Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally..A 40 Ford DeLuxe Coupe!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintageauto, Sep 16, 2009.

1. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Murph--sent you some pics--ck the color-kinda folkstone but a little darker

2. Tim,

I like that shade. Can you get the formula?

Murph

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

yes I can and can send you a sample shot on a piece
    I didn't know how to get pic on here-just shot the firewall quickly for a test to see if we like it-going this week

4. b-bob

b-bob

Murph, i am glad to see you are making progress and you got yourself a cart for moving the body around.
    Lots of holes to fill on those firewalls eh! Once you get the body in color or a final coat of primer and sitting on the frame you should really be stoked to finish it up.
    And once you fire the engine the first time, there will be no holding you back.
    Carry on, i am watching for more progress, good luck.

5. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Bitchin' ride,.... keep us posted on progress, please.

4TTRUK

7. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

looking good Murph--mine had way more holes than that in the firewall-yours looks like a better start. Will be doing my chassis in the next few weeks and will go get you the color and a code-will mail you a sample. Do you have a spare std glove box door. THX Tim

8. Thanks Tim....I have no standard parts....Sorry

M

9. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Nice score on the coupe, it looked really solid for sure! Nice to see you kept it and are still working on it. It'll definitely be a nice car when you're done!

10. Fred A

Fred A
    from Encino, CA
    1. Upholstery

Sure would like some interior shots behind the seat where the jumpseats are. So many coupes are 5 windows that have been modified to Opera and the original details still hard for me to find. I have two bare bones Business Coupes and no patterns. Any glimpse of that rear area is useful. Thanks: Fred A

11. Hey Fred,

Here are some pics...not much, but maybe they can help you. I never had the side panels. I still have the back panel. You can see where it attaches to the headliner.

Murph

Attached Files:

12. Thanks 40....Luv the Flames on your sedan!

Murph

13. Fred A

Fred A
    from Encino, CA
    1. Upholstery

Thanks for the jumpseat pictures. Piece by piece I get the information. Even though I've had three Business Coupes, two have been rods and one an incomplete project. Never had the original panels giving the detail on the cotton pads. Also need to know how the horizontal stripe blends into the pads. Even though I may use vinyl, For me there is little reason not to use the original pattern as much as possible. My current car, being a standard does narrow down the body color choices quite a bit, but the Briarwood Brown is something I can live with. Thanks Again: Fred A

14. Fred found this photo of the opera seats.

Murph

Attached Files:

15. I can smell that mohair from here!! Get R done!!:)

16. Hey Andy......thanks for the note. My coupe still had the original mohair...love the old smell. I might make an air freshener out of some of the material...LOL

Murph:cool:

17. The body, doors and deck lid are nearly ready for final prep and paint. Firewall holes are filled except those for the heater, wipers etc.

Murph

Attached Files:

18. Looking good, Murph. Thanks for the update..................................Don.

19. Thanks Big "D"

20. 3340

congrats, mine looked like that some 8 years ago

21. Man, time flys...can't wait till I can say its on the road too...Thanks

22. b-bob

b-bob

Any updates? Hope the fire is still burning.

23. Hey Bob,

The body, doors and decklid are ready for paint had some delays, but won't do anymore till after the holidays.......really draggin my feet on the frame though....I gotta get going with that...have all the components. Thanks for checkin in.

Murph

24. KStewart

KStewart

You are looking very good and doing the job right. Hang in there. I have two 39's and a 40. Just can't part with any of them. Never did have a coupe but someday maybe?

Attached Files:

25. HANKSPITBALL

HANKSPITBALL

G'day mate. Your coupes coming along real nice. My favourite car that took me 45 years to get. The best part about a 40 coupe is driving it. Cheers, Doug

26. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I was reading this thread and my eyes about popped out when I saw you mention Richard Morton. I spent a while poking around his property when I was starting my 40 project.

Years ago, he responded to an ad I had in a local ad magazine for some pipe staging I had for sale. He came up from Raynham...He saw my 40 and we were off and talking like long lost buddies while his female friend was in the kitchen sharing coffee with my wife. He ended up buying the staging and some 40 car fenders. That was around 1999 I think. I had seen him a couple of times at his house and at at the Endicott show @ Dedham MA.

IIRC he had a heart attack but got through it OK but I have lost all track of him. Do you know if he is still around? I realize this is an old thread.

27. Kstewart and Hank...Thanks for the comments, they do keep you going....nice cars you both have.

I haven't talked with Richard for a couple years...he was great to deal with, sorry he had some health issues.

Thanks all.
    Murph

28. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

lookin good Murph--can't wait to see it in paint

29. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

I kinda through mine together,
    and realized that any bodywork could wait!
    Fun to drive...
    TP

30. brady1929

brady1929