Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Once it's covered in hamburger grease, no one will notice!!-MIKE:eek::D

2. Ha ha, funny stuff, I couldn't believe that someone else in NY state has the same great taste as me for the name. I wonder what the heck they are attached to ?
    I guess it could have a third meaning in that if you don't like the hind end of my car it would be a "bad moon" too...lol

3. Clik

Clik

Probably alot of Creedence Clearwater Revival fans.

4. Did some test panels on that idea I had, of course they would be professionally lettered..lol
    My old sketch

[​IMG]

and painted mockup, I got to let this sat on me feeble mind

[​IMG]

5. daliant

daliant

Hey how about something along these lines, but pissed off and sluttier looking.
    miller.jpg

6. Clik

Clik

7. It's got to say Bad Moon in that moon somewhere, I do like the werewolf one.

8. Clik

Clik

I've lettered before using stick on letters as a guide and hand painted around them. I like a homemade hand painted brush look. It goes better with gassers.

9. Clik

Clik

[​IMG]

If you could put your face in place of the human here, that would be cool, with a spooky moon behind it.

10. Clik, you made me do it, I used that picture you found and used it as a base to draw off of. I decided on that with the quarters lettered with the name. I will have to brush this in because I couldn't get the fine points to lay down for a spray job.
    I laid out my circles and then taped out the moon.

[​IMG]

then used a garbage bag as a cover

[​IMG]

fogged in some dark gray

[​IMG]

then fogged in some black

[​IMG]

took some time to draw up this picture with good old #2 lead, gave him a little more muscle and checked the size

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cut him out and will trace this in pencil, then brush paint it once I get a brush with a nice tip for the claws

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Oooooooooooooooooooooo!!

12. ha ha ha

13. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Looks good Phil. The only dilemma I have is what song pops into my head when I see this car. CCR's "bad moon rising" or Warren Zevon's "werewolf of London'

14. 52 HenryJ

52 HenryJ

hell yes nice J

15. Well when you see that BAD MOON down the sides of the quarter you just can't help but to sing that one first...lol If nothing else it will be interesting to look at, maybe I should put a tailored suit on him, ha ha

16. thanks, we are having fun

17. Rebe7cca

Rebe7cca
    from USA

Will be over this week to check it out.[​IMG]

18. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Phil. If you told somebody you did this car with a roller, and spray cans in your garage,they'd never believe you. Great job !

19. Clik

Clik

Looks like a true old style gasser. Hell of a job for a roller and rattle can. Man! I want whatever vitamins you're eatin because you get 'r done!

20. Waiting it see it all finished. Looks good!

21. Fullfendered

Fullfendered
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Better stay away from him
    He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
    I'd like to meet his tailor

Aaoooooo!
    Werewolves of London!
    Aaoooooo!

22. Saxxon

Saxxon

You're fearlessness to dive in and just "do it" simply amazes and impresses me. While folks are out looking for a vinyl wrap to add to the car, you're making cardboard cutouts and spray bombing... with great results. You sir are a true inspiration to anyone who is not building a car because they think it's too expensive or they lack the skills.

I also think there is something very very wrong with you... Don't ever change !!

23. Thanks everyone, your words mean a lot and I also draw inspiration off local builds and others around here on the HAMB. I'm just a guy that's making do with what I got to do, or maybe it's just the fumes...lol

24. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

At least you're doing it, and not wishing you were! I really appreciate your make it happen attitude, and not letting anything stop you from reaching your goal! Nice work!

25. LZ

LZ

Hey Phil:
    You have to put a Chinese Menu in his hands. Or maybe a big dish of Beef chow Mein.:p GB Warren Zevon, great song.
    Looks great Phil. Headed over to Dyngus day right now,
    take care
    Luke

26. Clik

Clik

I wonder if I can roll big metal flake. :rolleyes:

27. Paint work is done on these doors, except the clear over the top of all this. I took my manly self over to the craft store and bought some brushes, sure the women were wondering what I was doing in there. Man that place has a lot of funky smells...lol
    I ended up transferring my image over to poster board for a little stiffer piece, then used that to trace the image onto the doors. Broke out the newly acquired brushes and had at it, kudos to you guys that do this stuff for a living.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then painted the sun with normal rattle can fair

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

little further away it looks just like the silhouette I wanted

[​IMG]

and a little by product when I was taking the garbage bag off,if it's there it has to be able to be replicated somehow....at another time...lol

[​IMG]

28. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

29. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Phil. That looks great. Looks like you still have room to put BAD MOON on the doors if you want.
    [​IMG]

30. Maybe at the bottom of the door ?