Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever piss off your SO?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

FINALLY got my '57 Chevy 3100 done...converted to 4 spd from an automatic, got the brakes straightened out. Decided to take it home to blow out the cobwebs. My wife said it looks nice, so I said "hop in, let's take it for a spin", so we did. Built 400. 4 spd.

I putted around the block, then got on to a main street and STOOD ON IT...not for long, maybe for 100ft.

She freaked. :D

Now she's pissed at me...not divorce-type pissed, just "you inconsiderate asshole" type of pissed.

Guess I'll have to ply her with a bottle of wine tonight :p.

Anyone here ever spook your wife/GF/significant other (SO) with a quick ride in your hotrod?

Chris

2. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

Is there a such thing as a happy car guys wife? Mine hates my hobby most if the time

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Like with what we do doesn't have it's perks!?! Mine never had a clue until one day i said "hold on",and I meant it. 7000rpm,sideways in second gear,and steering like I was driving a sprint car changed everything.
    Suddenly a newfound respect for "playing with old cars" came into effect.
    Good luck with that one......

4. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

"Anyone here ever spook your wife/GF/significant other (SO) with a quick ride in your hotrod?" Guilty. Well, Guilty repeatedly. Makes you wonder, What do they expect from a hotrod ?
    "Guess I'll have to ply her with a bottle of wine tonight :p." or a vacuum cleaner. Your mileage my vary.

All the best,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yep! The first time I took The incredible miss Judy out in the Plymouth, we went to dinner with ElPolacko and his girl and followed his now twin turbo'd green truck. We got about a mile from her house, and ended up at a light next to each other - and then did what comes naturally in two high horsepower hot rods!!! Needless to say that was about the quietst dinner the four of us have ever had together, with two seriously pissed off women. I can't figure out why they just don't get it!

Never fear though, 'cause about 6 monthes after that Judy asked if she could ride up to Seattle with me in it. I remember getting on the freeway after breakfast in Bakersfield going up the freeway ramp side ways with the rear tires ablaze as she very quietly knitted. Once they learn they aren't going to die they start to trust you just a little bit.... Almost like they are trainable... Kinda!

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

As the former owner of a vacuum and sewing machine store, I can tell you vacuum's don't work for that deal...

7. Tedders

Tedders

Mine is from Russia..she thinks my model t should be pulled by horses..

8. First let me say your a I like your style.

My wife has ridden with me thousands of miles and never complains,,she even took this photo.

She has nerves of steel.

[​IMG]

Her driving scares the bejesus out of me,,I'm not a good passenger ! :rolleyes: HRP

9. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Almost like they are trainable... Kinda!

Funny...they say that about us all the time, except that it has to do with crap like putting the toilet seat down and remembering the anniversary...

Guess it goes both ways.

10. She has the nerves of steel and you have the white knuckles.:rolleyes: Looks like a blast!!

11. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Screw that, my wife would of told me to let her drive and smoke em off right.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Funny stuff! Man, I have sat through a FEW of those dinners. My wife rode in the Falcon a couple times, thought it was stupid loud, lousy gas mileage, but sorta tolerated it. Then JUST ONCE, there was this Chevelle beside us, she never rode in it again. I used to get the silent treatment every time I took it out. Got a feeling that when I get it going again, if I take my daughter out in it, I'd better make her swear to secrecy first. I'm telling her the Chevy II is going to be much more sensible, a mild daily driver :rolleyes:;). I always get a kick out of some of these guys on the HAMB who talk about hot rods in terms of thier "pussy pulling" potential. My experience is I get laid in spite of my cars, not because of them...:D

13. Sounds like maybe she isn't a keeper to me. Of course it could be that she is just having a hormone problem. Well she still probably isn't a keeper. :rolleyes:

14. My SO is a knitter too. The first time I really nailed my Model A she didn't say a word but the knitting jumped to a furious pace. :rolleyes:

15. You betcha! :D HRP

16. It just a calendar related event - she get over it . Shouldn't take more than a day or two

17. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^x2. Constantly bitchin'

18. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

I'm a lucky guy. I have a wife of nearly 37 years who loves it all. Fast boat rides (with the exception of the 16' Glen L Missile with the 383), she still snowmobiles and has no problem keeping up, drives the dune buggy, has her motorcycle license, loves cars and helps pay for crazy shit. Like I said, I'm a lucky guy.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

When I used to drive my ex-girlfriend around, I'd punch it every now and then. She always got pissed. My response, "It's a HOTROD. That's what hotrods do." Seemed to shut her up, but not wanting to end up like Al Green, I kept it to a minimum.

20. Truckedup

Truckedup

I always had shitty cars,I ain't all that good looking,but I always attracted good looking ladies.....Must be my wonderful personality :cool:

My don't mind a moderate burnout but she doesn't like fast driving and will punch me in the head real hard.Then the profanity " slow down you fuck weasel"...."Don't be a cunt"..."I'll give you cunt you stupid shit head" Then we start laughing....
    My wife is the absolute best finder of those little parts that fly off in the corner of the shop.

21. I'm sorry, but I just can't relate to any of you guys. The wife REFUSES to ride in any of my "loud, smelly, obnoxious old cars". She barely tolerates the kids riding in my hotrods, and only after seat belts were installed (a good idea, but let's not get sidetracked). It probably works out better that way for all involved.

22. Smokey2

Smokey2

My L.I. (Live in) ! ...............Is that the same as
    SO ? I think NOT, Left after I brought the 2nd
    "Old Car" home, and took alot of my stuff with
    her...........did'nt like old cars, did'nt like the
    greasy clothes in the washer ! Hell, it was my
    washer ! (ha) Anyhows, that was couple yrs
    ago, and her Trial date comes up this month.

Hummm, I'm not sure who got pissed the
    worst.........Her ? Or Me ??

Does SO = Stay Over ? then tommorrow We
    go to Waffle House and She goes home,
    Right ?

LOL / smokey2 :eek:

23. jazz1

jazz1

All the time,,it's my purpose in life according to her...treat liberally with Ungava Gin

24. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

give them 2 vicodins before you leave the house

25. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

It's a control thing, Trust me she knew from the get go that you were going to hot rod it at some point during the drive.

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, she packed up and moved back to Texas once.

27. pitman

pitman

Maybe if they were to watch Heart Like a Wheel or Worlds Fastest Indian, they'd
    begin a curiosity into what makes you tick.
    It doesn't hurt to warn someone, who is not expecting all hell to come unglued when you tromp it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

HHHHHMMMMNNNNN.... Mine's in Hong Kong as we speak...

29. lizzie

lizzie

My ex-husband still blames my old '49 Studebaker truck for our divorce (We had to sell it after he quit his job to go on tour with a band) He was always gripin about that truck.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it was part of the reason. :p

But I've learned that if I stay single, no one can get pissed if I spend all my play money on my cars. :)

30. One time on a poker run..We left the last stop before the pot luck supper in my Bf/x Falcon clone..I Hambered the throttle the car started to cross up ..Mind you we both had race belts on but it was a violent burnout..when I got it straightened out I looked over to see her wearing a crock pot full of bar-b-qued beef..Not my greatest moment but my buddies thought it was awsome that I never lifted..Not so with Jeanne though.... she still calls me an A hole everytime someone talks about it!!. [​IMG]