Register now to get rid of these ads!

* Threaded * PCV Valve list ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by awsomeears, Apr 5, 2013.

1. awsomeears

awsomeears

We all know this topic is beaten to death but what I'm trying to find is a list of Threaded PCV that are Available over the counter...

Many topics I have read never list threaded style, I will be tapping my own threads in my Cal Custom Side Breathers to try and make it look legit :D

The hard part will be to see what the Thread pitch is, I will assume many will be Metric and not the very useful 3/8NPT

So far I have found

2002 Lancers
    2002 Lexus

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Check 1966-67 Camaro, Chevelle and Corvette.. All had threaded valve...

3. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

My local O'reilly let me sort through their stock till I found one with the right thread and orientation to fit my manifold.......took me ten minutes an. Ad. Good looking metal one that I the drilled and tapped into the intake manifold.....probably easier than waiting for a complete list of oem fitments......

4. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

like scrap metal says g.m models 66 thru about 69 had threads and they will do it for you

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't recall the number of the male-threaded valve I used, but I do know it was 3/8 NPT

6. awsomeears

awsomeears

Remember what car it came from :D

I did not know the camaro's were threaded, I will check that out thank you !

7. y-oh-y

y-oh-y

early 60's ford truck 292 is also 3/8 threaded

8. awsomeears

awsomeears

You sir are correct, looks like Fram FV100 and Borg Warner PCV255

They look the same but I will look tomorrow for the Borg Warner, I think Fram anything is Cheap Shit !

9. supervert

supervert

the one on my 63 galaxie 352 has a threaded one

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Be sure to blow through it to make sure you have the correct air flow direction. GM made at least 2 different threaded PCV valves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one has the threads on the suction side.

[​IMG]
    ]

The type that screws into the oil fill tube has opposite air flow direction. Having threads is no indication of the air flow direction.

You need to determine which way you want the air to flow and where you want the valve to screw in before you select the valve.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  11. Hyundai has a nice small one, 1/8 pipe thread. P/N 26740-32804. Equivalent Fram P/N FV 266. Hyundai list price USD$14.06

Cosmo

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I like to use one from a similarly sized engine. even the factory ones are sized for normal use and back up under a big load. Provisions are made for this. The engineers know that and size accordingly. If it is undersized there won't be enough air flow to remove the moisture causing sludge.

13. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

^^^Yes, sizing I have heard over the years is important, would appreciate a link to a chart with listings for dual-threaded in and out for a 235-261 Chevy. Thanks,

Cosmo49