Register now to get rid of these ads!

corner of the eye finds!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GearSlammer, Mar 25, 2013.

1. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

i work for a non profit organization doing weatherization on low income families. i am on average in at least four to five homes a day through out the kings co. while doing my assessment's i always find oldies covered up in the back yards and enjoy talking to my clients and finding out some history on the vehicle. this is something ive found so far today, its a 19?? buick special convertible, and givin to him for free by an old lady who's lawn he cuts...sorry for the poor picture quality and ill try and update this thread as long as i keep finding these oldies...enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

had a 20 person crew during two phases of the census---had all of them look for tin---neat stuff...

3. I take a short cut when I cross over to the other side of the sate. I have driven it around 20 times in the last year......the other day "out of the corner of my eye" I spot a late 30's Ford p/u along side of a house. Since it was sunk down to the running board it had been there for years......Next time by I will check on it an shoot pics......

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

modern crap, not suitable for a traditional hotrod or a custom

wrong forum

5. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Looks like a 1962 Buick Special. With the price of gas today, it would be a nifty, and economical little car to drive everyday.

6. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Huh!? 62 or 63 Skylark, Nice.

7. 1961 or 62 Buick - fits the rules here just fine

8. Gigantor

Gigantor

While riding shotgun yesterday, passing a house I've been past a thousand times, I spotted an early Falcon coupe that has clearly been sitting in that same spot for years. It's amazing what you miss trying to keep it between the ditches. I should let other people drive more often. :)

9. upspirate

upspirate

I agree....yr fits here for early custom....neat compact custom,and didn't they have the small 215 nailhead design?

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my brother works for a company that goes out and walks the line following telephone poles looking for overgrown trees that will fall over and knock the lines down. he hikes all over the place and is always seein old iron out in the middle of nowhere.

11. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

It's a 61/62 Special

Yeah, doesn't belong here at all....:mad::mad::mad:

Attached Files:

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Last week, I found a piece of metal in the corner of my eye..

A Buick would have been better.

13. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Somebody thats trying to enforce the rules,should read them first,perfect car for this forum...

14. couvy

couvy

Several years ago we took a short cut between two highways. The wife was looking around and asked me what that car was. Looked around and saw a 1954 Victoria in a back yard. Old gentleman let us strip anything we wanted as long as nothing under the hood was taken. Scored a lot of trim for my Skyliner.

15. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hey, Bad Bob has one so they have to be cool...;)

16. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

haha, please dont send me to HAMB county jail....i just see old finds like this all the time and figured id share em...first thing i thought of when i saw the special was "gasser"....but ill keep posting as i find them...

17. yeah, but Bob's is UGLY! :D

18. i found some new sitting iron the other day only two were really hamb friendly though they were a 53-54 chevy belair hardtop, and a 63 fairlane or galaxie it is way off the roadon top of a hill and i was moving pretty fast

the other2 were a 66 or 67 fairlane and a 65-66 impala (impala NOT for sale)

19. I used to be a mailman and I used to find all kinds of stuff. Bought a lot of it too. But now retired from that and don't have any excuse for walking through someones yard anymore.:eek:

20. jesse1980

jesse1980

People should think before they speak. The car fits in here. Great story and find.

21. Just this Saturday- noticed a familiar roof shape behind a garage- took a closer look- Ford shoebox- had never seen it before and drove by many times-

22. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Why aint a 62 Buick suitable? I think its a cool car, even if its not up snob standards.

23. manyolcars

manyolcars

Traditionally speaking, street driven hot rods were almost always FORDS and by definition were pre-49 Fords. Cars manufactured after 1948 were called street machines until the muscle car era. Some hot rods were also raced but race cars are a different category. After the muscle car era, Street rods came into being in 1971 and the street rodders allowed off-brands but called them ODDRODS.
    If you werent there in the 50s, 60s and 70s you can go read the magazines of those times to see the truth. As recently as 2004 Streetrodder magazine was still talking about the pre-48 division.

You young fellows can not change the facts.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

All that MAY be true, but THIS forum has set the end date at 1965. So.... it fits.

25. GearSlammer, good work. Keep taking those pics! Let's see what you find...

26. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

The Buick is cool and will only get cooler with age. You never know when these finds wil pay off. Here is a photo I took from the roadside 17 years ago. I went back last December and bought this truck and the much nicer Dimaond t 201 pickup that was hidden in the barn nearby for a quarter of a century.

[​IMG]

27. I have the same problem. I drive a f-350 service truck and it's hard to keep it off the curb sometimes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look closely, there's a 68-69 Camaro hidden in the brush behind the 'vette. It has SS stripes on it.

[​IMG]

28. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

0hh!:eek:

Attached Files:

29. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haven't read that magazine anytime in this century. It's not traditional.......

30. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

buicks make great hot rods and cruisers ...