Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full fendered "T"s thread... Official maybe?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 22, 2013.

1. EE-1

EE-1
    from London

Guy, don't take all the credit for this for yourself, give credit where it's due......You completely failed to mention it was actually me who took the mould from the original T in Olney, Bedfordshire, around 1975 or '76 as I remember, freezing cold. I also did the complete floor, interior and top wood, the twin tube chassis & part of the front suspension for it too before you decided to abandon the project in favour of the transverse Lambourghini P250 rear engined '29 roadster - which then evolved into the V6 Cosworth / Porsche transaxle '29 coupe......
    Strange, but I never could remember laminating the actual body from this mould obviously because you did that, not me.
    I recall you sold the body to Pete Mann who finished the car, here's a pic of it done, I also have a shot of the front 3/4 but can't find it.
    I still have the chassis and suspension drawings of this car....I chucked the chassis in a dumpster after it hung around a couple of years.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. EE-1

EE-1
    from London

Well, it didn't upload so if it don't this time you'll have to take my word for it...

Attached Files:

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ok, yet another favorite! Del Austin ended up with this car in the early eighties and drove the wheels off of it. It was part of a sort of "mini movement" that got whacked when high tech began called "blackout". Everything black with the only exterior chrom being shiny Halibrands or Americans.... Or not, in this case dechromed Tru-Spokes speak pretty damn loud to me! scan0047.jpg scan0046.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

love those rear fenders!

5. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys have posted some great shots of the Garrison "T" - here's one more. It's a page from Dain Gingerelli's book "Ford Hot Rods". The book has lots of photos and background info on other "HAMB-friendly" rods too; well worth picking up if you can.

First time I saw pics of the Gabby Garrison car was in that book, and I about flipped out. Love it.

Attached Files:

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Pretty sure that's the book my buddy Ron Olmstead's fenderless '27 touring is in.

7. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fenderless?? What???

Guess that wouldn't qualify for this thread then. Well, maybe I should sneak it in anyway!:)

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Just came across another one that I think I'm falling in love with.

[​IMG]

D.Lee likes this.
  9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I've got tons of time and genuine love in that car. If you want to post a shot I'd be happy for you to even if it is off topic...

10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'll do you one better.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Found another today while digging for something else. Once again you have to look past the seventies wheels and such and just dig the cool factor...

Attached Files:

12. photofink

photofink

Ive been wanting to give the full fendered treatment to my tall T for awhile now, but getting alot of flak from a friend. I cant help it, I just like the "gay old man fenders" 60's look. If I do go that route, with the parts already collected and the plans drawn up in my brain its gonna look pretty darn close to this one...minus the blower.

[​IMG]

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Embrace your inner GAY OLD MAN.

woah

14. Amazing,and with the aerodynamics of a brick to boot!:D HRP

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

There was a popular '27 T Coupe around the San Jose area, owned by the Lamb family.
    Red full fendered coupe ran a 241 Chevy six, severely recessed firewall. Featured in San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento shows thru the '50s...
    A similar '27 Coupe, but black, showed with the Lambs' red one...they were placed nose-to-nose, featured as 'T's for 2'...Black one had a beautifully detailed flathead, belonged to San Jose Jousters member.
    Tommy the Greek 'teardropped' and 'beltlined' both cars.

1964, Jim Rose ended up with the red Lamb car, was killed a couple of years later...car was lost.
    1963, the owner of the black one installed a 327 Chevy, (still had T steering!)
    A police friend of mine was writing a ticket on Bird Ave., heard a roar, and out of the underpass came the black 'T' Coupe, sideways, then over correct, 80 MPH+!
    It went by sideways, hit 2 palm trees, and a front porch...Car crumpled, Driver was killed on impact.
    Truly my most memorable full fendered T's...besides Jim King's Candy blue Buick powered '27 sedan...(another San Jose T)

16. 50Fraud

50Fraud

If anybody has a picture that MIGHT be this car, I'd love to see it.

17. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I'm bummed. The cars in the Model "T" section of the book all listed the owners' names and I didn't see Ron's name in there. Unless he sold it to somebody? Maybe a quick description so I know what I'm looking for?

If it's not in that book, I do have several others I'd be happy to look through! :D

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You know what, it might be under the new owners name from Prescott AZ. It's a fenderless black '27 tub on '32 rails with a 264 Buick Nailhead. Could be wrong too...

19. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

GEt rid of the maybe. It's Official.

20. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fordnutz, I LOVE your touring. Always dug John Monteiro's tub too - I have an old Hot Rod Magazine color photo of it hanging on the wall of my garage. Thanks for posting all the cool pics!

21. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll do me some lookin'...

22. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep!

23. Very cool.

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey gang!
    I know this isn't the classifieds, But at the Phoenix Fairgrounds swap today was about the nicest '26 or '27 sedan I've seen in a looooong time, For Sale. Complete and zero rust on the body, looks like most of a coat of original paint, and I over heard that at the tail end when he was pulling out he was done to the 3000.00 range... My camera flashed MEMORY CARD FULL as I tried to snap a picture - so that's how lame I am, but if any body wants to know about this car P.M. me 'cause I've got a number!

EDIT: since I was so lame that I didn't get a picture, I'll show you a picture of H.A.M.B.er MIKE's '27 Tudor for inspiration.... I repeat, THIS IS NOT THE CAR FOR SALE, JUST WHAT IT COULD BE!!! SAM_1369.jpg

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, just sat down for a moment and picked up another old R&C and look what I found... "Gay old man fenders" indeed... scan0055.jpg scan0056.jpg

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

And speaking of MIKE's Sedan...

Attached Files:

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, I did it again. In searching for a picture for another thread I spent way too much time with my scanner on "T" stuff... I'll have to jump back in later and load the rest, computers are revolting against me right now. scan0057.jpg scan0059.jpg scan0060.jpg scan0064.jpg scan0068.jpg scan0069.jpg

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That Tudor with the americans and jag rear is REALLY cool. And I dont have to look past the aluminum slots on the coupe, I dig 'em.
    As far as the "gay old man" fenders comment, there are a lot of "traditional rodders" on here that came to this thing in the nineties. Same crowd that build all those hidious double zed, chopped, fenderless Model A tudors...:rolleyes:

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

LOVE this tub! love the pointy beanies, just right for that car.

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Glad you said it! If I did I'd just be an asshole... But you've officially admitted it!:D