Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 ford fairlane lets see them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dons t, May 5, 2007.

1. Yes they were/are!! Anyone interested in a pair?

2. Wow! I thought mine was low mileage at 84k miles. Still original paint, etc.?

3. onlyfordmerc

onlyfordmerc

My 56 Fords, The Hardtop I have had for 30 plus years!!

Attached Files:

droppedstepside likes this.
  4. Sadly the paint isn't but most of the etcs are. Fortunately it was repainted the correct colors and it was done right.

5. I agree that the '56 Fairlane is one of the best looking cars Ford has ever produced. My brother has been driving this one for 40 years:

[​IMG]

-Dave

Lou kriger and droppedstepside like this.
  6. I agree. Beautiful car by the way.

7. X2 Ford hasn't built a more beautiful car since and never will again.

8. I second that!!

9. Dry Lakes Racer

Dry Lakes Racer
    from So Cal

Here's mine.........................

10. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

I cant work it out. I've seen it happen alot. Why do people pull out a perfectly good y-block to put a 302. If its aquestion of dependability, you can run the same carb and dizzy. The y-block sounds and looks better and go's just as well so Y change it.

customline3859 likes this.
  11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Thanks a Lot! :mad: Just when I think I'm sure of what colours to paint my '56 Rideau Victoria you throw another great colour combo at me!!!!! :D Your brother's car looks great. My very first memory of anything was my dad's '57 Meteor in the same combo. Maybe I'll go white over yellow with a black "Swoosh".

12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Nice car but why did you use a '55 grille? The '56 was the "improved" version.

13. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Here is one from the Chicago wow show. ImageUploadedByTJJ1363212492.378891.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Personally, I thought the best looking of all '55-56 Fords was the Customline 2-door with the simple, straight side trim, and I always liked the '55 grille best. The '56 Victoria top is so gorgeous that a combination of all my favorite bits was irresistable.

15. while i really like a 56 crown vic and hope to own one someday the 57 is a better looking car and 60 thunderbirds arent no slouches either ;)

16. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

I had a 55 a while back:

[​IMG]

17. Beautiful 55!

18. DEANs427

DEANs427

My 56 victoria, w/428pi

Attached Files:

Lou kriger and droppedstepside like this.
  19. Heo2

Heo2

Thats a perfect car

20. dongil

dongil
    from Oregon

Another one from Oregon.

Attached Files:

21. Fife's 56

Fife's 56

Here is mine being picked up in Chicago after it's trip from Oregon. Running Hurst slicks now with an Offy tri-power. Still has the original interior.

Attached Files:

22. I agree with Tony the 55's were cleaner looking but I've owned 5 56's and not one 55. I don't know what that says about me.
    My favorite was in the early 60's. it was my daily driver, a business coupe with stationary quarter windows and no back seat. Ran a 360 horse 327 vette motor backed with a 4 speed and 4.11 gears.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  23. I want one! Anybody holding?

24. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I had a '56 Mainline 2-door sedan back in '78. Someone had already installed '68 302 4V/C4 in it. It also had T-Bird buckets in it. Was reminiscing about with my buddy just a couple hours ago. I actually bought it for the frame, I had a '55 Crown Victoria that was really rusty. I have always loved '55-'56 Fords, that Crown Victoria was my first car, '66 390 w/3-speed manual.

25. 29ToyA

29ToyA

cool!

26. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I just took another look at you 55/56. I have a '56 Rideau Victoria and thought that was the ultimate( Crowns are really nice looking 2 door posts) but you've taken a subtler approach and emphasized the lines of the car with that basic trim. The reason I don't like the '55 grille so much is that I've never seen it on the factory 2" chopped roofline of a '56 hardtop. That combo works quite well. Adding those WW and the Lincoln wheel covers make a little old ford look like a adult cousin to the Lincolns. Well done. I think you have what the designers were going for before all the trinkets were applied!

27. 50Fraud

50Fraud

^ Thank you! I enjoy vicariously getting into the designers' heads and achieving what they would have done if left alone.

28. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I love the look of that car, although it would never have occurred to me to chop one. That is the only picture I've ever seen of it, though; I really would like to see the front and rear to see how he handled those details.

29. drew56cus

drew56cus

Wow there are some beautiful examples here! I am wanting to upgrade from a '56 Customline sedan (that's all we got in Austraia) to a 2-door hardtop to do a 50's style custom. I was going to make a carson top for it. Can anyone tell me the differences between the '55 and '56 2-door hardtops in terms of windscreens, side glass and trims? I like the roof height and shape on a '56 much better than a '55, but if I am going to chop the lid off for my carson top anyway, can I buy a '55 viccy and use a '56 windscreen with the '55 side glass? Or is the side glass too tall?
    Thanks, Drew

30. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I believe that the '56 hard top roof is 2" lower than the '55. So there could be a problem unless you lower the windscreen header the same amount. The side glass shouldn't be a problem as it's flat and easy to cut down.