Register now to get rid of these ads!

Put another 1268 miles on the Poncho this week! My trip to LSRU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by inkstain27, Apr 8, 2013.

1. inkstain27

inkstain27

Second time to the Round Up, Last year rode down with some friends and had a blast. This year I was determined to make the drive myself in my 63 Pontiac. So I decided to head out Wednesday to Desoto and spend the night. As I'm getting on the interstate I snapped a pic of my odometer to track how many mile I do this trip.

86,710 is what I started with.

First leg of the trip hit a lot of light rain along the way but other than that the drive was great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spent 7 hours driving the first day and arrived in Desoto in the late afternoon.

[​IMG]

So after ariving in Desoto I figured I better find somewhere to lay my head for the night, Finally decided on the La Quinta just down the road from The Cracker Barrel. When I pulled in I met a couple other guys metting up for the Caravan in the Morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. inkstain27

inkstain27

After a decent night of sleep, I fueled up on gas and coffee and headed to the Cracker Barrel. Got to meet some great people with some cool rides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. inkstain27

inkstain27

After the morning meet and greet we all loaded up and headed to the Czech Stop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the Czech stop it was on to the Meatheads BBQ. After a few delays along the way we all finnaly rolled in just in time to get some food before it was all gone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. inkstain27

inkstain27

After the BBQ headed to Austin to get check in to my hotel. Meet up with the guys from Sevens Garage and went down to Home Slice for a bite to eat. What a great bunch of guys, hung out with them alot this weekend and had a blast. On the way back from Home Slice stopped of to pick up some shiners at the gas station next to the hotel and as I walk out I could not belive what was in the parking lot fueling up!

[​IMG]

I had to get a picture.

5. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Way to go,nice picture's.
    Good you got to go in the Pon.
    How is the hot rod comming ?
    O.Hove

6. inkstain27

inkstain27

Friday morning and off to the Garage Crawl. One of my favorite things about the LSRU. I took more pics on the crawl than anywhere else over the weekend. Heres a few From the First Stop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop #2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  7. inkstain27

inkstain27

Stop # 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop # 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hellerods

hellerods

thanks for sharing and all the pics, wish I lived closer----- Lebone

9. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing with us. I've gotta get back to Austin. Have been once and that was not enough.
    Later,
    Dick

10. inkstain27

inkstain27

After the 4th stop I decided to skip the last shop, and since I'm around sick people at work all the time I dont need to be around the kids at the Childrens Hospital with weak immune systems. So it was off to the expo center. After getting there I was having to good of a time and forgot to take picks, but i did manage to snap a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Mini Bike Races

[​IMG]

After all is said and done I had a blast this weekend. Made some new friends and meeet up with some old ones. Got to see some good music and great cars.

After a long 11 hours drive home Sunday, I finnaly made it back to Arkansas around 9:30 pm and took my last picture of the trip

[​IMG]

1,268.2 miles and one hell of a good time, cant wait till next year!

11. inkstain27

inkstain27

Thanks, hot rod is coming along. I'm hoping to have it ready for the HAMB Drags.

12. Cody80

Cody80

thanks for sharing, glad you got to take your GP! i have the black 62 Star Chief, my friend and his wife have the 61 Cat and their daughter has the 51 light blue Chieftan. shame that i didn't get to meet ya. we should all try to park together next year, at least one of the days.

13. McTullis

McTullis

Small world! Shiner is our client and this van is my baby. We built it recently for the launch of Shiner Premium. If the gal driving it didn't give you any swag, PM me your mailing address. I'll send you something. :cool:

14. inkstain27

inkstain27

Cool idea

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. inkstain27

inkstain27

Yes they hooked me up with some swag, this is going up in the garage next to the beer fridge ImageUploadedByTJJ1365456616.577709.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. McTullis

McTullis

Bad ass. Enjoy.