Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage slob?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Bomber, Apr 3, 2013.

1. WornOutOldMan

WornOutOldMan
    from So Cal

All the tools get a wipedown and put away every time. Anything else gets moved around and forms constantly changing piles of stuff.

2. Total disaster and I get mad at myself because I know better......

Attached Files:

3. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

It comes with being a Hot Rodder. Real HotRodding is dirty & ghetto.

4. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

My friends garage is like that, I tell him, if you move the car out, you're halfway done!

5. carmuts

carmuts

I went to the extreme a couple of years ago and bought a bunch of shelves. Had a neat orderly shop for awhile, but with the addition of the junkyard parts I bought a couple of years ago I need more shelves yet again. Neet and orderly has gone out the window for now. Rod

Attached Files:

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Too small of a garage that was built in the mid 30's and my grandfather and I poured the floor in the late 50's. He had a project lined out for every summer when I visited for a month and looking back I learned one hell of a lot on those projects.

I have way too much crap and too much crap that doesn't belong in the garage. Since the box with wheels that I NOW drive to work after getting it fixed is up and running I am going to spend some time next weekend getting the garage cleaned up before attacking my 71 GMC that gets to haul stuff for the real projects.
    [​IMG]
    This is what happens when you have a tiny garage and buy a mig, post mounted vise/grinder, belt/disk sander, Bandsaw and drill press in a three year period of time. Plus have parts from five ongoing projects in it.

7. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Clear I could fit 3 cars but only fit 1 at a time to work on at night. It too clutered with shit. Good thing I got a Parking lot for a backyard & It doesn't rain in Sunny SoCal.:cool:

I'm aways dumping Whole "Departments" like the Bolt Dept., Washer Dept., Small Parts Dept., Fitting Dept., . . . . . Out on the floor to find that 1 i need, then pushbroom everything to 1 side to put a car in when "clock'n out" Then spend 10 min. in the morning filling back up the buckets, I mean Departments.

Attached Files:

• gare.JPG
      gare.JPG
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3444.jpg
      3444.jpg
      File size:
      516.2 KB
      Views:
    • 971.jpg
      971.jpg
      File size:
      502.6 KB
      Views:
  8. I love the garages where the floor is checker board, the matching cabinets are better then a lot of kitchens, with the accent stripes on the walls..not a thing out of place, spic and span.
    But mine looks nothing like that..I actually work out there.

9. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

^^^^^^^ And if there's a truck in there, You bet it becomes the Miscellanious Department.

10. No such thing as too small of a space -
    12"x12" equal 1 sq foot aways & x 12" equals a cubic foot always it's never short ever.

Too much stuff for that space is the issue

11. Hotrodhog

Hotrodhog

This is as clean as I can get!! Usually every horizontal surface is piled with stuff!!

Attached Files:

12. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My shop looks like a bomb went off. I pick stuff up but drag it back out. Why did I put power outlets THERE?

I am ordering another glulam beam and expanding the shit storage.

13. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

I only know how to work in chaos , if my parts and tools are in piles I will know exactly where everything is and I can find what I need in seconds , I'll know my torque wrench is under
    The 23 t fender with the 65 Chrysler Newport carpet draped over it with a box of dodge brothers spring shackles and bolts pirched on it. .
    If I organized my stuff I would never find a damn thing.

14. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I have been from one extreme to the other with this garage organization stuff! Well I never did have a "GARAGE MAHAL" But I get the best and most efficient results with organized kayos! In other words when elbow's and a$$hole$ is all you see the the garage is a disaster! When that project and or job is done regroup and straighten er out! Who am I kidding I've never been totally organized out there! I've been working on cleaning it up for the last two months! After two trips to the scrap yard and one more in the VERY NEAR future hell I can see three walls and the floor!

15. cayager

cayager

my garage= 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. everything is way to good to get rid of. couldnt possibly think of one thing to get rid of. didnt have much starting off. now bursting at the seams. id add on but i know it wouldnt be long till it was full again.

16. spot

spot
    from usa

I'm OCD when I working. Cant stand clutter. I clean the garage at the end of every day. Takes me only about 15min to put everything back in the tool boxs and then I blow off everything and sweep the floor. This cuts down (not elimnate) lost tools and parts.
    It also keeps the wife happier as she keeps her car in one have of the home garage.

17. I am with spot, can't stand clutter and shit everywhere it drives me crazy. Have a friend that has a shop and he is a total slob has tools, parts and shit piled on benches and tables and more shit pushed into corners. The worst part is metal shavings all over the floor! Don't know how people work like this....:eek:

18. j conrad

j conrad

oh when sombody gives me shit about my cluttered garage i just say "thats how the magic happens" or when they complain about workin slow i tell them " you cant rush perfection " .. my 2 favorite lines lol

19. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

[​IMG]

Love that air scoop

20. chopped

chopped

I put tools away every night, if not I may or may not ever find them again. My wife loves me so every month or so she goes out and cleans like only a woman can.

21. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

Hi, my name is Steve and my garage is a F*^*#@%! mess(pause while everyone says"hi steve") Your first step to clean up is admitting you have a problem. Man do I have a problem!
    Normal Norman

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At least you can actually get a truck or frame or something inside yours. I've got to spend Saturday moving stuff around and get it to the point I don't trip over something getting to the tool box.

23. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

This quote sounds a lot like me, except the OCD part and my wife only gets a third of the garage, when I'm not using it.:D

I do have the checkered floor and nice tool boxes and cabinets though, but I'm retired and it's at my home.:cool:

24. If there is a flat areaa it is covered.

25. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

My problem is that the floor is getting further away from my arms as I get older.

I only clean the floor when I can't walk across it, then I sit down with a bucket and fill it with tools.

(Them there us the problem of getting up.)

26. yep ill get aggervated at the mess clean it all up and something will require something done to it and BOOM it explodes all over the place and after a while ill get aggervated at it and clean it all up and,.......you get the idea

27. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Redline if that's true, i'll have some awl some shit coming out of my garage soon:D

28. Someone here on the hamb has a saying I often quote," Pay no attention to the messy garage,my best work comes from chaos!" or something like that....

Attached Files:

29. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

I can't stand a mess or clutter. I clean up every night when I'm done in the garage. I also work out of a single car garage so even a small mess takes over quick.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. Keep the faith baby!!!