Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's the baddest truck on the planet, and it's LOOSE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Kinky6

Kinky6

This build looks great! IMHO, the only thing it lacks is a new set of one-off custom made HAMB mudflaps! ;)

I think you've got the "tow package option" squared away in high style.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Thanks everyone, it's very gratifying to read your compliments. After such a long time working on it, it's really great to have (almost) finished, and to hear what others think. I'm the first to admit it's an unusual build, doesn't fit into really into traditional, custom, street rod or restoration, so it's hard to categorize. It sure is cool though!

Brian

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Kinky6, the HAMB mudflap idea is pretty cool. Several heavy hauler builds going on, maybe an official HAMB logo mudflap would be in order. How 'bout it Ryan?;)

4. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

I have weaknesses. I'm a sucker for old trucks, good looking big girls, and all kinds of dare to be different projects. The Big T is a winner on all counts.

5. Oh I was afraid I was the only one. Do you have some sort of support group for those weaknesses?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Couldn't resist hooking up the trailer and taking some pictures. Now, lets hit the road!

Attached Files:

7. Nice job. I remember reading all about it when I first found this site. Glad your gonna drive the wheel off it.
    Is the Lincoln Highway tour coming throu Iowa. My town is on the highway and has a celebration every year in honor of it. If you get this far, I'd love to meet up and see the truck.

8. Now that looks awesome. Road trip for sure.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow that looks good. It looks fantastic hooked up to the trailer too.

10. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Wow Brian, the truck turned out really nice.

11. dirtracer

dirtracer

Nice! Looks fantastic! I am suprised the traditional police have not chimed in about the LS motor and the late model wheels. Very well done truck.

12. Have you pulled the trailer down the road yet? HRP

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That is very cool. Such a vintage look.

Quite the tow vehicle. The trailer completes the package, who needs Holiday Inn Express :D

What an awesome way to travel.

Two thumbs up :).

14. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW good to see the finished project . Amazing work .

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Thanks. It's cool, it's classy, and that is traditional, no matter what's under the hood.

Brian

16. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

No, it's not licenced yet, nor insured, and it's about out of gas (again!), so that'll have to wait a few days.

Brian

17. pontman

pontman

Looks damn good!!!

18. Stormin' Norman1

Stormin' Norman1

Very Nice rig. Happy vacationing.

19. Looks great Brian! And pulling the trailer, very unique! All the hard work paid off!

20. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

One truck guy to another, "GREAT JOB" The inside of the bed is awesome. Natural wood finish and diamond plate a great combo. Nice plush interior but I don't think MY back would take the pretty straight up angle of the back rest. I have not followed your build, so what's under the body for running gear?? Again, nice job!! Ken

21. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Some of it may not be traditional but it's a damned nice truck so that kind of cancels it out I think. Every once in a while theres one that can pull off the non traditional touches and this truck is one of them.

22. knotheads

knotheads

Beautiful work on that Diamond T. Mr.Brian

23. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Looks good. I like the mudflap idea.

24. Brian, it came out perfect, just like I knew it would.

25. What a great looking truck Brian. Congrats on getting it finished off.

26. farmer12

farmer12

What a great looking T! Very nice.

27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Again, thanks everyone for your comments, it's very rewarding. I'm busy ordering stuff like hood lacing, new bumper grommets, weatherstrip for the doors a complete set of chrome wheel centers without the Dodge Ram logo this morning. I was gonna drive it to the muffler shop, but it's supposed to rain, I can't call my insurance co. until after 0900, so that'll have to wait.

I realized yesterday afternoon that I may have boxed myself in a corner as far as a simple way to run the exhaust, as the battery lives smack in the middle of the "X" member where the left hand pipe would go, and a running board bracket I made without a clearance "hump" for pipe to go under would put that pipe down a long way under the frame. Hmmm, maybe a trip to the boneyard to find a "Y" pipe from a late model Chev or GMC pickup is in order today so I can make my own cross over, and then have pipes run down the right side, which I think looks cool. I did that with both the wagon and the '48 'vert. We'll see.

28. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That came out really nice. Looking forward to seeing it with the alternate wheels. I hope you have prepared yourself for everyone calling it a "fire truck."

I might look nice if the trailer had some subtle stiping in the same color as the truck.

29. BillyM

BillyM

Looks great, nice work.......and a relative?

30. don't care for the wheels but other than that -its BAD ASS!!!! nice build