Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Video: Billetproof at Don Garlits 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spiker, Mar 24, 2013.

1. spiker

spiker

Here's a video of Billetproof 2013 held at Don Garlits Museum grounds in Ocala, FL. Good turnout and the weather was good after rains in the early morning. A lot of cars arrived late do to the early rain and I imagine some stayed home, there was still a good turnout.

http://youtu.be/DK-DJESoXKU

2. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

3. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thanks for the cool walk-through. Looks like a good turnout. First one I've missed :(

4. Great video...Thanks for posting..
    But...One of the greatest heroes of automotive history deserves to have his name pronounced correctly....Its Gar-Lits ( No T in the middle).. Not Gart - lits
    Damn ,I'm grouchy this morning...1 or 3 more cups of coffee may help
    Stan

5. boutlaw

boutlaw

Great video, sorry we bailed this year, but the weather north and west was really bad.
    Rooster....I wanted to win your "Best Mill" trophy again this year. I still think the one you built last year was the bomb, don't see how you could have topped it this year. I WILL see you next year. Looks like the weather was OK at Ocala but the weather enroute was just terrible. Sorry we missed it.

BOutlaw

6. chevy3755

chevy3755

thanks for sharing.........

7. gassa-garage

gassa-garage

Great video , with sooo much going on that day it was hard to make em all . Spring Turkey run was good and the Church of Chop was a little off due to the rain also .

8. lawman

lawman

Thank's for the video fellow !!!!

9. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO VIDEO THE SHOW
    Yes, that was a Jaguar V-12...must of sounded great with the open pipes.
    The "stock car" was cool, though not period correct.
    Cadillac in the Dixco(sp)...cool
    A lot of info for a builder.....
    Was there any music groups there, or was it all canned???

10. shoebox50

shoebox50

Thanks for the video.

11. Cool video :cool: Thanks for sharing it!

12. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Ditto to all the above thanks...

13. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Thnaks for the video....Did you buy the 65 Fairlane ??

14. robber

robber

Looked like a great time! Wished I could have been there... but it gets my blood pumping for the 2013 season! Thank you Big Daddy and thank you for sharing, spiker!
    :) ...robber

15. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your video is much appreciated. Now, only if winter would let go of Wisconsin.

16. LZ

LZ

Spiker:
    What video camera were you using? Has some nice attributes.
    thanks for the video:cool:
    Luke

17. spiker

spiker

I use a "Flip" Ultra HD camera. I broke one of the two I have, at this show. When I got home I pulled it out from between the seats in my truck, and it had a broken LCD screen. I'm trying to find a replacement screen online.

I know, sorry for putting a T in the middle of Garlits, I'm French you know, I don't speeky the English to well.

Thanks for all the kind words, I enjoy doing it. I can relate to being up North, did it for years, I'm from Maine. 4 years ago I semi-retired and I started coming to Florida for 4 months. I've been told by my kids it's been the worst winter in their memory.

18. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

Thanks!!! I wished I had more time to spend with the cars and all the owners, but this helped update me on what I missed. Great job!

19. bgaro

bgaro

yup, cool, thanks, i felt right at home with that accent too.

20. harp

harp

thanks for the video, watched the whole thing!

21. spiker

spiker

22. Spiker are you planning on attending the Perry, GA Autofest & Swapmeet? It's just right up the road from Ocala and it begins Friday.

www.perryswapmeet.com

23. Thanks for the great video - sorry I missed it this year and that the weather held up the attendance as much as it did. I know how hoard folks work on getting a show together.

But, what was there was pretty nice - I especially liked that black "A" tudor. It looked super straight and at a great price of $25K .... and the nice little Ford towards the end for $12K.

24. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

THANKS!!! Great Vid! Ive been to Florida three times & have been to Garlits place all three times. Looks like I have to time my trips south a bit better.

25. SIC98

SIC98

Thanks for the video spiker, that was the first time I have seen your truck in person, very nice, love the Lasalle headlights, sweet truck! I will say this, Alabama can produce some beautiful cars! Brian

26. spiker

spiker

No, I'm afraid I can't make it to Ga. My daughter and her family are coming to Florida for a vacation, and I'm repainting the hood on the truck this week. I want to get it done before I head back to Maine.
    It's funny you mentioned the Model A tudor. Someone from Germany commented on my YouTube account that his friend bought the Tudor in the video that day. I thought it was a real decent price.
    Also thank you for the nice comment on my truck. I've got over 37,000 miles on it since I built it 4 years ago. I love driving it.

27. spiker

spiker

28. toucan

toucan
    from sc

29. :D:D:D Got it this year :D:D:D It must be filled with lead or gold it weighs in about 30lbs! Great time great show!

[​IMG]

30. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

That was my model A tudor. It did in fact get sold to a guy from Germany Sat night at Belair Plaza. Don't know his plan's but it was in the car corral Sunday at the Turkey Run.
    Gregg