100

salf100

They are in Vero Beach FL and runs the business out of his house I think. I drove by last year on vacation but no one home.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. tedster

tedster

I, also am one of the lucky ones. Ordered air cleaners, arrived in timely fashion. Excellent quality.

22. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Sorry to hear about your problems i bought some carb repair kits that got lost in shipment so they sent me more at no charge they can be very slow at shipping but qualty has always been good

23. RFH1931

RFH1931

I ordered two Rochester 2GC secondary base plates from them.Recieved my order and the aluminum base holes where they screw up to the car were never drilled.The casting also looked rough.
    First call I was told they would never send out a part like that,and wanted to know if I could make them work.I said I didnt pay that much for them to have to work on them.
    Also I would have to wait and call back tomorrow.
    After the next call I told them to inspect the plates before you ship them.
    I recieved them and they worked,never got my shipping charges back I paid to ship the shitty ones back.Hope to never use them again !

24. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

like i said guys, im not calling him a crook or saying his parts are junk..... i was impressed with the quality of the incorrect part.... i just wish they would step it up on the rest of the business... i hate waiting on things in the mail... and when im told they will be delivered on a certain date i expect just that.. as anyone else would. or atleast with in a day.. not five or more.. charlie seemed like a nice guy and he was helpful with my questions. just a giant cluster f@#$ i guess this time

25. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I tried he was a dick head!!

26. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Update: those mother f@$&ers sent the ups truck to pick up the incorrect one, but still have not shipped the new one.... Still!!! How does that work exactly.

27. I have purchased from him many times without any problems .He is one of those guys who don't take s&#$ from nobody ,If you give it to him you better expect it right back.. talk hard or smart ass to him its gona hurt you more than him. JMO. think about how we want to be talked to and you will see what I mean. I do agree he is slow sometimes and gets behind .I call him and mention I haven't got my parts but don't get pissed at him and it all works out for me. But that's just me....

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  28. I was lucky twice.....

29. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

Bought some stuff a couple of times. No problems. I ordered the parts from his web site and never spoke to a human. If you don't need advice, this is the way to go.

30. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I really like Charile, his wife is a little brash... and as a whole " vintage speed " is a tad bit hokey.... but they did their best to make me happy, and I'll do business with them, again.