Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage portland swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marcshall, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

It must have been a down year last year because years past there was always a ton of good stuff at the track, Perhaps it was the first year of the mini bike ban that pissed off all the clowns who ride them around at the track.

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I think you went to the wrong event! ;) That info is correct for the Expo, but not PIR. Bikes are always OK there if not motorized. Any non motorized transport is OK at PIR. Both events allow motorized handicapped transportation, so those little 3 wheeled battery carts are OK.
    Last year PIR reeled in on motrcycles, and quads, but allowed golf carts whether gas or electric. I saw many running around, and saw an accident in front of our booth where a guy drinking/driving one hit a pedestrian.
    They should totally ban all motorized non ADA vehicles, but haven't yet.

3. fordman1

fordman1

Didn't think I needed a stall but my 1950 Ford still hasn't sold. No outside stalls open at the Expo, only inside car spots that I don't think I can fire it up for potential buyers. Going to look for someone not being able to use there spot or check out Pir stalls. Hope to meet more HAMBers again this year!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

We will be there as always. Weekend after viva. Cant wait!

5. fordman1

fordman1

Anyone have an extra stall up for grabs?

6. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Me and a few friends are planning on staying down there a couple days for the swap meet, doughnuts and strip clubs lol

7. tkmark

tkmark
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

I'll be there with a shopping list for the 235 inliner parts I need. No Rain-No Rain

8. rustybug13

rustybug13
    from Albany, Or

It sounds like the swap meet at The Expo Center is the place to be. I went a coulpe of times and never knew that there was a swap meet at PIR.

9. southerncad

southerncad

We will be at Expo, spaces 9189 & 9190....and HAMB friendly.....
    Plus Guaranteed Lowest Prices 'Cause We Cheat The Other Guy &
    Pass The Savings On To You!!!

10. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

I will be attending, going over from Boise Area, If anyone needs parts brought back, i have a long bed truck. and can transport a few things if need be. I will be heading over Thursday morning and returning Saturday afternoon.

11. After you walk the track and the expo site, you will think 8:00 PM is bedtime also!! LOL!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  12. I have been going for the last 8 years. We RV camp. We always find the better deals at the race track. Its more kicked back, not as much retail like books, and made in China tool crap or retail vendor booths.The expo to me has way too many nick nack stuff and retail crap. I'd pick the track if I had to go to just one. But we hit the track and walk around 3 times and the expo site 2 times each year. I think you might be at a different track than most of us see.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  13. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

True. But there were a few years that PIR looked like The Thunderdome from Mad Max. It eventually settled down though.

14. cesarbee440

cesarbee440
    from Auburn,WA

Went last year for the very first time. It was quite enjoyable and we liked the track just as much as the convention center. Definitely at least a two day event! See you all there!

15. eddie1

eddie1

Last year we walked the track twice, once Thursday & again on Saturday afternoon. Spent all day Friday, Saturday morning & Sunday morning at the convention center. 4 day event for us, got some great finds at reasonable prices & was not ready for bed at 8PM. Well maybe on Thursday after leaving home at 4:30am. LOL

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  16. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

im going to try. its a hard sell to my boss but ive been kissing a lot of ass. rabid whippet pm me your # we'll scour for 36 parts together.

17. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Viva this weekend, Portland next. Cant wait!

18. snowman

snowman

I'm gonna try and take Friday off of work and head out, if not I'll be there Saturday. Maybe I'll see ya there!

19. towithome

towithome
    from oregun

I caught word the track is sold out of 20x10 spots.....anyone interested in splitting a 20x60? maybe 3 or 4 ways? The 20x60 slots are $165, gives you free passes, early entrance and great parking!! Pm me if interested.

20. rancid737

rancid737

I've heard Portland has more strip clubs per capita than any other city in the U.S., so theres that...

21. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Portland women are gross, Save your cash for a steak dinner and spend the rest on car parts at the swap meet.

22. april may

april may

I'll be at the expo in building E with all the "nick nack stuff" and "retail crap". Spot #4022. Selling shitty art and stuff. :)

23. ChevyAsylum

ChevyAsylum
    Member Emeritus

Just a heads up: The Treit and Davenport Target 550 streamliner will be at the Portland Swap Meet. Plans are for it to be there from start to finish.

Come meet Marlo Treit, Korey Bligh, Dick Milne, Glenn Freudenberger and whoever else decides to show up. Note: Jim Hume won't be there. He's preparing for a little medical procedure and that kinda interferes with the Swap Meet.

They'll have t-shirts and posters (large prints, really) of the attached image.

[​IMG]

I don't know about prices and I won't be there...I'm gettin ready to take a trip to the Santa Barbara area (Dry Lakes Hall of Fame ceremony) and do some museum snooping/shooting in the LA area.

24. Cruiser

Cruiser

marcshall - Why don't shoot some pictures of the swapmeet and post a new thread on the meet when your back.

CRUISER :cool:

25. Look me up on the dragstrip just past the over pass spaces 2098, 2099. I'll have a couple extra chairs to rest your feet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  26. silversink

silversink

If I can find a rental elect chair I'll be there. can't walk with a severly torn Meniscus in the right knee. I'll find a way.

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

After three knee surgeries I feel your pain! (literally!) I can still get around pretty good, but I put a folding stool in my cart so I can rest every once in awhile!

Of course after gorgeous weather this week, the forecast is for rains to start on Thursday and go through the whole weekend!

28. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

me and 8 other buddies are headed down on wednesday from Port Alberni and Nanaimo so we can be there first thing thursday morning at the race track, this is our 3rd year in a row, its a cant miss event! hope to find some good stuff for my 31 roadster project this year!

29. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

three days to go. heading down THur morning for the track. Friday at the Expo

30. dubcee

dubcee

See ya Thursday Ken, Im headding down in the A.M. with the 41 ford truck, and the 33 coupe for sale. Im on the track 1305 - 1307