Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lonestar Round-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Apr 6, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Any pics yet?

2. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I didn't take any pics but there's bound to be lots. It was by far the biggest one yet. That place was packed. There were still cars rolling in at 1-2pm when I headed out.

3. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Im waiting for pics too!! Cant wait!!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

4. Obviously all the Hambers that are there are having way too much fun to stop and post photos. HRP

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

True, I figured some might not stay all 3 days. Just hoping, I guess.

6. Fred,,I'm with you,,I know there are going to be some great photos when they do start posting. HRP

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Ive been looking at 100s of pics from HAMBers there on IG and FB.
    Been non-stop pics for 3 days.

8. I have no clue as to what IG is and don't participate on Fartbook!

I'll just way for the cool kids to post here! :D HRP

9. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I was there...however didnt take any pictures....I know this post is worthless with out pictures...the expo was packed....

10. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

It's was an awesome show I spent all day Friday there. Got some good swap meet scores, listened to some great music and looked at some awesome rides. Unfortunately incant upload from my phone for some reason. Kudos to the crews that put such a kick ass show together.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

14. I have it as a debut show for my coupe once its done.

15. tnich123

tnich123

I heard the anouncer say that there was 1700 cars entered for the LSRU and I believe it. It was a great show and when things moved to Congress lets just say I am glad I had an automatic and some fellow brothers at the fire station for a parking spot.

16. 4oldfords

4oldfords
    from Texas

$15/head to walk in the gate - $6 for a lonestar - $6.50 for a corndog - long long long lines for everything. if you like these things then....this show is great.

somebody made a lot of money so congrats to whoever that is

17. Sounds like cheap entertainment to me. I would be happy to pay it if I could get away. No whining!

18. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You bet you owe congratulations to whoever that is! Without 'em there would not have been and would not BE a Roundup at all. That was $15.00 a head for both days not each day.
    This is a business just like the corner gas station or the Target store down on the highway. American entrepreneurship at its best. Fun with cars and money changing hands is what it is all about.

PS..Been to a ballgame (BB, Baseball, Football, ugh soccer) or a racetrack (NASCAR, NHRA, local dirt oval) lately?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  19. thebugbox

thebugbox

They needed more toilets and more beer booths. It did take me over 30 minutes to get food & I would have drank more had the lines been shorter. But seeing that many cars was awesome.

20. Hope you didn't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

21. n847

n847

Agreed as someone from Ohio with out the abilitly to make it out there year after year I would happily pony up 50 or 60 bucks to spend an afternoon out there! Look at it this way...Lots of dudes spent thousands of dollars just to get there!

22. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

we are from Ohio and this was our 1st year to the roundup and my 1st time ever to Texas and the experience was absolutley unforgettable...this show will now be forever on our list of shows to make....everyone at the show was awesome to just hang out and talk with...the turnout was amazing...I met many who this was their 1st year to the roundup and all of them could not say enough good things about their trip...

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

23. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the Frog Follies is way bigger, cheaper food, giant swap meet. how do they do it?

24. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Good times. Great friends. Awesome music. 1700 cars enjoying the excitement and buzz. 100+ magazine level cars from the best builders in the WORLD being DRIVEN all weekend and displayed for us to get up close with. Dozens of events and parties. A pretty awesome swap meet... is just a taste of this event. It's amazing! I can't believe it's only 15$ for this. Disneyland is like 100$ and I'd have 1/100th the fun as I did at this show. If sitting in a lawn chair next to your car all weekend and scowling at everyone that approaches you is your thing then your fun time will be limited. If you let go and talk to people you WILL have a good time!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  26. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

What a naive comment. You must have never been involved in planning anything … much less an event of this scope. I highly doubt anyone made out like a bandit. Procuring grounds, advertising, security, insurance, and on and on … This is not simple or cheap I can assure you.

It costs $10 or more to go see a movie that lasts a couple of hours at best … and you still have to wait in line to pay too much for popcorn.

Whatever they made above and beyond their costs was hard earned for sure.

27. shooter6

shooter6

Saturday was insane packed, all the way up the hill into the trees!! I wonder how much longer til they run out of space!