Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Car Movies on TCM tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41 C28, Mar 27, 2013.

1. 41 C28

41 C28

Old car movies on TCM next "The Crowd Roars" 1932 and Thunder Road later tonight.

2. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

thanks....already set the dvr....just watched Le Mans...have not seen that in awhile....made me smile thinking about an old grade school friend who had that poster in his room about 77 or so.....

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

saw that yesterday and set the DVR. Thanks for the reminder. also, the first Fast and Furious

4. TRuss

TRuss

Thanks for the heads up. All are set to record...and just in time.

5. Just when I cancel cable...

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

If it wasn't for TCM and the history channel, I wouldn't even watch TV.

Well, "Family Guy" is good too.:eek:

7. 41 C28

41 C28

I recall another race car movie about 1940 with the same story line as "The Crowd Roars" but a different leading man. Can't remember the name of it.

8. "The Big Wheel" with Mickey Rooney?

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great movie!

10. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

The title is misleading but catch Clark Cable racing at Indy in "To Please A Lady". Midgets and Indy cars in the late 40's.

11. Well, the 1954 "Fast and Furious" started out pretty good but day-amn! The ending was pretty corny. Never seen that movie before.
    And now for Thunder Road!

12. Stayed up and watched! Great Stuff. The Crowed Roared was the best! I remember seeing Thunder Road at the Starlite Drive-In in Stamford Ct. in the back of our 49 Ply with my parents. I thought it was the best movie ever.

13. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

Watched "SPEED" at 3 am 1938 lots of heavy presses making parts at the factory, racing at Indy and Bonneville , movie was made around 1938?

14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Excellent movie..Very good, factual dialog..Great scene where he is rebuilding the engine; he's actually doing it right!..What was the story line of The BIG Wheel ? Micky build an engine for a 40' or so sedan for robbers?

15. deuce354

deuce354

The movie was" Indianapolis Speedway" Pat O'Brien played Joe Greer everything else was the same, same racing scenes , same actors. 1937

16. white64

white64
    from Maine

The Crowd Roared was great! A great look into the past. Driving in coveralls and dress shoes! No safety equipment at all... dirt tracks and no windsheilds. Open wheeled cars, wire wheels, small brakes, and narrow tires. In the shop when they were working beneath the Miller, it was supported by wooden blocks. Those guys had balls, or were effin crazy... or both! (..and Blondell was hot!)