Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pop ups when looking around here today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paperdog, Mar 25, 2013.

1. ITS BACK AND NOT GOING AWAY

I am getting popups when trying the link to the kent fuller video .. Some kind of vitamin shoppe thingie
    i have my blocker set very high...
    I am gonna review my settings now
    hopefully its just me

i also have a new very strong armed virus software so it shows no problems ...

This happened 4 out 4 times clicking around the journal today for the first time

thanks paperdog

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. No problem here,,have you tried logging out and clearing cookies? HRP

3. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

The Jalopy Journal got hacked a little while ago - see Ryan's sticky at the top.

4. okay
    did alot of clearing and resetting on my end seems okay for now ... was getting skeered when wimmens products were popping up during HAMB clicks .. as i am easily distracted by stuff i know nothing about..

5. well these unwanted popups are still overriding the hamb and JJ
    ANY THOUGHTS -SUGGESTIONS TO WHAT STEPS ARE NEEDED TO RESET OR OVERRIDE THESE UNWANTED WEB PAGES?

6. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

yes, I was getting the same thing too.

7. When signing on to jj..unless i click on the hamb immediatly it swtches to another web page .. A few asst pages take over

8. Within 15 seconds the JJ is switched to another web page .. my anti virus will quarentine it but I as of yet know how to reset or eliminate this from happening?

9. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Same here...

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Ryan,
    My virus ware blocked a fairly bad virus as soon as I logged onto the hamb today. Here's the info from Norton.

Category: Intrusion Prevention
    Severity: High
    Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,IPS Alert Name,Default Action,Action Taken,Attacking Computer,Attacker URL,Destination Address,Source Address,Traffic Description
    3/29/2013 7:27:47 AM,High,An intrusion attempt by zuxnsciedu.hopto.org was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Web Attack: Malicious Website Accessed 2,No Action Required,No Action Required,"zuxnsciedu.hopto.org (5.9.108.10, 80)",zuxnsciedu.hopto.org/dbicp7zxwregi5p/f384469aa0a62a57428da616e955c633/,"HOMELAPTOP (192.168.2.4, 64263)",5.9.108.10 (5.9.108.10),"TCP, www-http"
    Network traffic from <b>zuxnsciedu.hopto.org/dbicp7zxwregi5p/f384469aa0a62a57428da616e955c633/</b> matches the signature of a known attack. The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME4\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE.

11. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Same as #10 here for 2 days. Had to go back to search to get thru..

12. boooooob

boooooob

You guys need to go to malwarebytes.org, download the free version, install, uncheck the trial version box when asked, let it update, do at least a quick scan, full is better. At the end, show results, and clean all infected items........may need to restart. See if that helps.

I got a few other tools if that does not help.

boooooob:)