Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Alllllll the Longroofs.....Let's see 'em boys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Oct 3, 2003.

1. 63 Safari

63 Safari
    from Central VA

Just sold my '63 Safari 4 speed, but I am driving the hell out of my '66 Bonneville wagon which handles better with the 1 1/8" sway bar up front and the 7/8" in the back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. hey Barnfind is that a 4x2 Willys -I have a 1950 Willys 4x2 wagon out back - one of the somedays projects the 11yr old wants it to be her first car while she is building her 29 model A roadster with the 6 carb Hemi !!

3. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

my '68 impala is too new for the hamb...but I do have my fingers in a'52 Chrysler t&c project car.

4. love the Bonneville station!

5. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Thanks for asking. I saw those and thought they were a cool accessory and in Nevada, a pretty functional accessory for a wagon!
    When I saw they were cars from Down Under, I wasn't going to ask about a likely retro accessory from the 60s from way down there.

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

They certainly have. In 1971 I learned to drive in my Dads 1962 Plymouth wagon, 318 wide block w/ push button automatic. I dreaded my motorhead friends with the Mustangs and Camaros seeing me driving that wagon. LOL Now I'd love to find one. 'Course it would end up with at least a 383 in it.:D

7. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

And people think having a classic car is impractical!

8. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

That trailer is killer. Are there any more pictures of it and maybe how it was put together?

[​IMG]

9. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

So you're the one who bought it!!!! Congratulations, I saw it posted on K*****.... real cool ride!
    Cheers
    JD

10. Canadian Eh!

Canadian Eh!

Much better already with the new shoes.

Attached Files:

11. This is wild! HRP

[​IMG]

12. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Yes it is!!
    I guess you really should get the build done and then start dreaming up the trailer?
    very nice work on both

13. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Looking at that trailer (c'mon, SOMEone on this thread has to have done something like this!), it struck me that if you used 2 station wagon ends, back to back, you would then end up with an even longer trailer base to use once you arrived at a destination...in theory a sweet homebuilt camper trailer base.

If you just just used a sedan trunk, you could just fudge the front of the trunk with another back end fabbed onto the 'front' of the trailer and that way, still use the trunk lid.

TO ME, the above trailer's a nice piece of work, but it's just funky. You should be able to fashion something that's eye catching but more practical.

14. Movinman

Movinman

The newest edition with brand new shoes. Still have a long way to go, and now that I have mounted the painted rims, I have no idea what color I am going to paint the car.

[​IMG]

15. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

LOL... Well, I guess I can go out to my garage and take all the pics you want. Or, give me a call and buy this sucker from me, then you can take TONS of pictures of it at YOUR house!

Mac

16. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Damn. Finally finished going through this thread, anyone aware this October is this threads's 10th Birthday!?

The things guys'll do to find pics of their favorite rides...so hey! if you post guys, please don't be shy or insecure. Put the year, model and make of your ride when you post and represent.

It's a HELL of a lot easier to find in the search box later on :D

17. pride63

pride63

18. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

All original '59 Nomad seen at Charlotte AutoFair for sale.

[​IMG]

19. Ha ha I would love to buy it but I already have one I am working on. This pic is my wallpaper on my shop computer and is motivation for me to get off my ass and work on mine! I would like some more pics though... I PMed you.

20. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

In the immortal words of Kramer, "I'm in!"

We bought a 1960 Studebaker Lark VI wagon. 49K miles, 4 door, 3spd/OD. White/blue and I hope to pick it up Wednesday. Pictures to follow.

This thread didn't lead me to pick a wagon, this fell into our laps, but I'm much more excited to have one to roll in after scrolling through these photos. Thanks!

21. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Congratulations!

You're going to love having a wagon! :D

22. spaner

spaner
    from australia

got 1968 ? chevelle malabo all numbered from factory 327 auto with ss opptions for sale needs full restro with papers $8500 post me thank you spaner

23. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

You sure that's a Nomad? ;)

24. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

25. pride63

pride63

Oddly it's all the women mature and young who look and smile , all the blokes will not look . It's an English thing lol

26. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

All Nomads after '57 were four doors.

27. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

Except for the Vega nomad.

28. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

I am. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

29. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Learned something new.... DOH!

30. After getting my driver's license in July 1969, I began driving a hand-me-down 59 Ford 6-cylinder - the engine started knocking in two weeks. Replaced the engine with a worn-out 292, and within a month had torn out the 3-speed manual tranny. My dad decided he'd had enough at that point. I walked for the next couple of months.

Thanksgiving 1969, he presented me with a $75 1960 Studebaker VIII Lark Wagon. I was totally embarrassed by the car, but the first time I took my buddies for a ride, the embarrassment went away. It ran great and was way more cool than the 59 Ford. I drove it for about six months before I let the engine seize due to depletion of engine oil. I put that little car through hell during that time, and it held up pretty well, all things considered. The fond memories it created will never go away.