Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holy Grail Banger Motor? "C" Counterweight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gemcityrenegade, Apr 2, 2013.

1. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

I have a chance to get a "C" head 3 bolt water pump motor. I pulled the pan and it's got a counterweight crank. No numbers on the SN flat. Anyone know about these?

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I know i got one and im not letting go of it. I cant wait to build it.

3. The "C" on the head denotes that it is for a '32-34 banger (B was used on the "Police Heads" during Model A production)...counterweights were added to Ford 4cyl engines beginning in November-ish 1932. If it still has a waterpump and timing cover we can figure out whether it was installed in a '32 Model B or a 33-34 Model 40, as there are some differences.

I'd guess that the serial number was either filed off during a past rebuild or it may have been a factory replacement block...post up any casting numbers/marks that you see present...

4. I can't add anything, except I want it...

5. Minor correction. The 1932-4 4 cylinder engines had the pad but it was not stamped with a serial number. There serial number was on the flywheel housing for 1932-4. Post a picture of the timing cover showing the mount for the generator and someone will tell you what you have.

Charlie Stephens

6. Indeed. Thanks for the correction!

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Check for the Diamond above the timing cover side plate, most "C" motors have it. Bob

8. SJR

SJR

I have 3 "B" type engines, one has no counter weights, one has the bolt on type, one has cast on counter weights, Im not sure whats what,

9. no counterweights = early 32
    swedged on = late 1932
    cast on = 33/34