Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Pa. Gasser Nationals"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boss Hydro, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Beaver Springs Dragway will be holding the "Pa. Gasser Nationals" on June 7th to the 9th..!
    Beaver Springs Dragway is the PERFECT setting for a trip back into time! Come see every imaginable style gasser ever raced, from tall in the air wheel standing classics to on-the ground later styles, Beaver Springs will have them all! I've been to MANY Nostalgia shows and Beaver Bob always delivers!

[​IMG]

2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I hope you get a beautiful weekend with plenty of sunshine.

Great event only wish I could be there.

Best of luck with it. Jimbo

3. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

To the top!!!!
    Sucks its not with Gasser Magazine but its a very cool track and there will be some great racing going on so I am still taking the 6 hr drive.

4. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

I'm in, I think. Depends on my son's baseball & Jr Dragster racing.

5. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Are these "bracket" classes,heads up, or exhibition?

6. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

I wonder who's going to win the wheelie contest this year ?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. 301/roadster

301/roadster
    from australia

Been reading about a gent name Ken Kulll would he bee thare racing

8. That sucks for you that this "show" is on the same weekend as one of the best long time annual events in Northeast Ohio. I suppose lower car and spectator count doesn't matter much for you as long as the "fun factor" is high.

Fabulous 50's Cruise Night

• On one Saturday evening each June, Mayfield Village closes down Wilson Mills Road from SOM Center Road to Beta Drive and turns it over to classic cars in celebration of “Fabulous 50’s Cruise Night”. Owners of classic cars come from near and far to participate in this annual event. Tables are set up outside local restaurants for al fresco dining and bands playing oldies are staged throughout the area. Booths selling fresh-squeezed lemonade, ice cream, popcorn and t-shirts (sporting Mayor Rinker’s latest Cruise Night design) line Wilson Mills Road while classic cars continuously cruise its length. This family-friendly event draws thousands of people to Mayfield Village and is, by far, the best event held in the Village each year. June 8th, 2013 (raindate: June 9th)
    <TABLE class=shtbl cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=780><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD class=shDesc>Presented By: Mayfield Village Benefits: Make-A-Wish Foundation</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD class=shHap>Dash Plaques Music by: Live Bands on three different stages</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>
    • Give Mayfield Village your thoughts!
    </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD class=shLink>mayfieldvillage.com/2010/06/12/fabulous-50s-cruise </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD class=shMail>Cruise Info [email protected] 440-461-5163 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

9. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Now if they closed the street for a drag race that would be cool.
    You can sit in your lawn chair by your car. I will sit in the stands and see some bad ass drag racing with the sent of rubber and race gas in the air.

Attached Files:

10. novabbc

novabbc

Thanks BCC, that's my wifes Nova in the second pic!

11. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Thank her for me. That's my son at his 1st drag race.

12. novabbc

novabbc

I sure will and hope your son enjoyed!

13. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

I'll try to give it hell !!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My votes definetly for you.

15. stumpy142

stumpy142

I'll try to make that race. Sounds like a lot of fun for all.
    Stumpy 142

16. ardyboy

ardyboy

I wouldn't rule out Stumpy in the wheelie contest---He's been at higher elevations before!!!

17. thats for sure!
    The first picture you attached, I took the same shot from the other side of the track. Great Show, Great People

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  18. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Yes it is.
    I didn't take that pic. I wish I had one of them both at the highest point.
    This year will be fun as was last year.

19. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Some times he even gets the back wheels off the ground.

This one you can see air under the Pass. Rear.

Attached Files:

20. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The "Classical AA/GS Group" will be there in FULL force! Come see some of the
    legendary cars and drivers straight from the GASSER WARS of the 1960's!
    Headlining the group will be Bones Balogh driving the "Big John Mazmanian" 1941 Willys coupe! Bones drove the original one back in the early 60's and will be once again behind the wheel of this GORGEOUS tribute car!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Johnny Rocca will be there with his Stone Woods and Cookie 41 Willys! The SWC and Big John cars were A BIG PART of the original GASSER WARS and they will once again line up to do battle on the Beaver Springs Drag Strip!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Sure wish I was closer, looks like one Hell of a show!!! Chris

23. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Freddy Bear will be behind the wheel of the famous K.S. Pittman 33 Willys coupe! Freddy is fresh off a WILD ride at the NHRA Gator Nationals where he suffered a RARE lost when the concrete barrier got the best of him... Freddy and crew will have the gorgeous 33 back in race shape and ready to go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The Ron Bizio was one of the famous Gassers from the California GASSER WARS! Today, Buffalo New York native Jeff Cryan drives the wheels off this ORIGINAL steel 33 Willys pick up! Jeff's truck is one of the quickest and fastest AA/GS contestants!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

From Ohio will be the ultra tough entry of Ted Turley and Hank "the crank" !
    This bad ass hot rod is a tribute car to the late Chuck Finders!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Last years winner! The Boss Hydro 1933 Willys will once again be pounding the pavement with it's all iron supercharged 426 Chrysler Hemi..! This year famed fuel altered and funny car pilot Mike Hall will be behind the wheel. Mike's Dad Harry Hall was a US Nationals champ in the blown gas class, and Mike has followed in his foot steps! The Boss Hydro is a tribute car to the late Joe Pirrone Jr. who is a member of the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Dave Cobb will have his tribute to legendary Gasser pilot and builder Chuck Finders.. Chuck is a member of the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and helped in the construction of Dave's "Finders Keepers" 33 Willys... This 33 is a beauty and runs as good as it looks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

THE BADDEST 56 CHEVY in the world is Steve Crook's Blew by You! This car is a show stopper from his burnouts, wheelstands and gorgeous looks! Steve wheels this car like a absolute pro and always puts on a spectacular show!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

2011 winner Skip Cloverdale's Special Edition II 48 Anglia will be there WOWING the fans!!!
    Skip is the ultimate showman with 1/8 mile smoky burnouts and mile high wheel stands! This car not only is killer in the show department but runs with the fastest in the class!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Eddie Kasicki will have his Phenomenon 1933 Willys flying high! Eddie was the runner up at the US Nationals AA/GS class this past year and Eddie's show stopper is always a crowd favorite!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]